FRIENDSHIP CHRISITAN vs TROUSDALE...?

VandyFan7

I believe Trousdale will pull this one out. All I keep hearing is AJ this and AJ that. If it weren't for his recievers making some outstanding catches and lack of competiton, his numbers would not be where they are. I believe he is very talented and will play at the next level, but, against good competition he has yet to prove much. He couldn't even finish the Gordonsville game and the backup did just as good as he did throwing the ball. To me, the Jackson County QB showed me just as much as Long did throwing the ball and in fact I believe The JC QB is tougher. I just think Trousdale will not be done the way Gordonsville did them twice in a season. By the way, the best QB in Region 4 -1A is Payton Watson, hands down, not AJ Long. Head to Head competition proves that.

Just how many passes did Watson complete vs FC and for how many yds. Watson is a very good leader and a nice running qb. He is no where near the talent of AJ. Your reasoning of head to head competition is a pathetic reach. Put AJ behind g-villes all Sr O-line or line Watson up running against Gville's defense and see what stats Watson puts up. AJ rushed for around 100 vs gville and 2 td's. How many D-1 schools are offering Watson who is a Sr? AJ has the interest of schools like Oregon, UCLA, Syracuse, just to name a few. Again, let me stress Watson is a very good running qb, a good leader, and a good player for a very good team. His O-line is what makes him win.

It's hard for you to convince me that you know more than all these D1 scouts. Arizona, UCLA, and Syracuse have already offered scholarships. Go to 247sports.com if you don't believe me

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I know he reportedly has offers from these schools according to those sources on the internet. This info. was also being reported prior to him even taking a snap at FCS. Has Arizona, UCLA, or Syracuse or Oregon for that matter watched the Gordonsville-FCS Film yet? It is available through HUDL. If they watched that film, they may "offer" scholarships to a couple of Gordonsville Players if they believed Long was that good.

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I know he reportedly has offers from these schools according to those sources on the internet. This info. was also being reported prior to him even taking a snap at FCS. Has Arizona, UCLA, or Syracuse or Oregon for that matter watched the Gordonsville-FCS Film yet? It is available through HUDL. If they watched that film, they may "offer" scholarships to a couple of Gordonsville Players if they believed Long was that good.

^^^^ well said

Just how many passes did Watson complete vs FC and for how many yds. Watson is a very good leader and a nice running qb. He is no where near the talent of AJ. Your reasoning of head to head competition is a pathetic reach. Put AJ behind g-villes all Sr O-line or line Watson up running against Gville's defense and see what stats Watson puts up. AJ rushed for around 100 vs gville and 2 td's. How many D-1 schools are offering Watson who is a Sr? AJ has the interest of schools like Oregon, UCLA, Syracuse, just to name a few. Again, let me stress Watson is a very good running qb, a good leader, and a good player for a very good team. His O-line is what makes him win.

You can talk numbers all you want, Mr. Long didn't finish the game against Gordonsville. Where was he in the fourth quarter during crunch time? Trust me, If he cant take it at little ole' GHS then what makes anyone think he can handle the physical play of Division 1 Football. This week against Trousdale I believe they will have the same approach against Long.

In my opinion, Long has D1 talent, but I question his mental and physical toughness. Some of that may be due to his age.

He grow some mentally and physically before next year.

His toughness may be the reason he doesn't have that much interest from SEC schools. I could be wrong on their amount of interest. It's just that no one has mentioned in SEC school that's interested.

He did get 100 yards against Gville but over half was on 2 carries. I think it took 15 carries to get the rest.

I think he'll show out in this game, however.

Like I said, he's a D1 talent, he needs to mature a little though.

I am a Gville fan that is impressed with Aj Long, and cant even imagine the numbers he'll put up next year when the new wide receiver recruits hit campus to restock the departing senior class.

Peyton Watson doesnt have a chance to get recruited by a big-time program ONLY because of his size.

Fcs handles business against Trousdale. Unfortunately they smell blood in the water thanks to Trousdales performance thus far.

AJ already has official offers or just verbal? I didnt think an official offer could be given until this April if he is a junior? Unless its changed from last year. Don't confuse interest with offers, when my son went through this he got invited to lots of team camps. He may very well be on his way to Oregon would love to see this form the mid-state. Would rather he went to TN though if he is that kind of talent.