Top tournaments in the state?

TNWrestling

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's Soddy got lined up? I actually see no reason to reply any further on the best coach thread. But on this one I think its clear mccallie & Cleveland ate 1&2

1# Dual- Cleveland,,,,,#1 Individual- Soddy or Science Hill ,,,McCallie hasn't been 1 or 2 in a few years. Disclaimer: hope that changed with Coach CC there now! Its the best venue in the state to enjoy wrestling,,,and I assume in a couple/few years they will break the code to return McCallie,,, to the toughest tournament in the state.

CC,,,sends...

Dual Format:

Cleveland Duals- This tournament is jam packed with great talent from Georgia, Alabama and a good representation of both public and private schools from Tennessee.

Smokey Mountain Duals- Coach Foreman puts on a 1st class show in late December featuring schools from several states. I have never attended this event but from the teams listed I am sure it is something to watch.

Individual Format:

Soddy Daisy Showdown- This tournament has grown over the years and is easily one of the best in the state each year. This event will be great if the format works and god forbid the power doesn't go out.

G.P West- Coach Blair has ran this tournament for years and it continues to grow each year.

Black Horse- Walt puts on a great event, with strong teams from outside of our area.

McCallie Invitational- I have not been to this tournament but I can remember years looking back at the brackets and wondering how the kids survived. I hear the venue is great and I am sure the coaching staff has this tournament right where it needs to be each season.

Bradley Invitational- Continues to pack in great wrestling along with tradition in a 1-day event. This tournament gets a solid draw from Georgia along with teams from Middle TN.

Fandetti-Richardson Brawl- We are trying to grow this tournament each year. We try to get in several schools from other states and make the level of wrestling the best it can be for a 1-day event. The format is a modified pool tournament so each wrestle will wrestle more matches then a traditional tournament.

I am sure there are several more quality tournaments each season in our state but these are the ones that stuck out to me

Ooltewah Invitational

Chattanooga Central Invitational

Dyer-Garner Duals (Tullahoma)

Indian Classic (Dobyns-Bennett)

Halls Invitational

McGavock Invitational

Haha,,,I'm sure coaching has nothing to do with what schools come or don't come (which I think is the only change) ,,,,but I do love me some CC and wanted to throw that out there. He is a good looking man! That has to help attract something good for the tournament?! What I should have said is, " with Cody on-board ,,The McCallie could possibly bring in top programs from up north, if the mommies ever see him up close" That's raw power,,,you can't coach that sort of thing.........

McCallie is still one of the toughest in the state,,,I just don't think they hold the first place spot anymore.

CC,,,sends...

Cleveland Duals, McCallie, GP West, Tn State Individual/Team, Science Hill, Black Horse, Bradley's, Pigeon Forge, Soddy's, Region 4, Ryan's, Chstt. Central and the Dog Pound, Beech's, Sycamore's

Dog pound, Beech,...???? Joking??? Top Tournaments???

Edited by HSDAD