Boys Season '03/Top Two in Region Advance?

UPSGregg

Hey its only about 3 more months untill the 2003 Boys season. Should be interesting. I'm wondering if the top 2 teams from each region will advance starting this season like has been discussed. Could start seeing teams like Brentwood and Franklin or Bearden and Farragut going into the state tourney instead of eliminating each other like in the past. Hendersonville and Clarksville and Gallitan are probably looking foward to it. That is if its true. It makes since. Basketball has been doing it for years.

Posted by UPSGregg:

Hey its only about 3 more months untill the 2003 Boys season. Should be interesting. I'm wondering if the top 2 teams from each region will advance starting this season like has been discussed. Could start seeing teams like Brentwood and Franklin or Bearden and Farragut going into the state tourney instead of eliminating each other like in the past. Hendersonville and Clarksville and Gallitan are probably looking foward to it. That is if its true. It makes since. Basketball has been doing it for years.

Starting at this year's Spring Fling in Memphis, there will be eight teams from each classification instead of four, which means two teams will advance from each region to the sectional. I agree with you. It's a good thing for soccer and baseball as well.

Posted by mikemcgee:
Posted by UPSGregg:

Starting at this year's Spring Fling in Memphis, there will be eight teams from each classification instead of four, which means two teams will advance from each region to the sectional. I agree with you. It's a good thing for soccer and baseball as well.

What a scary thought. It would have been interesting to see that last year. So I guess sectionals will be region winners vs. another region's loser then. Franklin and Farragut really could have benefited from this last year. Teams like Hendersonville that come on strong in the post season really will beneift. I'm sure Clarksville would have taken advantage of it in 2001 when they were handed their first loss of the season in the region championship. Now teams will be able to advance even if they are upset in the region final. Its about time they did this.