North Greene at Cosby

Jrone71

Anybody have any input on this one? I think it is important for Cosby to get a good win here to be able to finish the season strong in the region. If not, some of the upper classification games could get very ugly fast coming up as well as the Coalfield game. Neither team has yet to beat a quality team, but I think that Cosby will get their first region win and hopefully play with more heart and pride throughout the season.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have any input on this one? I think it is important for Cosby to get a good win here to be able to finish the season strong in the region. If not, some of the upper classification games could get very ugly fast coming up as well as the Coalfield game. Neither team has yet to beat a quality team, but I think that Cosby will get their first region win and hopefully play with more heart and pride throughout the season.

Huge games for both squads, I'll have to go with the Eagles in a highly contested game.

North Greene's defense is nasty, but they are not good enough offensively and field position will decide this one. Cosby 21-7.

They don't run the triple option anymore? Or is it not very effective?

The triple option is effective if its executed perfectly. You have to sell the fakes. The qb has to have a sixth sense on whether to keep it or pitch it. From what I've heard, NG is not very disciplined and that is what you have to be to run the offense. They would rather fight than play football. They killed themselves against SG with penalties and turnovers.

I'm going with the Eagles in this one. And I would love to watch it in person. This would give me a good feel for where these teams stand. I had high hopes for both squads early on, but neither has proven themselves yet. Much like our Landers. I would like to see our region games be competitive across the board. It makes it tough when you play cupcake games and throw in a few top ten teams out of conference. It's hard to gauge where you really stand when the level of competition is so uneven

You both are bat poop crazy! icon_e_smile.gif I hate that the level of competition is so uneven as well. Its like this side of the state has a different mindset or something. There is no excuse for any program not to be on the same level as Hampton's. Unaka and North Greene are schools with the same type of kids that put their britches on the same as everyone else but they just don't field good teams. I firmly believe it mostly has to do with the type of leadership you have. Cloudland is on their way up. The only thing I can tell coach M is start a mandatory weight lifting program in the offseason, then get you some line coaches who can teach those boys how to block. Thats Unaka's whole trouble. They can't block a soul. Blocking takes technique and passion. Its alot of work. It appears those boys don't have any pride in themselves or they are just too young and weak. You can't run any offense when you are over matched on the line. Anyway, Mckinney needs to get a hold of himself. He definitely won't help his team by coming unglued.

Cosby would help themselves a ton if they would play the big QB both ways. I bet Cosby is the only team in the region that don't start their QB both ways. Call me crazy,but I just don't get it.

True..I don't know if he just doesn't want to play or coaches don't want to risk him getting injured..he is an athlete and would make plays for us defensively that's for sure.