DeKalb vs Upperman

JCTigerFan

Interesting proposition ^^^, however, if that were to happen and something crazy happens like Upperman is on their game...then bang, you have to put the starters back in who weren't expecting to play and possibly flat. Then you're in a dogfight. I tried this in basketball once...didn't work out so well. That dogfight almost ended with a HUGE loss.

I don't expect the coaches would even consider sitting our starters. There is a legitimate desire to enter the final week undefeated plus DC has a bye week prior to the LA game to heal. That said, serious injuries are always a concern and we see the dilemma every year in the NFL toward the end of the season. It is all about the playoffs. One quarter for starters would be my goal so that they don't get rusty with two weeks off but keep the healthy first and foremost. The LA game should be fun. Both teams will get a better picture of where they are at prior to playoffs. That game should be a war. Edited by smithvilleballer

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't expect the coaches would even consider sitting our starters. There is a legitimate desire to enter the final week undefeated plus DC has a bye week prior to the LA game to heal. That said, serious injuries are always a concern and we see the dilemma every year in the NFL toward the end of the season. It is all about the playoffs. One quarter for starters would be my goal so that they don't get rusty with two weeks off but keep the healthy first and foremost. The LA game should be fun. Both teams will get a better picture of where they are at prior to playoffs. That game should be a war.

the DEVILS will have there eye's on you guys! Edited by GREENEDEVILARMY

If its like the York game, younger players wont get a chance. Watched the game & DC left starters in when game wasnt close!

Younger players got a chance in every game except three so far this season. This will not be as competitive as York. The reason players were left in against York was they were actually doing pretty good, turnovers just made it look worse. Their defense couldn't stop anything, but yeah their offense wasn't bad.

If its like the York game, younger players wont get a chance. Watched the game & DC left starters in when game wasnt close!

Not sure what game you watched but younger players def. played.......that is how Macon scored their only TD. When you say "left starters in when game wasn't close" that was soon as the coin-toss....when was the 2nd/3rd suppose to be put in exactly?

"Upperman (3-5, 0-3 District 8-AA) hosts 4A No. 5 DeKalb Co. (8-0, 3-0 8-AA)

The Bees are starting to look toward the future. With slim playoff hopes still alive, the UHS team is using this week’s game as a chance to get some experience for some young players against a devastating DeKalb County squad.

Freshman Todd Stanton will get the start for UHS this week, while the Bees will also be using freshmen all around the field.

The key for the Bees will be trying to keep players healthy as they head into their open date next Friday, then try to secure a possible playoff berth against Cannon County in Week 10.

But, then again, stranger things have happened."

Read more: Herald Citizen - Playoff district races coming down to the wire

http://www.herald-ci...own-to-the-wire?

Seems like Upperman figured either way you look at it they're going to lose. Oh well I guess 2nd/3rd string will get alot of playing time.

Edited by TigerPride23

Not sure what game you watched but younger players def. played.......that is how Macon scored their only TD. When you say "left starters in when game wasn't close" that was soon as the coin-toss....when was the 2nd/3rd suppose to be put in exactly?

Pretty sure I made it clear, YORK game. Starters were left in till last snap. At least half the fourth should have been "reserve"time. I didn't see the Macon co game & dont remember mentioning it.

Pretty sure I made it clear, YORK game. Starters were left in till last snap. At least half the fourth should have been "reserve"time. I didn't see the Macon co game & dont remember mentioning it.

Like I said York's offense was moving the ball pretty well. Are we supposed to ask for a shootout? Also, DC ran the ball and took the whole fourth quarter down on offense.. We didn't keep scoring. Could've, but didn't.