Smith Co. @ Macon Co. - Where is everybody?

PPride

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good gosh, I guess Pemberton was worth every penny he was paid.

First 3 times SC touched the ball,60 yard TD run by Manning, next a 30 yard pass for a TD and the third time a 50 yard (?) sweep for a TD called back.

Unbelievable that MC has fallen that far, that quick.

Good luck the rest of the way MC, things almost have to get better.

Sc will probably win this one...but I don't forsee a Title in their horizons....GO GHS TIGERS!!! Oh wait...they are!!!

Don't you mean ANOTHER title Atwood? SC already has 1. SMITH COUNTY CHAMPS.roflol.gif

It was disappointing all the way around from Macon's perspective. I knew it could get lopsided so that wasn't really surprising but the way it happened was. It wasn't just that Smith was scoring on us but how easy it was

for them was really disappointing. We had maybe a couple of players going all out and fighting but as a team they just laid down and took it. I don't know what else to say. Good game Smith. Good luck the rest of the way.

It was disappointing all the way around from Macon's perspective. I knew it could get lopsided so that wasn't really surprising but the way it happened was. It wasn't just that Smith was scoring on us but how easy it was

for them was really disappointing. We had maybe a couple of players going all out and fighting but as a team they just laid down and took it. I don't know what else to say. Good game Smith. Good luck the rest of the way.

From what little i've seen and what i've been Aaron Carter is the lone bright spot on the Macon's offense, just noone to go around him. I watched Macon's jr. high a week or so ago and they looked pretty good, so hopefully they all can stick with it...

Cant wait to hear the owls crying when Macon whips em tonight!!! Smith is prolly the easiest team on the schedule for macon. The records will prove that.

Easiest team on the schdule?? Ya'll are in a LOT of trouble then.

What the records prove is.........MC may be easiest them on ANYBODYs scheduel.

All jokes, jabs and bull aside Steno, something is amiss. I don't know if it's the coaching, so many coaching changed,or something else. But I really do hate it for the kids that go all out and really want to play . 2-3 early, quick, score will take the life out of a team, but this seemed to be something more. Again, I hate it for the kids,

macon has a bunch of seniors that did not come out and play for what ever reason and several juniors.this kind of lick at one time is very hard to overcome.macon will return alot of players with some experience next year if they return.and no im not saying macon would have beat s.c. with the players im talking about but it would have been a little better game and i feel kike they would have won a game or 2 by now.it's going to be a long rest of the season if something don't change quick.not taking anything away from smith at all good ball club and came ready to play.could be the best team macon has seen so far.getting beat was'nt as bad as the team just seem to fizzle out and quit trying, that part is tough to swallow.anyway good luck the rest of the way owls it's been fun poking at each other all week on the t and anything left to say,all i can say is macon deserves it and maybe before to long we'll have something that will hold water to poke back.

All jokes, jabs and bull aside Steno, something is amiss. I don't know if it's the coaching, so many coaching changed,or something else. But I really do hate it for the kids that go all out and really want to play . 2-3 early, quick, score will take the life out of a team, but this seemed to be something more. Again, I hate it for the kids,

T-mite, I've been told that Macon had a mass exodus of older players when the famous Pemberton jumped ship on his beloved quarter back club and boosters. I do feel sorry for the fans who love Macon Co. football up there. They do support the team even though there is not much to support on many occasions. Iv been told that Macon Co. is almost totally freshman and sophmores left after Big P walked away from all the perks up there. They always say what dont kill you can make you stronger so, the freshman and sophmores of this year will be battled tested for the next couple of years.

macon has a bunch of seniors that did not come out and play for what ever reason and several juniors.this kind of lick at one time is very hard to overcome.macon will return alot of players with some experience next year if they return.and no im not saying macon would have beat s.c. with the players im talking about but it would have been a little better game and i feel kike they would have won a game or 2 by now.it's going to be a long rest of the season if something don't change quick.not taking anything away from smith at all good ball club and came ready to play.could be the best team macon has seen so far.getting beat was'nt as bad as the team just seem to fizzle out and quit trying, that part is tough to swallow.anyway good luck the rest of the way owls it's been fun poking at each other all week on the t and anything left to say,all i can say is macon deserves it and maybe before to long we'll have something that will hold water to poke back.

Jo Byrns was the easiest game on the schedule for MC and there best chance to win. I was thinking maybe that they would be able to compete with Sycamore and Greenbrier but that's thrown out as well. From what I was told Macon has very little coming up that is already in high school and will struggle for a while, but you know how hearsay goes. As I said, they have some talent in jr. high that can be very good if they stick with it and improve.