Franklin~vs~Hillsboro aka Clayton-vs-Webb

Defensedakey

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I wondered when someone was going to post this.

I dont think this game is going to be as big as most people think. One coach is a tenured head coach and the other is a new head coach with a young team.

I dont know all the details between these coaches but would like to stick to the facts about the game. Rebels / Burros.

Franklin has seemed to have the Burros number for the last few years. Does anyone know the last time that the Burros have beaten the Rebels?

Im going to say its a close one..Franklin 14- Burros 7

Hillsboro beat Franklin 28-0 in the 1977 season. Franklin won 35-30 in 1978. The Rebels have won four straight over Hillsboro since reclassification in 2008. The series goes back to at least 1968 (as far as I can find records), with Franklin going 1-4 from 1968-72, (Franklin was 17-33-1 during that stretch, ). The two did not play again until 2008. Franklin was 40-12 during the last four years overall, Hillsboro 24-23, but that includes 2008 when the Burros went 13-2, winning the state championship with losses to Franklin and MBA. Guess that makes them 11-21 over the last three years.

Franklin leads the series 6-5.

Edited by Joenmsusa

Hillsboro beat Franklin 28-0 in the 1977 season. Franklin won 35-30 in 1978. The Rebels have won four straight over Hillsboro since reclassification in 2008. The series goes back to at least 1968 (as far as I can find records), with Franklin going 1-4 from 1968-72, (Franklin was 17-33-1 during that stretch, ). The two did not play again until 2008. Franklin was 40-12 during the last four years overall, Hillsboro 24-23, but that includes 2008 when the Burros went 13-2, winning the state championship with losses to Franklin and MBA. Guess that makes them 11-21 over the last three years.

Franklin leads the series 6-5.

I'm pretty sure they played to a 14-14 tie in 2007 in the controversial thunderstorm game. Never finished the ball game.

I'm pretty sure they played to a 14-14 tie in 2007 in the controversial thunderstorm game. Never finished the ball game.

NCS...I think you are right! But neither school lists the game, making me think (as I recall) it was washed from the "offical" schedule as more of a pre-season, special event kind of game. Pre-season Clinic Bowl maybe...at Vandy as I recall.....

Since they only got one half in (more less) and never finished, it was never counted as a decision or game of any kind. I could be corrected...

NCS...I think you are right! But neither school lists the game, making me think (as I recall) it was washed from the "offical" schedule as more of a pre-season, special event kind of game. Pre-season Clinic Bowl maybe...at Vandy as I recall.....

Since they only got one half in (more less) and never finished, it was never counted as a decision or game of any kind. I could be corrected...

You are correct in 2007 The lightning game that was erased from the books and then 2008 Clinic Bowl at Vandy where Franklin took the win,

Edited by jdwg1