DCA

WaReAgLe3

Guest Sackmaster50

As a player for DCA, I just want to say that I would choose no other school to attend. I play multiple sports here, and I love all of the experiences I've had. The coaches in EVERY sport are fantastic and have been great men and women for me to look up to. Yes, we had a big player, but that does not mean he was able to play. He was injured for a while and struggled learning the plays. The coaches kept teaching him and going over the plays with him, but he could not grasp the concepts as well as required to play. As for the player from USN that you guys think did not attend summer workouts, I recall all of them being there the required amount of times. I also think you might be getting confused about the students our school is housing. We have a student exchange program in which students from China come and learn in the U.S. We do not house any athletes because our school is not like that. We have struggled at points during the season, but we are definitely not as bad as you guys make us out to be. We have a young team and have a tough schedule for the year. Many of you guys are being flat out disrespectful and should take a step back and look at what you're saying and who you might be hurting.

If I was a DCA player/coach I would be focused on FRA tonight. A win tonight probably sets you up with a first round bye in the playoffs. I recommend you not worry about a bunch of people on a public forum and get your mind on the Panthers. Good luck to you and your teammates in your respective sports.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a player for DCA, I just want to say that I would choose no other school to attend. I play multiple sports here, and I love all of the experiences I've had. The coaches in EVERY sport are fantastic and have been great men and women for me to look up to. Yes, we had a big player, but that does not mean he was able to play. He was injured for a while and struggled learning the plays. The coaches kept teaching him and going over the plays with him, but he could not grasp the concepts as well as required to play. As for the player from USN that you guys think did not attend summer workouts, I recall all of them being there the required amount of times. I also think you might be getting confused about the students our school is housing. We have a student exchange program in which students from China come and learn in the U.S. We do not house any athletes because our school is not like that. We have struggled at points during the season, but we are definitely not as bad as you guys make us out to be. We have a young team and have a tough schedule for the year. Many of you guys are being flat out disrespectful and should take a step back and look at what you're saying and who you might be hurting.

While I agree that it is both disgusting and disrespectful for current and former coaches to get on here and bash our team, I see points on both sides. This season has been hard to be a part of. With coaching issues, player/playing issues, and losing regularly we just can't seem to catch a break. We are young and I think that some of the older players on the team are more of a distraction and are doing more damage then good for the younger players. This was obviously not our year but I would say that the future is looking bright for our program.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sackmaster50

No offense meant. I do, however see a difference between discussing on-field/on-court action and discussing a kid's personal life off the field/court. Especially when the off-field stuff includes speculation and "opinion" rather than fact. Maybe that's just me.

Looks like Emmanuel will be sitting out of sports the rest of the year at USN. I wonder where we will see him playing next year? Regardless, I'm sure he will be cherished wherever he ends up enrolling. He has great upside and almost limitless potential with a little coaching up. Good luck to him and his family going forward.

• 3 months later...
Guest Sackmaster50

Looks like Emmanuel will be sitting out of sports the rest of the year at USN. I wonder where we will see him playing next year? Regardless, I'm sure he will be cherished wherever he ends up enrolling. He has great upside and almost limitless potential with a little coaching up. Good luck to him and his family going forward.

I stand corrected! Mr. Newsom did play Bball for the Tigers. Interesting to see if he suits up in a wildcat football uniform next season...??

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sackmaster50

How many players did DCA have on their team that went to USN this past year? How many might suit up for the Wildcats this coming season?

There were 2 or 3 that contributed(started/played) regularly last season, but not sure if that will be the case this upcoming season... Minus the incoming freshmen for DCA, they will have less than 30 players coming back.

Edited by Sackmaster50

There were 2 or 3 that contributed(started/played) regularly last season, but not sure if that will be the case this upcoming season... Minus the incoming freshmen for DCA, they will have less than 30 players coming back.

Just out of curiosity, who were the players from USN last year? Also, your freshman class this past year was pretty good. It seems that DCA has some talent and size coming up. Edited by orangecrush

Guest Sackmaster50

Just out of curiosity, who were the players from USN last year? Also, your freshman class this past year was pretty good. It seems that DCA has some talent and size coming up.

There were only 2 off the top of my head that started. 15 and 22 both started at WR/DB. I'm not sure how many more came over and played for the team... other than Immanuel. I think there were 2 or 3 additional USN players

Edited by Sackmaster50

There were only 2 off the top of my head that started. 15 and 22 both started at WR/DB. I'm not sure how many more came over and played for the team... other than Immanuel. I think there were 2 or 3 additional USN players

I didn't realize that Douglas went to USN. I knew that #22 went there, good player by the way, but he and Douglas are two very good players that DCA has gotten. That is a very good set up that USN/DCA has going, which has benefited the kids of USN.

Guest Sackmaster50

I didn't realize that Douglas went to USN. I knew that #22 went there, good player by the way, but he and Douglas are two very good players that DCA has gotten. That is a very good set up that USN/DCA has going, which has benefited the kids of USN.

It is good for the USN kids that want an opportunity to play football. Hopefully more come out for the sake of numbers alone...

It is good for the USN kids that want an opportunity to play football. Hopefully more come out for the sake of numbers alone...

Sackmaster50, how do you see the Wildcats being this coming season? What should be their strengths and weaknesses? How will they be compared to last season? I would think they will be better, which is saying something considering they went to the semifinals.

Guest Sackmaster50

Sackmaster50, how do you see the Wildcats being this coming season? What should be their strengths and weaknesses? How will they be compared to last season? I would think they will be better, which is saying something considering they went to the semifinals.

Not too sure to be honest. I don't know how many, if any, USN kids will be contributing this season and I believe they lost 2 or 3 lineman that leaves voids to fill. The incoming freshmen class is supposed to be really talented, if all of them stay in school there and can contribute sooner than later. I see them winning the games you typically anticipate them winning (Ezell, Davidson, FRA, MJCA, King's Academy) and coming up a bit short against the likes of Friendship, Webb, and Boyd-Buch. Not sure about E. Robertson and Jackson Christian, but good chance of victory against those teams I would think... Should be an interesting year for the Wildcats.