Polk County @ Signal Mountain

MountainTroll

With the way both teams have played so far this season, Polk County has to be the favorite in this game. This will be another tough non-district game against a team with a winning record for the Eagles. I expect the game will go very much as it did last year.

It was good to see the Eagle defense play better against ND, but it will take an even better effort up front to stop Polk's running game. On defense, I expect they will put 7-8 in the box, and force Signal to beat them through the air. Our receivers have been catching the ball better lately, so if we can get some pass blocking and successfully throw the ball, that will soften up the line of scrimmage some.

Polk will always be fundimentally sound and play with determination. Signal would love to avenge last year's loss and we're at home, so hopefully the Eagles will play with the same determination. One thing we cannot afford to do this year is give the ball to Polk on a short field with failed 4th down attempts and fake punts. The Wildcats will capitalize on any mistakes we make.

This game may just come down to who wants it the most. I have faith in my Eagles,but we will have to to put together a complete game offensively and defensive, play aggressively, and avoid any mistakes to get the win.

Well, before the season began this game was one that I believed to be a sure loss for the Wildcats. Then the season began and the reality is that the Eagles of Walden's Ridge are a young, talented, but overall average football team. Polk has had a bit of a turnover problem in red zone this year and if they can hold on to the football I believe they can win. It should be a great ball game to watch.

By the way, are Signal's games broadcast on the radio or internet?

Sorry, but we do not have a radio or internet broadcast.

I agree this will be an exciting game. Like I said, it may come down to who wants it the most. Last man standing.

You really need to get to the school an hour before the game. The school was built on rugged terrain adjacent to Prentice Cooper, so the scenery and atmosphere are great this time of year. However, there is only one road in and out, so traffic bottlenecks at the school entrance. Parking is spread out a lot, and you will have to walk some. Parking is a $5 donation to the band. Of course you don't have to pay, but your support would be appreciated. For those who need assistance, you can drop off at the visitors gate, which is your first left ("VIP and Handicappped Parking").

Our new bathrooms and concession stand are finished, so no more portapotties. The burgers at the concession stand are very good. I hope you enjoy your trip up to the Eagles' Nest.

Does Signal Mountain throw or run mainly? Kinda curious how Polk will do if Signal is "pass happy".

It ain't no secret that we are running a lot more this year. We lost two really good receivers last year in Queen and Patton. Still got some guys that can catch the ball though, especially with Phillips at QB.

I assume Coach Davis is still pounding the ball on the ground and throwing occasionally when the opportunity is right.

It ain't no secret that we are running a lot more this year. We lost two really good receivers last year in Queen and Patton. Still got some guys that can catch the ball though, especially with Phillips at QB.

I assume Coach Davis is still pounding the ball on the ground and throwing occasionally when the opportunity is right.

You are correct, that has been his offense since his first day at PCHS and ,unless something radical happens, will be his offense the day he retires.

Ha...that will never change. He has had the talent to throw more...but he wants to pund the ball and out hit the other team

I can sum up his offensive philosophy in a sentence he told us his very first practice back in 2000. "There are three things that can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad."

• Upvote 1