West Greene @ Chuckey Doak

budkilmer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to most of you posting on here, WG has no chance. Here are my thoughts. CD has the best offensive weapon in the game, BY FAR, in Malone. But, WG probably has the next 3-4 best offensive players. So, CD has more to worry about. CD's defense has given up a bunch of points all year. WG's defense hasn't been great, but has been improving the past 4 weeks (besides greeneville game of course). I personally think this will be a high scoring game with both defenses having a hard time stopping the running games. The team with the least amount of dumb penalties and turnovers SHOULD win.

Having said that, WG uncharacteristically had many dumb penalties last week in their domination of SG....can't have those this week, because CD can actually move the ball and score.

Saw the Gap play them both. I think C-D is bigger and stronger up front. Couple that with chasing Malone all night and I think C-D pulls away.

I am not disagreeing with you, but what do you think about CG scoring 50+ on CD and only 21 on WG? Do you not think WG can slow down Malone at all? If not, do you think CD can stop WG from scoring 40+?

C-D couldn't stop our pass. We rushed well because they were bailing out at the snap. I think if we would have been a run first offense it woulda been tough sledding. I don't know if WG can run at C-D all night and put up 40. I think that if C-D wins up front and Malone gets a crease, or if WG let's him get the corner, he's fast enough to make it pay off. I know the Gap took the corners away from him and forced him to run inside against some pretty decent linebackers and they punished him all night, and at the end he was still running as hard as he was early on.

In the end I think boths teams strengths are their ground games. I just think C-D will have an easier time stopping WG, and think that C-D will eventually wear down the Buffs defense.

These opinion are entirely based on what I.saw against the Gap, so things with C-D and WG could be different now this late in the season, but I still think C-D pulls away in the second half.

C-D -41

WG - 20

Gonna be a dog fight for sure. Big one this Friday. Surprised there hasn't been more talk on this thread. Doak has the better, more seasoned veterans playing in this game. I think Coach Case has the edge in coaching. I'm gonna say upset.

West Greene 27

Doak 21

West Greene has to win this game to get in the playoffs. It's do or die for them and their seniors. I'll pick them too. Very close though.

West Greene is completely healthy as I got to witness last week. They are by far not a 5-5 team, but had some misfortunate injuries earlier in the season. We all know watching CD's offense is like watching Re-runs of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Laughable and Generic,we've seen the episode, we know whats coming, we know the punch line, but it stills gets us every time. However, Coach Case has seen it too many times and he will put his kids in the best position to stop it. Respect to Malone, but I dont think CD has the ability to win this one.

NOT as close as the experts think

42-14 - West Greene