Daniel Boone at Dobyns-Bennett

ArtVandalay

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you guys ever lost a game that wasn't the ref's fault?

Yep, we have...but that one stuck out because that '07 Team was really good with Duran Duran Ferguson at QB and DB had never lost to Karns (and never did again), who I think went 5-5 that year. The Beavers did play good...and the Ref calls that went against DB were really just in the first half, the second half old momentum was on the Home Teams side and DB got beat. The flags early called a TD back and stopped another drive in its tracks.

Sasquatch...what do you think about this Friday's game?

Yep, we have...but that one stuck out because that '07 Team was really good with Duran Duran Ferguson at QB and DB had never lost to Karns (and never did again), who I think went 5-5 that year. The Beavers did play good...and the Ref calls that went against DB were really just in the first half, the second half old momentum was on the Home Teams side and DB got beat. The flags early called a TD back and stopped another drive in its tracks.

Sasquatch...what do you think about this Friday's game?

1. Pretty simple contain Swafford(I know easier said than done)

2. I think the loss of Cook hurts the run game because the threat of him keeping it was very dangerous.

3. I know Foreman is very good but if they do move him to QB you lose his deep threat ability which also impacts the run game.

4. Foreman scares me more at the QB position if he does drop back to pass and the play breaksdown. I would expect him to break a long one if Boone can't contain.

5. Boone MUST TACKLE WELL. They cannot miss tackles.

6. Turnovers are always huge

7. Boone be able to grind out some drives.

I actually believe Boone has a shot but it will be a huge upset and a long mountain to climb if they pull it off.

I think containing Swafford is going to be very difficult to do...for sure, don't kick deep to either #6 or #8. And loosing Cook is a huge loss for the Indians...Foreman will take most snaps I think with Soph. East #10 coming in as he can. I don't think East is a threat to run with the ball, nothing like Cook.

The offense you guys run makes the QB position so important. Those guys had two years together and were running it about as good as it could be ran. There's timing, decision making etc... I'm sure foreman will do a good job but it is tough to lose that much experience.

What is the status of Cook (medically/physically)? Anyone know?

Coach Clark said on radio tonight that the surguery went very weill and they expect a "good as new" recovery. Cook is up walking around and came to practice today and lifted the Team Spirits. #12 will be on the Sideline Friday Night in J.Fred Johnson Stadium.

I know the Indain faithful with give Cookie a huge round of applause! Hip Hip!!

Roll Tribe Roll

Coach Clark said on radio tonight that the surguery went very weill and they expect a "good as new" recovery. Cook is up walking around and came to practice today and lifted the Team Spirits. #12 will be on the Sideline Friday Night in J.Fred Johnson Stadium.

Roll Tribe Roll

Great news for sure !!

Roll Tribe Roll

That's good news! I pray there will be no issues down the road - Complete and 100% recovery!