District 8AA

Ace1413

I don't think DC nor LA can go to Chattanooga and win

Both teams are good enough, but really need to play a couple road games there during the season to soak in the atmosphere. Tyner & Howard have great fans & they can really make some noise. Often they have taken a couple bus loads to livingston during sub-state & cheered louder than the standing room only home croud.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game between SC and DC. SC played with a lot of heart tonight and I'm proud of them. DC was short handed but so was SC. Good job by Atnip to tip it in at the end, one block out away from overtime but oh well.. great game!

It was a good game. Go SC! This could be a crazy year with the beatings they've taken early on but just wait til they get healthy and playing time together. I'm predicting they become a district competitor by the end of the year. Melton has had his work cut out for him no doubt, but he'll get this group together by tourney time.

Craighead did well for SC. Howell was out for DC and it showed a bit, but we overcame it. Atnip was just an outright beast in the post. I think he was the difference that made up for Howell.

While the Craighead that played last night is a decent player, Jared, the one thats out, is a lights out shooter. We would have been beaten handily if he had played last night and had even a passably good game.

52-50 dekalb wins. Fullilove with 16 to lead scorers Roller had 15 . DeKalb was up under a min by 7 with a min left. Hensley?? hits a 3 with around 40 seconds left, DeKalb Co turnover leads Phillips to foul melton on a 3 point shot to get the game to 2. Dekalb cannot hit free throws to seal it. Cannon had 2 opprotunities two win and could not. DeKalb is missing Howell bad. Word on the street is that he is out until after the Upperman game . If I am Coach Martin I am lucky to get out of this game with a W. I am awaiting scores and summaries on the other games.

Dekalb is in trouble without their best basketball player Howell! Some dekalb fans wants to promote their own family members but its obvious who the MVP of DC is. Take any other player away & wont hurt the team as bad.

Yes you can tell we are missing him, but we are getting it done. I think if you take away Sonni or Atnip you will notice it as well. Our out rebounding is what helped us overcome our starting point guard being out tonight.