Westmoreland vs Macon Co.

Mr. Postman1

When is the last time Macon made the top 2 teams in a district or region? Before that year if you finally think of it, tell me the next time they made top 2 team in a district or region. We may be going back to pre Westmoreland football days. Before we even had a team. Looks like Grundy Co. or possibly York Institue is a possible Westmoreland playoff matchup at this point. I feel Grundy would be a definite win for this years Westmoreland group and I'm confident we would be York. After that game the skys the limit. CPA and Lipscomb play friday, that game may shed some light on how good CPA is. Macon dont have to worry about the playoffs though, so I wouldnt even worry who wins or loses in um if I were you BigD.

Potsy, you are as slow as the mail in westmoreland, i picked your eagles to win in my post...i could care less about Macon. i then said they (eagles) would lose in the first round of the playoffs because you are westmoreland and that is what your team/staff is known for doing. Losing in the playoffs no matter how good of a team you have.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Potsy, you are as slow as the mail in westmoreland, i picked your eagles to win in my post...i could care less about Macon. i then said they (eagles) would lose in the first round of the playoffs because you are westmoreland and that is what your team/staff is known for doing. Losing in the playoffs no matter how good of a team you have.

I'd say many team's staffs are good at losing in the playoffs. They only had 3 championship teams for many years, they now have 6 every year in the public school division but there will be several coaching staffs this year lose in the playoffs. Point is to make the playoffs. Many teams every year miss out on the playoffs. However this year Westmoreland's staff will not be one of them. BigD, has the team you support never lost in the playoffs? If not I'd say they have never made it there then. By the way, its good to see the Portland Pansy's back in the playoffs. Been a looooooooooong time since they 've seen the other side of game 10 in a football season. Aint that right BigD Edited by Mr. Postman1

I'd say many team's staffs are good at losing in the playoffs. They only had 3 championship teams for many years, they now have 6 every year in the public school division but there will be several coaching staffs this year lose in the playoffs. Point is to make the playoffs. Many teams every year miss out on the playoffs. However this year Westmoreland's staff will not be one of them. BigD, has the team you support never lost in the playoffs? If not I'd say they have never made it there then. By the way, its good to see the Portland Pansy's back in the playoffs. Been a looooooooooong time since they 've seen the other side of game 10 in a football season. Aint that right BigD

I support Beech. BTW. It is good to see Portland back in the playoffs. It is good to see the eagles back in the playoffs as well although they have only played one team with over 5 wins and got spanked by G,ville. May be hard to beat a good team in the playoffs when you play such an easy schedule.

I support Beech. BTW. It is good to see Portland back in the playoffs. It is good to see the eagles back in the playoffs as well although they have only played one team with over 5 wins and got spanked by G,ville. May be hard to beat a good team in the playoffs when you play such an easy schedule.

I'd support Beech to if they tail whipped my team like they did yours littleD. G'ville would beat alot of 5and6A schools this season littleD. By the way, if you dont support Portland how did you know soo much about the team earlier in the season. You must be a closet Panther fan if nothing else. I dont blame you for that either, a closet panther fan was all they had till this year. If I were a big 5A school playing 1A teams to try to get to the playoffs that might make me a closet fan as well. Yeah Westmoreland did play a 1A Gordonsville but look at the enrollment numbers that came out the other day. If we would have not had those 7 kids from Portland that tried to get a way from the gang activity out there we could have been in 2A this next season. I heard through the grapevine that the Portland principal was turning away students this year trying to get them in 4A. Edited by Mr. Postman1

Guest Termite

I'd support Beech to if they tail whipped my team like they did yours littleD. G'ville would beat alot of 5and6A schools this season littleD. By the way, if you dont support Portland how did you know soo much about the team earlier in the season. You must be a closet Panther fan if nothing else. I dont blame you for that either, a closet panther fan was all they had till this year.

Stampus Lickus....I thought you might would have made it to WH last Fri.. Probably a good thing you didn't. Might have scared you a little with SC beating WH with a couple of big guns not playing. Is that why your asking for Grundy or York? A week or 2 ago, I believed you were looking forward to playing SC.

Anyway, MC won't present much of a challenge.

Gordy was probably the best team Westy played, and I'm guessing WH would be next???

Stampus Lickus....I thought you might would have made it to WH last Fri.. Probably a good thing you didn't. Might have scared you a little with SC beating WH with a couple of big guns not playing. Is that why your asking for Grundy or York? A week or 2 ago, I believed you were looking forward to playing SC.

Anyway, MC won't present much of a challenge.

Gordy was probably the best team Westy played, and I'm guessing WH would be next???

I knew youd start your crap Tmite. I would have went to the game but my wife had me doing more community service work. We had a bon fire at our house for the cheerleaders cause we had a bye week. She's the cheerleading coach and I thought it was best for me to help her. I would have love to have went to that game. I will give Smith County their props. They must have a real good team. Gordonsville does as well. I was a little shocked to hear they beat WH so easily especially with some players missing. However, we would play them much better if the game were this week instead of the 3rd start for our sophmore QB. We also had more mistakes that night we played um than we made all year. Not making excuses they beat us and ya'll whipped them good looks like. Gordonsville has a good shot to win the whole thing this year. They are big and good so it must mean ya'll are too since you beat G'ville. Still looking forward to playing ya'll in the playoffs. Still think we'd rather play Smith County as opposed to Alcoa or CAK first round but Grundy would have been nice.

Guest Termite

I knew youd start your crap Tmite. I would have went to the game but my wife had me doing more community service work. We had a bon fire at our house for the cheerleaders cause we had a bye week. She's the cheerleading coach and I thought it was best for me to help her. I would have love to have went to that game. I will give Smith County their props. They must have a real good team. Gordonsville does as well. I was a little shocked to hear they beat WH so easily especially with some players missing. However, we would play them much better if the game were this week instead of the 3rd start for our sophmore QB. We also had more mistakes that night we played um than we made all year. Not making excuses they beat us and ya'll whipped them good looks like. Gordonsville has a good shot to win the whole thing this year. They are big and good so it must mean ya'll are too since you beat G'ville. Still looking forward to playing ya'll in the playoffs. Still think we'd rather play Smith County as opposed to Alcoa or CAK first round but Grundy would have been nice.

When is the last time Macon made the top 2 teams in a district or region? Before that year if you finally think of it, tell me the next time they made top 2 team in a district or region. We may be going back to pre Westmoreland football days. Before we even had a team. Looks like Grundy Co. or possibly York Institue is a possible Westmoreland playoff matchup at this point. I feel Grundy would be a definite win for this years Westmoreland group and I'm confident we would be York. After that game the skys the limit. CPA and Lipscomb play friday, that game may shed some light on how good CPA is. Macon dont have to worry about the playoffs though, so I wouldnt even worry who wins or loses in um if I were you BigD.

I gotta ask..........Your really helping with coaching the cheerleaders too, ain't ya?

I'd support Beech to if they tail whipped my team like they did yours littleD. G'ville would beat alot of 5and6A schools this season littleD. By the way, if you dont support Portland how did you know soo much about the team earlier in the season. You must be a closet Panther fan if nothing else. I dont blame you for that either, a closet panther fan was all they had till this year. If I were a big 5A school playing 1A teams to try to get to the playoffs that might make me a closet fan as well. Yeah Westmoreland did play a 1A Gordonsville but look at the enrollment numbers that came out the other day. If we would have not had those 7 kids from Portland that tried to get a way from the gang activity out there we could have been in 2A this next season. I heard through the grapevine that the Portland principal was turning away students this year trying to get them in 4A.

LOL. I must have hit a nerve... "little d" ... That's cute. I will stop picking on you and say what you want to hear. Westmoreland will beat Macon Co by as much as they want... I know a lot about all the schools in sumner co and wish them all the best... Including gang ravaged Portland (that's funny) but they are doing something right to go from 0-10 to playoffs... Even you have to admit that although Beech will win 5 A. For real though... Good luck to the Eagles... They have also had a great year so far.

Yeah - "start that crap" - Your way of having to eat crow - I think you said WH would win by a couple of TD's. You can't stand it that SC beat WH, especially with Manning, Stephenson and Holliman out, didn't even dress. Our third team Tailback ran for 144 yds. I think WH got in SC's territory one time the whole night. I have never heard so many excuses from one person. Yes, WM is improved this year, will possibly be better next year but don't try to "convince" other schools how great you are. You would be a formidable opponent for SC and it would be a good game. You might get what you wish for in Playing SC in the playoffs. Until then, keep on coaching the cheerleaders.

Yeah - "start that crap" - Your way of having to eat crow - I think you said WH would win by a couple of TD's. You can't stand it that SC beat WH, especially with Manning, Stephenson and Holliman out, didn't even dress. Our third team Tailback ran for 144 yds. I think WH got in SC's territory one time the whole night. I have never heard so many excuses from one person. Yes, WM is improved this year, will possibly be better next year but don't try to "convince" other schools how great you are. You would be a formidable opponent for SC and it would be a good game. You might get what you wish for in Playing SC in the playoffs. Until then, keep on coaching the cheerleaders.

You must not learned to read over in Smith County. I said my WIFE coaches the cheerleaders and I would have loved to come to the game. I gave ya'll adda boys for the easy victory. At this point I dont know if Westmoreland would be a formidable opponent for SC or not, BUT I would take playing Smith County night chickens over the ALCOA TORNADOES any time. I dont think SC has made it to be considered on their level yet. However the victory over White House as well as Gordonsville this year proves to me you all will be a force to be wreckoned with in the playoffs whom ever you play. Is that good? How much more credit do you want? I know my opinion matters substantially to you SC folks and I'm quiet flattered matter of fact. Westmoreland has played well this season but still can play better. We are young in many positions but also have seniors who will be missed in a big way next season. I'm really hoping we can make the best out of this nice season we've been having, because they havnt came around as of late to often. However, I think they will be more prevalant in the next couple of years. We came very close to moving into 2A this year which I think could have helped us a little. The Macon Co. game can put a finishing touch on a good regular season for Motown. Who knows about what we can do in the playoffs?

Well, we broke that ugly 2 game losing streak to the Macon Co. Tiggers. It wasnt as easy as I had hoped. Maybe the bye week coupled with somewhat overlooking a fired up Tiger team made the game closer than it should have been. Even though the Tiger offense never scored, they shut our offense down a little. Might not have helped any with our fire power setting on the bench for a suspension throughout the first of the game. Looks like another coaching change is on the way for the Macon Co. team. If ya'll offer Pemberton more money you may can talk him back to Macon Co. Will the money run out for big tobacco industry in Macon Co, or will they keep determining whos the next tiger coach and who he plays on friday night. I guess money talks and bull crap walks. Right?