Bradley Central @ Walker Valley

alt1958

Naw cleveland's going 6-4. cool.png

Afraid I gotta agree with that. Walker Valley played hard tho. They are better than the Cleveland faithful want to give credit for. Oh wait Cleveland faithful never think anyone is any good, (even after they get drilled) icon_e_smile.gif

Another injury, with Crisp getting a concussion, does not help at all.

I don't agree at all. While we're all a little biased toward our own team, I think we have a pretty good handle on when we are beaten by a good team and when we are beaten by ourselves. (and when we beat teams that we should beat)

It's hard to give a great amount of credit to a team when you mercy-rule them. Can't call it an "off night" since McMinn handed it to them and Polk shut them out.

We have played some good teams this year, and we've played some bad teams. Pretty easy to see the difference.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna agree with the CHS fans on this one, WV isn't very good. They had 1 first down until sometime in the 4th qtr against Polk. I was shocked as they updated this game during the Polk game Friday night. But from what I hear, BC has alot injured. But I completely expect BC vs CHS to be close.

Edited by Charlie Murphy

I don't agree at all. While we're all a little biased toward our own team, I think we have a pretty good handle on when we are beaten by a good team and when we are beaten by ourselves. (and when we beat teams that we should beat)

It's hard to give a great amount of credit to a team when you mercy-rule them. Can't call it an "off night" since McMinn handed it to them and Polk shut them out.

We have played some good teams this year, and we've played some bad teams. Pretty easy to see the difference.

Knew you you guys would get fired up over that. LOL. Didn't say Walker Valley was great. Just better than most want to admit. But then that's just me.

But then I get biased from the Cleveland fans who do trash everyone that you guys p0lay. Not naming any names but there are many who do: LOUDLY. LOL

Edited by alt1958

Man this week will be fun. Come on alt admit that walkervalley is a bad team, they're better than last year certainly. Us raider fans will say when a team is good, we give teams their props. They couldn't even play with Cleveland or McMinn for a quarter. Just cause they hung with the bears doesn't mean you have to over rate them. :)

Knew you you guys would get fired up over that. LOL. Didn't say Walker Valley was great. Just better than most want to admit. But then that's just me.

But then I get biased from the Cleveland fans who do trash everyone that you guys p0lay. Not naming any names but there are many who do: LOUDLY. LOL

Not fired-up at all...just asking for some logic. I am not "trashing" WV (or any other team) but the game and the score speak for themselves. We called off the dogs after halftime or it could have been a more unfortunate and lopsided score.

Maybe they've improved. After all, they did mercy-rule Soddy and Red Bank and played Bradley close... That says something, doesn't it? Or does it...?? Hmm...

Like I said before, will gladly and eagerly give credit where it's due. Maryville is good. Catholic is pretty good. McMinn is good. Ooltewah is good. The rest of our opponents this season have not performed so impressively when we played them...that's all I have to go on. Look at scores and records. It's not just me, Alt...

Never can tell about how teams match up or even more importantly "rivalry games". 3 TD's called back and a flag against one side or another nearly every play. Would like for the refs to be seen and not heard but nothing anyone can do. Let the game be played by the players.

Which crew reffed that game?

Edited by hootowlhollow

Never can tell about how teams match up or even more importantly "rivalry games". 3 TD's called back and a flag against one side or another nearly every play. Would like for the refs to be seen and not heard but nothing anyone can do. Let the game be played by the players.

Which crew reffed that game?

if your boys are holding, it should be called. Bradley had plenty of chances to distance themselves from WV. 4 plays from the 1 yard line and you guys couldnt score. I was shocked that they stayed in shotgun for those four plays...get under center and run behind big Sanders.

We don't run many plays from under center. In the Ooltewah game, we ran a play from under center when backed up near our own goal line. Ended up with a fumbled snap and a killer turnover. But you're right. You've got to be able to get in from the one yard line - especially with four tries.

I was right in front of the holding call on Copeland's long TD run. I thought Cain had a legal block, but the officials were a bit "hold" happy that night.

Edited by Preacher210

Not fired-up at all...just asking for some logic. I am not "trashing" WV (or any other team) but the game and the score speak for themselves. We called off the dogs after halftime or it could have been a more unfortunate and lopsided score.

Maybe they've improved. After all, they did mercy-rule Soddy and Red Bank and played Bradley close... That says something, doesn't it? Or does it...?? Hmm...

Like I said before, will gladly and eagerly give credit where it's due. Maryville is good. Catholic is pretty good. McMinn is good. Ooltewah is good. The rest of our opponents this season have not performed so impressively when we played them...that's all I have to go on. Look at scores and records. It's not just me, Alt...

Walker Valley is playing far better than they did last year. The McMinn and Cleveland games got out of control quickly for them, true. But saying they are not very good based on those two scores is not giving them much credit for what they have done.

Maryville is just good. lol Yeah right. Maryville is simly head and shoulders above most. I would love to see them play Ensworth. Siegal may be a match this year, but that we will see. Heck that is one game I may make the trip to see, if it comes about.

I usually watch a lot more than a scoreboard. And that is where I have Walker Valley playing far better. If Wells had not left. they would have been a REAL handfull.

Edited by alt1958