DeKalb vs Upperman

JCTigerFan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is alright now, but didn't dress out tonight. He and Molander should be ready to go against Livingston. The bye week came at a perfect time. Saw Molander on the sideline after halftime walking around with ice on it and looked like he will be ok. As for how the game went I have to say the refs made alot of calls that were questionable to say the least. Molander broke out of 5-6 tackles in a row at the line of scrimmage and slipped out of them then as he bumps it outside and takes off down the field the whistles blow the play dead as he has 50 yards of daylight in front of him. Forward progress never stopped and he was constantly juking around. That was a td and later on he gets the ankle problem. That's whats the most aggravating part. Shouldn't even have had to keep the drive going. DC got physical after halftime it honestly looked like they just came out ticked and started hitting. They were forcing fumbles. Not from the other team being sloppy they were laying some hits. Good job though can't complain with 47-7 and the last few coming from second string. Also second string forced their first string to turn the ball over.

ok I have now watched DC and LA both play twice. Both close but slighly LA has the better qb, best over all lineman in Linder, Hayes slightly better than #1 for DC and Regan for LA slightly better than DC top line backer. I say LA over DC 35-28. One out of district game i seen on internet Giles 5-0 verse Hickman 5-0. LA and DC not near that level. I dont care how close DC-Giles game was last year. Not close this year. Upperman didnt look bad as i thought with 3 freshman starting on both sides of the ball. With some tallented freshman and 19 juniors, 4 that that were hurt.......they should contend for title next year in district in 3a side.

Nosey Devil fan peeking in to see what all the hubub is about.....curious onlookers want to know who this newbie is everyone's talking about. ( atleast you're new to some of us, i personally had never heard of DC before this year....seems yall are making some noise....good luck rest of the way, hope we see eachother somewhere down they yellow (gold) ball road.

Dekalb played sloppy in the first half tonight aided by questionable penalties and robbed of a touchdown.... lol However came out in the second half like we should have the start of the game. We have a week to prepare and get healthy for LA. Can't wait, it's going to be a great game!!

the first part of this post, minus the penalty part, could have very well been posted in the GHS thread tonight too..we came out looking like it was our first time in pads....turned it up first 3 series of second half, then coasted home....have a good weekend Dekalbers

ok I have now watched DC and LA both play twice. Both close but slighly LA has the better qb, best over all lineman in Linder, Hayes slightly better than #1 for DC and Regan for LA slightly better than DC top line backer. I say LA over DC 35-28. One out of district game i seen on internet Giles 5-0 verse Hickman 5-0. LA and DC not near that level. I dont care how close DC-Giles game was last year. Not close this year. Upperman didnt look bad as i thought with 3 freshman starting on both sides of the ball. With some tallented freshman and 19 juniors, 4 that that were hurt.......they should contend for title next year in district in 3a side.

I honestly think you are crazy, i have seen all the top teams in 4A besides covington and LA, DeKalb is one of the fastest if not the fastest ive watched their D shuts down everything. Yes, the other team might get a play or 2 in but thats about it. When i watched Greeneville they had a hard time, yes it was against west ( a really good team) but Dekalb looks so much faster than them and as for Giles, if you stop 15 and 21 you shut them down, they had a hard time against fairview because they played the pass and made them earn their yards. East Hamilton is big and physical, they line up in I-Backs and run it right at you (pretty freaking good at it too). Fulton has crazy athletes, if its anyone faster than them its these guys, but they are an inner-city school with no real discipline. They just go out, do what they want and win ball games.

My only question is...why couldn't DeKalb get to 56 and make my score correct? Congratulations on the win.

Lol, well we would've if the ref knew how to call the game. That td we were robbed of would've put it at 54. Forward progress has to stop and still usually the ref will give the player a few seconds to fight before blowing the play dead. Molander was literally running and juking and the play gets blown dead... Wheres Molander? Down the field with nothing but daylight. I think the ref just honestly thought there was nowhere he could go from there, but he slipped out. Also I have a question. On interceptions is it the same rule as on kick off? If you catch it with a foot in the endzone you can't run with it? We had an interception return for a td that wasn't given to us because he landed with his foot in the endzone.