kingston@alcoa

jacketfan82

If anything the parents and fans should be mad at the coach for putting a 130lb freshman in the game. Better yet, get mad at the tackle who who missed his block. If you watch the tape he made a half-hearted attempt to cut #57. I bet you all wouldn't be mad if he would have taken out #57 knee. thumb[1].gif

Quit your whinning. You all are acting like #57 was thinking at the snap of the ball I'm going to have the tackle miss a block, guard is going to pull, I'm going to slant backside, grab the running back, pick him up and slam him to the ground so I can be ridiculed by a bunch of adults.

As someone has already stated, move on.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also we no longer have illegal procedure.

Ok, so was it a "false start" mr. ref? And if so, wouldn't that be a dead ball foul? And if so, wouldn't that stop the play and result in a penalty? And if so, wouldn't that have prevented the tackle in question? Just questions from an old HS and college football player who might be a little more well versed on the "Good Book" than the TSSAA Official Rule Book.

Edited by alcoafan72

Much respect to #57, and the father that has taught him how to play the game. Don't let the one or two that say this is cheap get away from the fact that a great play was made, with or without the flip result of the tackle. Mr. Young, we met at the McDonalds in Hardin Valley and so I know you and your son. Not a dirty kid, I can first hand vouch for that. Good luck to you and the rest of the boys, and I hope you will find your way down to the fence week 10 to say hello before or after the game.

p.s. the backside tackle does a horrible job trying to cut #57 after the pulling guard leaves AND i would wager the center didn't help any if at all (only watched backside). #57 made a SMART football play and put his stamp on it. Not dirty.

If you think you can first hand vouch that you know this kid cause you had a Big Mac at the same Mcdonalds as him I can first hand vouch that you are an idiot

Much respect to #57, and the father that has taught him how to play the game. Don't let the one or two that say this is cheap get away from the fact that a great play was made, with or without the flip result of the tackle. Mr. Young, we met at the McDonalds in Hardin Valley and so I know you and your son. Not a dirty kid, I can first hand vouch for that. Good luck to you and the rest of the boys, and I hope you will find your way down to the fence week 10 to say hello before or after the game.

p.s. the backside tackle does a horrible job trying to cut #57 after the pulling guard leaves AND i would wager the center didn't help any if at all (only watched backside). #57 made a SMART football play and put his stamp on it. Not dirty.

Thanks that means alot 'CoachLogan74

He tries to be a good kid and I feel like his mother and I have raised him right. On the football side yes i have taught him to be physical thats why he started last year as a Sophomore and why he works out everyday of his life to become bigger faster and stronger. And why he benches 335 and weighs 265 pounds.

If you think you can first hand vouch that you know this kid cause you had a Big Mac at the same Mcdonalds as him I can first hand vouch that you are an idiot

I am very sorry that your team suffered the beating it did, and that your player was thrown around like he was. I think your anger should be directed more at your own program and not me though. Anywhere from having that child in the game, to the offensive linemen not playing with enough pride to make a real attempt to block the best defensive lineman in the region, maybe you should figure out where to redirect your animosity.

I think it is time people read the rule book. Rule 9-4-g,"Make any other contact with an opponent which is deemed unnecessary and which incites roughness." Also the last sentence on page 70 in the Fed Rule book. "Disqualification also if any foul is flagrant." The tackler did not have to throw him over like he did. A straight tackle to the ground would have been good enough. I have been a TSSAA official since 1980. This is the worst foul I have seen during that time. I would have ejected him. Also we no longer have illegal procedure.

I was a TSSAA official for 20 years. What happened to the code of conduct that says "as an official you never criticize another official publicly at any level"? You would be out of our association for this post.