Franklin

BubberM

There is nothing wrong with school pride.

To end this silly argument, I'll come over to the Franklin side of things. It was a great decision to fire a winning coach and hire a guy with minimal success. The great season you are having is perfect proof that the right decision was made. Its the lack of talent of the players that is the problem. The future for dear old Franklin looks wonderful because all those players without talent wont be playing next year. Great foundations are being laid and Franklin will soon be back to its winning ways of just a season ago that prompted the need to fire the coach that needed to be fired because he was winning too much and Franklin needed a better foundation and is willing to win less and play athletes of lesser talent to get that foundation laid. I will arrogantly defend the absolute correctness of those decisions and the amazing foundation laying that is going on at Franklin High School. Long live the Rebels. You guys are the greatest program to have ever existed. All those football state championships prove that you guys really have football figured out and you are a program that all other programs should look to and aspire to be.

Is this an epically funny post?

M8b - "yes - definitely"

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't mind most of these posts except for the ones that hint or insinuate some sinister problems or problems in the past. If someone isn't going to be specific and instead create a cloud of innuendo, then that riles me up.

The bottom line is the principal (I use that term loosely for this one) and the head coach did not get along. It happens, Nothing else! So, to make hints or suggestions that it was anything more than two people not able to work together and having different approaches is wrong. I assume that our esteemed principal prefers DW over her last coach and I assume DW likes her ok otherwise he would not have come there (unless he was running from BGA after the coaching change). I assume that Clayton likes his new principal and I have heard that the principal really likes him so EVERYBODY should be happy now.

Franklin has a storied past and it makes me wanna spit when I read comments demeaning past coaches and players and their accomplishments. They have weathered alot over these years, Centennial opening, tragedy on the team, the crazy world of Williamson County zoning and the inevitable ebb and flow of talent. They won ALOT of games and had an exciting playoff record.

I think everyone should wait to see if DW can build on this tradition (which he admits was there when he came on board) and keep Franklin at that playoff level. If given time and the opportunity to run his program as he sees fit, I think he can and will. Time will tell.

Sorry I upset you, did not mean to demean any past coaches or players ( not sure where that came from) you can choose to read anything into what I said I suppose but it was not my intent. There were some old issues ( in my opinion only) that are gone now and for the betterment of the kids and the program that simple,given the way words are twisted or changed here is why I would not go further and it really does not matter anyway. Again sorry to rile you up, been following FHS football since the 50's and am very aware of history. I know some of the other much smarter people on here will attack this post also for some reason so let me go ahead and apologize now. This is not what high school football discussions should spawn but guess this is the world we live in

Sorry I upset you, did not mean to demean any past coaches or players ( not sure where that came from) you can choose to read anything into what I said I suppose but it was not my intent. There were some old issues ( in my opinion only) that are gone now and for the betterment of the kids and the program that simple,given the way words are twisted or changed here is why I would not go further and it really does not matter anyway. Again sorry to rile you up, been following FHS football since the 50's and am very aware of history. I know some of the other much smarter people on here will attack this post also for some reason so let me go ahead and apologize now. This is not what high school football discussions should spawn but guess this is the world we live in

I for one can see no reason to attack anything about this post or Franklin. Franklin is the most glorious football program ever and have never made any decisions that have caused the team to fall from their consistent playoff appearances. On the historically rare down years, it is only fault of the players as there is no way possible the coaches, the school, or the administration could have ever done anything to effect their winning ways.Their 100+ years of existence has produced gold balls at a level unparalled and when I cut myself shaving this morning, I bled Rebel maroon.

I for one can see no reason to attack anything about this post or Franklin. Franklin is the most glorious football program ever and have never made any decisions that have caused the team to fall from their consistent playoff appearances. On the historically rare down years, it is only fault of the players as there is no way possible the coaches, the school, or the administration could have ever done anything to effect their winning ways.Their 100+ years of existence has produced gold balls at a level unparalled and when I cut myself shaving this morning, I bled Rebel maroon.

Glad to hear you are shaving now. HA.

There is nothing wrong with school pride.

To end this silly argument, I'll come over to the Franklin side of things. It was a great decision to fire a winning coach and hire a guy with minimal success. The great season you are having is perfect proof that the right decision was made. Its the lack of talent of the players that is the problem. The future for dear old Franklin looks wonderful because all those players without talent wont be playing next year. Great foundations are being laid and Franklin will soon be back to its winning ways of just a season ago that prompted the need to fire the coach that needed to be fired because he was winning too much and Franklin needed a better foundation and is willing to win less and play athletes of lesser talent to get that foundation laid. I will arrogantly defend the absolute correctness of those decisions and the amazing foundation laying that is going on at Franklin High School. Long live the Rebels. You guys are the greatest program to have ever existed. All those football state championships prove that you guys really have football figured out and you are a program that all other programs should look to and aspire to be.

First, I hope you no longer confuse school pride as arrogance.

Your little rant is not the Franklin side, that is your childish side. Well, to be more accurate, that is you.

Closer to the Franklin "side" is to move beyond the coaching change (which you can't do) and evaluate where our team is today. We are a team that is struggling. Overall our talent level is down from previous years. (Note: that does not mean we do not have talented players but rather a comparison to previous teams) We have a new head coach in his first season and time will reveal more about his coaching ability. At this point, it is silly to think the sky is falling (you may want to make a note of that). The Rebel pride is still strong while expectations of improvement is tempered with a little understanding of the circumstances.

To sum your posts, you cannot get past the coaching change so you vent with exageration and immaturity. You spend your time to put down a team you obviously know little about and critisize those that better understand the team and fully support it. Rather than accomplishing your effort to put others in a bad light, you show your dark and bitter world.

I hope you can find a team or something in your life that you can support in a positive way. High school football is a great way to be part of community and school pride. It is a shame to you use it to spew hate and disdane.

Edited by Hubbard

First, I hope you no longer confuse school pride as arrogance.

Your little rant is not the Franklin side, that is your childish side. Well, to be more accurate, that is you.

Closer to the Franklin "side" is to move beyond the coaching change (which you can't do) and evaluate where our team is today. We are a team that is struggling. Overall our talent level is down from previous years. (Note: that does not mean we do not have talented players but rather a comparison to previous teams) We have a new head coach in his first season and time will reveal more about his coaching ability. At this point, it is silly to think the sky is falling (you may want to make a note of that). The Rebel pride is still strong while expectations of improvement is tempered with a little understanding of the circumstances.

To sum your posts, you cannot get past the coaching change so you vent with exageration and immaturity. You spend your time to put down a team you obviously know little about and critisize those that better understand the team and fully support it. Rather than accomplishing your effort to put others in a bad light, you show your dark and bitter world.

I hope you can find a team or something in your life that you can support in a positive way. High school football is a great way to be part of community and school pride. It is a shame to you use it to spew hate and disdane.

Please produce your proof of my hate for Franklin, the greatest football program ever. You cannot, because its not there. You got beat by Ravenwood. The discussion ends there.

"There were some old issues ( in my opinion only) that are gone now and for the betterment of the kids and the program that simple"

1957, you just can't let it go. Unless you can grow some, and be specific on these "old issues" and how "the kids" are better and the "program" is better, than shut up. You are worse than an Enquirer Article. YOU are precisely why Franklin is becoming a joke in Williamson County. God help Donnie with sensationalist, rumor spreading "supporters" like you. In fact, he better be looking over his shoulder too.

"There were some old issues ( in my opinion only) that are gone now and for the betterment of the kids and the program that simple"

1957, you just can't let it go. Unless you can grow some, and be specific on these "old issues" and how "the kids" are better and the "program" is better, than shut up. You are worse than an Enquirer Article. YOU are precisely why Franklin is becoming a joke in Williamson County. God help Donnie with sensationalist, rumor spreading "supporters" like you. In fact, he better be looking over his shoulder too.

Ok I have riled you, made you want to spit, now you want me to grow some ....try going back and READ my posts, you are just sore that I won't say anything on these boards (which I said were my opinions only) and you are not the all knowing long time FHS supporter. Guess you want to meet out back and teach me a lesson now, I thought you were somewhat mature but you cleared that up. I will bow out and concede I know nothing about FHS and you are the all knowing super fan.

Ok I have riled you, made you want to spit, now you want me to grow some ....try going back and READ my posts, you are just sore that I won't say anything on these boards (which I said were my opinions only) and you are not the all knowing long time FHS supporter. Guess you want to meet out back and teach me a lesson now, I thought you were somewhat mature but you cleared that up. I will bow out and concede I know nothing about FHS and you are the all knowing super fan.

Finally being honest...how does it feel? Probably about like the end of the ravenwood game for you...confusing...hard to believe...embarrassing...

Lost to Lawrence County.. Ouch. Franklin ship could be sinking,..

HighLife...did you go to the game? Why the comment could be sinking? I think everyone should give these first year staffs a break. If you ever coached, you will know there are adjustments and intangibles regardless of the talent bull...heck, even Sabin struggled his first yr at Bama. Next year will be a measuring stick for ALL of these coachimg changes for all schools.