Daniel Boone at Dobyns-Bennett

ArtVandalay

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The concession stands should do very well in Kingsport on Friday night...especially if the Boone Fans show up like the last time they came to town.

Ya'll pay attention to the Indians #74 Sensabaugh, man he is getting better week by week and for a young Junior, dominating the line...along with #88 Gilliam who had his best game of the year against Sevier County. Of course, you all know about #6 & #8, if you don't you will.

Roll Tribe Roll

It wil take more than a glancing to the jaw to knock down the tribe...you had better come with plenty of body shots. The sad thing for you is we at DB "float like a butterfly and sting like a bee." You'll never catch us to land your puny blow to the mouth. Be glad with your 3rd place finish or worse in the Big 8 and give thanks for even it.

Boone 28-24!

Cocky Tribe get smashed in the mouth!

Dobyns Bennett by 4+ tds. Boone simply isnt on the same page.

Waco, Batman, Voltnh, Jake, etc. - On the refs issue, I agree with some of what you're saying here. Being a transplant from middle TN, I can tell you this, the further west you go in Tennessee, the worse the refs get. Much worse. The refs in the Blount Co area are poor as well. I also agree, as I have come to realize, pretty much all the other NET school fans dislike Dobyns Bennett. Some to the point of hatred. Deserved or not, it's a fact that most NET likes to see DB lose, esecially early in the playoffs.

Back on the zebras a moment. I have seen some poor examples of refs many places, and I am sure some have "favorites" as they are human, just as you and I are. Favorites should not affect the calling, or that is a character issue and the ref shouldnt be out there. I didnt see the Boone / DB game that, as Waco puts it, a "certain ref" affected the Indians, so how do I know. BUT, BUT, I'll bet you a meal at DB's concession stand that not one of Waco, Batman, Voltnh, Jake are man enough to call out on here the "certain ref" and other refs who are against DB. Players and coaches get called out on here all the time, right or wrong. So why be hesitant gentlemen? Anybody wanna step up and call em out by name? I'm curious who we all need to avoid in stripes from now on. HAH!

(I can't figure out why the font is so screwy on this post. Cant seem to get it consistent.)

Edited by Pudding

Waco, Batman, Voltnh, Jake, etc. - On the refs issue, I agree with some of what you're saying here. Being a transplant from middle TN, I can tell you this, the further west you go in Tennessee, the worse the refs get. Much worse. The refs in the Blount Co area are poor as well. I also agree, as I have come to realize, pretty much all the other NET school fans dislike Dobyns Bennett. Some to the point of hatred. Deserved or not, it's a fact that most NET likes to see DB lose, esecially early in the playoffs.

Back on the zebras a moment. I have seen some poor examples of refs many places, and I am sure some have "favorites" as they are human, just as you and I are. Favorites should not affect the calling, or that is a character issue and the ref shouldnt be out there. I didnt see the Boone / DB game that, as Waco puts it, a "certain ref" affected the Indians, so how do I know. BUT, BUT, I'll bet you a meal at DB's concession stand that not one of Waco, Batman, Voltnh, Jake are man enough to call out on here the "certain ref" and other refs who are against DB. Players and coaches get called out on here all the time, right or wrong. So why be hesitant gentlemen? Anybody wanna step up and call em out by name? I'm curious who we all need to avoid in stripes from now on. HAH!

(I can't figure out why the font is so screwy on this post. Cant seem to get it consistent.)

The reason I don't call the officials out by name is simple; politics. The guys that get these games are well connected with those that hand out assignments. Since officiating is a part of my income, I'm not going to risk losing assignments by speaking the truth about an official who is close to the boss. Also, I have to work with these guys. When you're an official, the only friends you have on the field are the guys you're working with (again, I don't work football, but this translates to the sports that I do work). I will say there are very few officials that are working the premier games based on their performance.

The best thing for those officials such as myself, who try to do right by the game and by the players, is to just work our games the best we can and hope for a better day.

The reason I don't call the officials out by name is simple; politics. The guys that get these games are well connected with those that hand out assignments. Since officiating is a part of my income, I'm not going to risk losing assignments by speaking the truth about an official who is close to the boss. Also, I have to work with these guys. When you're an official, the only friends you have on the field are the guys you're working with (again, I don't work football, but this translates to the sports that I do work). I will say there are very few officials that are working the premier games based on their performance.

The best thing for those officials such as myself, who try to do right by the game and by the players, is to just work our games the best we can and hope for a better day.

Thats weak. Politics, really? It's pretty easy to sling mud incognito from behind the computer at your "friends". We certainly wouldn't want you risking your additional income. Glad to hear your motivation for reffing. Sounds like you have a great brotherhood there. Such a fraternity. You should be proud to be the whistle blower since you feel so strongly about it. Anybody else think this is weak?

Edited by Pudding

Thats weak. Politics, really? It's pretty easy to sling mud incognito from behind the computer at your "friends". We certainly wouldn't want you risking your additional income. Glad to hear your motivation for reffing. Sounds like you have a great brotherhood there. Such a fraternity. You should proud to be the whistle blower since you feel so strongly about it. Anybody else think this is weak?

First, I'm not slinging mud. I'm discussing a specific problem that others have verified. Coacht does provide me with a degree of anonymity for me to vent my frustrations (as it does for everyone else). I've seen too many good officials get shoved aside for saying the wrong thing. I stay involved for no other reasons than the game, and mainly for the players.

You probably wouldn't use my income argument against me if you knew what I did with it. For every hour I spend working TSSAA games, I spend at least twice that much time donating my time and services to local leagues and organizations that allow kids to play and get involved in athletics. Without the money I earn from high school contests, I wouldn't be able to volunteer elsewhere.

There are more good officials than bad ones, but it seems that the bad ones have the right friends.

So, feel free to call my response weak, it probably is. I guess I've just learned when and where to shutup.

Edited by voltnh

First, I'm not slinging mud. I'm discussing a specific problem that others have verified. Coacht does provide me with a degree of anonymity for me to vent my frustrations (as it does for everyone else). I've seen too many good officials get shoved aside for saying the wrong thing. I stay involved for no other reasons than the game, and mainly for the players.

You probably wouldn't use my income argument against me if you knew what I did with it. For every hour I spend working TSSAA games, I spend at least twice that much time donating my time and services to local leagues and organizations that allow kids to play and get involved in athletics. Without the money I earn from high school contests, I wouldn't be able to volunteer elsewhere.

There are more good officials than bad ones, but it seems that the bad ones have the right friends.

So, feel free to call my response weak, it probably is. I guess I've just learned when and where to shutup.

That's BS. If you are an official i'm sure you have sworn an oath to be honest and call it correctly. This is the same situation. I wish i knew who he or they are. I can guarantee you i would call them out. If you know something and your not telling somebody about it who can fix it then your as bad as they are and are letting it happen. Man up and do these kids a favor and report it. I know a couple of refs. and i can promise you this, if i were to find out they said they would help DB lose everytime he could, i would spend a night in jail because he and i would have a little confrontation. Man up!!!! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!

I only have a problem with calling out the kids on coacht.I don't know the guys name other then what I heard a couple hundred people calling out,and I'm pretty sure his mom was a little less creative then that when she named him.I did see the makings of another ref that will do the same,during a middle school game at DB last week.I don't know his name either,be he stinks at being a fair ref.I called a corner in a national martial arts competition and put one of our own local guys out because they lost fair and square.It's not hard to be an honest ref and there are a lot of them,you just hate guys that are not. Edited by BatmanDB