DCA

WaReAgLe3

Guest Sackmaster50

I think #70 is D. Ewin who is a pretty good player. Supposedly the "Big Benchwarmer" has left the team. Not sure if this is true but that is one of a few rumors floating around about the DCA football players and coaches.

Maybe Coach "Bucksfan" or BigENS can confirm this...???

Edited by Sackmaster50

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sackmaster50

Looks as though the kid has stopped playing football this year. Haven't gotten a reason from anyone yet. Will be interesting to see if he plays basketball. If not expect him to be gone next year.

He can still play JV bball and be able to transfer though. So we still might see him on the hardwood this coming season...??

Looks as though the kid has stopped playing football this year. Haven't gotten a reason from anyone yet. Will be interesting to see if he plays basketball. If not expect him to be gone next year.

I don't understand . . . are you suggesting that this kid is enrolled at USN primarily for athletics? If so, I think you are sadly mistaken and that you owe the kid, his family and the school apologies. If not, please explain what you mean. Thanks!

Guest Sackmaster50

I don't understand . . . are you suggesting that this kid is enrolled at USN primarily for athletics? If so, I think you are sadly mistaken and that you owe the kid, his family and the school apologies. If not, please explain what you mean. Thanks!

DCA & USN have a co-op in Football. He is a student at USN. He can still play bball for USN if he chooses to, but that would more than likely rule him out for transferring to another school to play football next year after week 5 of next football season. If he doesn't play bball for USN then there is a likelihood he is sitting out so he can transfer to another school to be eligible for their football team after week 5 next season since a player has to wait 1 calendar year to play sports at another school after transferring... Not quite sure what was said that requires an apology, could you ellaborate how that was offensive to the player, his family and his school..??? I'm sure any student and his/her parents take into consideration more than just a school's athletics programs before deciding where they choose to go. Albeit sports may play a heavy roll in some's decision, it is not the only thing to consider be it USN, DCA or any other private school of your choice.

Edited by Sackmaster50

DCA & USN have a co-op in Football. He is a student at USN. He can still play bball for USN if he chooses to, but that would more than likely rule him out for transferring to another school to play football next year after week 5 of next football season. If he doesn't play bball for USN then there is a likelihood he is sitting out so he can transfer to another school to be eligible for their football team after week 5 next season since a player has to wait 1 calendar year to play sports at another school after transferring... Not quite sure what was said that requires an apology, could you ellaborate how that was offensive to the player, his family and his school..??? I'm sure any student and his/her parents take into consideration more than just a school's athletics programs before deciding where they choose to go. Albeit sports may play a heavy roll in some's decision, it is not the only thing to consider be it USN, DCA or any other private school of your choice.

I read the post to which I responded as inferring that the kid is interested in transferring for sports. I do not believe that this is the case at all. I understand the transfer rules, but there is no indication that sports plays such a big role in this kids life or that he is at USN for anything other than an education. An apology is warranted for assuming that any kid values athletics over academics, based solely upon his size. If that is not what was meant, then I withdraw my request for an apology.

Guest Sackmaster50

I read the post to which I responded as inferring that the kid is interested in transferring for sports. I do not believe that this is the case at all. I understand the transfer rules, but there is no indication that sports plays such a big role in this kids life or that he is at USN for anything other than an education. An apology is warranted for assuming that any kid values athletics over academics, based solely upon his size. If that is not what was meant, then I withdraw my request for an apology.

That makes complete sense. USN is an excellent academic school and I believe, aside from USN's academic track record, this particular player's talents on the hardwood may have a been part of his decision to go to USN as well since they have been quite competitive in the last 4 years, but I can't assume either one on his or his parent's behalf. Either way, I wish him the best in whatever his future holds. As for what BigENS is inferring, I don't think that was what he was inferring, but I'll leave that to him to speak for.

Lets just see how it all plays out. I was simply stating my opinion on what might happen. But if I am correct, we will see in about a month, can I expect an apology from you?

For what? My beef is with spreading gossip about a high school kid on a message board, whether meant to be flattering or not. These kids are not public figures and have not opted to place their personal lives in the limelight as have NFL or, arguably, NCAA athletes. Quite frankly, I believe that any decisions as to what, if any, sport a kid plays or where he or she goes to school is solely the business of the interested parties, which does not include CoachT. I wish the kid nothing but the best and that he excel in whatever he seeks.

For what? My beef is with spreading gossip about a high school kid on a message board, whether meant to be flattering or not. These kids are not public figures and have not opted to place their personal lives in the limelight as have NFL or, arguably, NCAA athletes. Quite frankly, I believe that any decisions as to what, if any, sport a kid plays or where he or she goes to school is solely the business of the interested parties, which does not include CoachT. I wish the kid nothing but the best and that he excel in whatever he seeks.

Why do you get on Coacht? Most of the posts on any of the topics are "gossip" about a player or team?

Why do you get on Coacht? Most of the posts on any of the topics are "gossip" about a player or team?

No offense meant. I do, however see a difference between discussing on-field/on-court action and discussing a kid's personal life off the field/court. Especially when the off-field stuff includes speculation and "opinion" rather than fact. Maybe that's just me.

As a player for DCA, I just want to say that I would choose no other school to attend. I play multiple sports here, and I love all of the experiences I've had. The coaches in EVERY sport are fantastic and have been great men and women for me to look up to. Yes, we had a big player, but that does not mean he was able to play. He was injured for a while and struggled learning the plays. The coaches kept teaching him and going over the plays with him, but he could not grasp the concepts as well as required to play. As for the player from USN that you guys think did not attend summer workouts, I recall all of them being there the required amount of times. I also think you might be getting confused about the students our school is housing. We have a student exchange program in which students from China come and learn in the U.S. We do not house any athletes because our school is not like that. We have struggled at points during the season, but we are definitely not as bad as you guys make us out to be. We have a young team and have a tough schedule for the year. Many of you guys are being flat out disrespectful and should take a step back and look at what you're saying and who you might be hurting.