Region 4A

classof15

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 7a I would expect Clay or Pickett to be the teams to beat. Monterey may be improved, but didn't Clarkrange and JC lose quite a few seniors from last years team...If they lost as much as I think they did, again i'm not sure, they may be cellar dwellers this year...

In 8a it could be a repeat of last year! FCS should finish out on top! How much did Watertown lose last year? As for RBS, they'll be improved but are still a couple years away from being a real contender in the district/region again.

Classic post Billy. We lost some good players and leaders, but our talent should still be just as good as anyone else's in the region. AJ plays basketball as well so he should be able to help the team. The question I have with this years team is can we find a decent shooter? We only had a decent shooter last year and we won the state championship so we don't necessarily need a great shooter. As long as we play good D then we should be able to compete with anyone on the schedule

Classic post Billy. We lost some good players and leaders, but our talent should still be just as good as anyone else's in the region. AJ plays basketball as well so he should be able to help the team. The question I have with this years team is can we find a decent shooter? We only had a decent shooter last year and we won the state championship so we don't necessarily need a great shooter. As long as we play good D then we should be able to compete with anyone on the schedule

i agree. We had multiple decent shooters last year including Patterson, Sandoval, Anderson and other players could toss a few in from time to time. If the starting guards of this years team can all become decent shooters from the outside then we will be better off than if we had one "go to guy." I also agree that if we can play some solid defense then we should be able to win a good amount of games.

The main downfall of this years team will be lack of experience. Graduating 8 seniors made it to where only limited underclassmen recieved significant time during big games. The players that recieved time last year will have to step up and be a leader of the team (not a one man show by any means though).

I'm interested to see how good your guys quarterback will be at basketball and baseball! He's a natural athlete and probably excel if he does play. In baseball what position will he play? A strong armed guy like he is I assume he may get some work on the mound and outfield!

We have at least 3 of our top pitchers returning with Godwin Swindoll and Snider. Remus also got some good reps at pitching last year. With that said i dont think AJ will be a pitcher, well i dont think we need him there at least. But i can see him being a SS/2B to replace the graduated Kyle Wood.

Basketball this guy should be a 3 guard in my opinion. Ive seen him play and he doesnt seem to be too much of an offensive threat except on trash points. I would look for AJ, Heaston, Williams, and the rest of this FC basketball team to be a very fast pace playing team. If they are slowed down then it could cause them trouble

I didn't know he played baseball, I wouldn't he'll be pitching much this year unless he is a pretty good pitcher. We do need depth in the middle infield so maybe that's where he can play and contribute. I see this years basketball team as being a toss up. I could see us being nearly or just as good as last year. I could also see this year going downhill fast if we cannot hit jump shots.

I didn't know he played baseball, I wouldn't he'll be pitching much this year unless he is a pretty good pitcher. We do need depth in the middle infield so maybe that's where he can play and contribute. I see this years basketball team as being a toss up. I could see us being nearly or just as good as last year. I could also see this year going downhill fast if we cannot hit jump shots.

i agree that the jumpshot wil be the big struggle for this years team. if we can not hit jumpshots then we will lose a halfcourt/slow-pace game. if we can hit jumpshots then we could be tough to beat. but as for this year, we can have the intimidation factor of being "Defending State Champions". i just hope we can defend it right.