Daniel Boone at Dobyns-Bennett

ArtVandalay

I give it a shot Waco.Firstly,I don't think Foreman,Swafford and the rest of our secondary could ever take the blame for a loss all by themselves if it happens.Neither do I think pretty much the same guys can take the credit for a victory all by themselves by putting offensive numbers up.Without looking at the film from last night,I know a few completions were caused from the Boone QB scrambling and having way to much time for our guys in coverage to cover everyone.A few plays were open when receivers {maybe backs} went into the flats after the coverage was ran down field.I wonder what the difference between the Sevier CO game and having a 42-7 halftime lead on Boone is.I wonder why half the game they were covered and the other half they were more open.Maybe,just maybe,DB was playing a lot more young guys early in the game up front,linebacker and in the secondary.Maybe I'm wrong and Boone is just that much better then Sevier county,maybe...Anyway,the only reason DB is going to lose a game is if another TEAM has more points.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing the link to the game. Look more explosive with Foreman at QB as he has the ball in his hands more. You will present a problem for anyone you play in the playoffs and if you stay healthy who knows. The biggest negative to playing against Maryville is depth. No one goes both ways for them but who know in the playoffs. If you could get them up here anything could happen. Graham does a good job with this offense and the kids seem to respond. You can really get "outflanked" in a hurry if you are an opposing defensive squad. I don't think SH will have what it takes in 6 weeks so you will enter the playoffs 10-0 once again.

I give it a shot Waco.Firstly,I don't think Foreman,Swafford and the rest of our secondary could ever take the blame for a loss all by themselves if it happens.Neither do I think pretty much the same guys can take the credit for a victory all by themselves by putting offensive numbers up.Without looking at the film from last night,I know a few completions were caused from the Boone QB scrambling and having way to much time for our guys in coverage to cover everyone.A few plays were open when receivers {maybe backs} went into the flats after the coverage was ran down field.I wonder what the difference between the Sevier CO game and having a 42-7 halftime lead on Boone is.I wonder why half the game they were covered and the other half they were more open.Maybe,just maybe,DB was playing a lot more young guys early in the game up front,linebacker and in the secondary.Maybe I'm wrong and Boone is just that much better then Sevier county,maybe...Anyway,the only reason DB is going to lose a game is if another TEAM has more points.

Firstly, I guess coach Clark agrees with me because one of the first things he said in his post game interview was "we've gotta' get better at coverage". Hears something I know for sure. Its no excuse to lose the man your covering because the QB is scrambling. We're 5 games in now these so called young guys should be catching up now. I can understand a guy getting beat a few times but we have the speed to stay with anybody we have played so far. There's just no excuse to get beat by 10 & 20 yrds. Thats blown coverage, plain and simple. If we make it far enough in the playoffs to play Maryville we're not going to be able to get pressure on their QB like we do everybody else. If they have a receiver get 10 & 20 yrds in the open it will be 6 every time. Thats why we have to fix it now. No "maybe" about it.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Firstly, I guess coach Clark agrees with me because one of the first things he said in his post game interview was "we've gotta' get better at coverage". Hears something I know for sure. Its no excuse to lose the man your covering because the QB is scrambling. We're 5 games in now these so called young guys should be catching up now. I can understand a guy getting beat a few times but we have the speed to stay with anybody we have played so far. There's just no excuse to get beat by 10 & 20 yrds. Thats blown coverage, plain and simple. If we make it far enough in the playoffs to play Maryville we're not going to be able to get pressure on their QB like we do everybody else. If they have a receiver get 10 & 20 yrds in the open it will be 6 every time. Thats why we have to fix it now. No "maybe" about it.

First,I'm sure it's comforting for coach to agree with wacojaco.I like this team and unless there is much more bad news and they can stay healthy,I do look for them to make it to a Maryville showdown.I predicted that weeks ago,and now I think your on board as well.I don't see a lot that our players and coaches can do other then keep beating the crap out of people and working hard every day.I seen a whole lot of things last night that can be worked on.No reason to have two offsides on a kickoff at this level.We lost containment up front more then one time .We had a bunch more penalties ,missed tackles,missed blocks,wrong angles and I've not even seen a game film.it's all part of the game,and you will hardly ever see a kid play the perfect game.This team gives effort and that's a great start in that direction Edited by BatmanDB