Dobyns-Bennett bye week. Where can we improve?

dbFAN91

What changes will be made? What about the defense, how can we stop getting beat deep? I watched the Seigal and Riverdale video and either one of those teams will eat us up if we don't learn to be disciplined and keep contain. They look playoff ready and we are not close. It's going to take a complete team coming together and push each other to get it done. If we have a starter who's not getting it done we need to find someone else. I'm not going to call anyone out but a certain player on defense needs to get his head screwed on straight or we need to replace him. You have to be conditioned mentally as well as physically. We can't get burned deep, stay with your man until there is no doubt. Stay tough Indians and let's do this. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't see many off week threads,but if any team can do it,it's DB.Well 91,you must think the secondary is improving,because your only talking about one player instead of three this week.I like where the team is right now.I think the coaches will always put the very best players on the field that will give us the best chance, unless there is a problem that we don't know about.I've watched countless practices and seen kids that should be playing, doing things that kept them off the field.Walking around,talking back or other things.Anyway,the coaches have that call and there isn't much said on here that will change how they do things.I don't see us getting any work in the next few games that will be near as good as our own practices.I 'd love to go back to the championship game this year and watch theTribe this time around,but it will take a whole lot of work in all areas and not just one part of the game.

You don't see many off week threads,but if any team can do it,it's DB.Well 91,you must think the secondary is improving,because your only talking about one player instead of three this week.I like where the team is right now.I think the coaches will always put the very best players on the field that will give us the best chance, unless there is a problem that we don't know about.I've watched countless practices and seen kids that should be playing, doing things that kept them off the field.Walking around,talking back or other things.Anyway,the coaches have that call and there isn't much said on here that will change how they do things.I don't see us getting any work in the next few games that will be near as good as our own practices.I 'd love to go back to the championship game this year and watch theTribe this time around,but it will take a whole lot of work in all areas and not just one part of the game.

Why is it that every time sombody states the obvious about the secondary your always the very first one to call the out? Here sits DB with a great team, almost every piece to the puzzle except two. They have a poor secondary and the get flaged to much. Everybody knows about those two problems, the coaches, the players, the fans, my grandma, the family dog, etc etc. You act like nobody is supposed to talk about it because we might hurt sombodys feelings. These boys need to learn right now that life is not all a bed of roses. You always brag about all these practices you've been to then you should know how the coaches stay on these boys backs when they mess up. There is nothing being said on coacht that even comes close to what they here from the coaches. If you were a head coach I could see your team bringing flowers out to the coin toss.

Why is it that every time sombody states the obvious about the secondary your always the very first one to call the out? Here sits DB with a great team, almost every piece to the puzzle except two. They have a poor secondary and the get flaged to much. Everybody knows about those two problems, the coaches, the players, the fans, my grandma, the family dog, etc etc. You act like nobody is supposed to talk about it because we might hurt sombodys feelings. These boys need to learn right now that life is not all a bed of roses. You always brag about all these practices you've been to then you should know how the coaches stay on these boys backs when they mess up. There is nothing being said on coacht that even comes close to what they here from the coaches. If you were a head coach I could see your team bringing flowers out to the coin toss.

Why ? because it's a web page that lets any of us dog the kids or raise them up if we want to.If we had a lock down secondary right now that could stop any team in the state, would it be all DB needs to win a state title ? Would it be enough to stop a team like Whitehaven running it straight at DB.I don't know and time will tell just how far this team can go.Nobody wants to talk about how many tackles or good plays these kids have made in the secondary, or the fact the coaches are playing a bunch of young guys trying to gain depth.I bet you any amount that every player on the team has made his share of mistakes and I just don't think it's fair to call out any part when they are learning and growing up as players.Yes, life is no bed of roses and there are plenty of people to put you down,I just like to take the high road when it comes to 14-18 year old kids Edited by BatmanDB

Why ? because it's a web page that lets any of us dog the kids or raise them up if we want to.If we had a lock down secondary right now that could stop any team in the state, would it be all DB needs to win a state title ? Would it be enough to stop a team like Whitehaven running it straight at DB.I don't know and time will tell just how far this team can go.Nobody wants to talk about how many tackles or good plays these kids have made in the secondary, or the fact the coaches are playing a bunch of young guys trying to gain depth.I bet you any amount that every player on the team has made his share of mistakes and I just don't think it's fair to call out any part when they are learning and growing up as players.Yes, life is no bed of roses and there are plenty of people to put you down,I just like to take the high road when it comes to 14-18 year old kids

Oh how i wish you would take a high road. Right off a dang cliff. I tell it like it is and you have to sugar coat and tell everybody it will be ok. Well, that's how you build a team of losers. I'm going to get on there hind ends and tell them to step up or they will be replaced. That's the only way these young men are going to get tough enough to beat the likes of Maryville. Now if we were coaching girls, it would'nt be a good practice. Since were not watching a powder puff football leauge i'm going to keep telling it like i see it. I guess the fumes at the Big E are getting to you. Were too soft! We have to get tough. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!