DII-A Basketball (Keep it Clean Version) 2012-13 R U Ready 4 This?

dgeeman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCnation,

Glad to hear from someone from DCA. Curious as to what you ran into up at Knox Webb. Are they beatable? (lol...everyone is beatable) Personally would hate to say any team is bad...not my style...but would rather say that USN has fallen on hard times. The past few years they have been blessed with some talent no doubt. Nilan Hodge, Ross Welch last year, along with Liam Nash were as good a trio of guards as you could have. Just like your DCA squad next year. The question might be how good will DCA be next year? We were less than 10 pts better than USN this year so like them...we are either rebuilding or reloading...that is yet to be seen. Nash is still a great player but for now they lack a good post player. They lost two huge guys that for some reason did not return.

Tell us something about Knox Webb that we don't know about. That team in the East doesnt get a lot of talking...but it looks like they must have a pretty good squad.

Gman

Merry Christmas Everyone!

How Good is FRA? I see that they have lost 3 games against pretty good teams but they were labeled a juggernaut. That gives hope to the rest of the region I would say. Knox Webb is a really good team that has a shot. If DCA's starting 5 stays out of foul trouble they have a real shot at beating just about anyone. After those 3 teams i'm not sure who else can contend in the middle/east region. Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

D-II A East/Middle Rivalry Week

Well this week has some key matchups on the boys side. With DCA playing at FRA tonight and on Friday Knox Webb plays at Ezell. Someone says that DCA is minus one of their best players tonight. Knox Webb's game vs Ezell on Friday could put them in control of our division since they beat DCA at their place in December. It looks like the side of Ezell, DCA, and Knox Webb may be the strongest division in our Region. Who is gonna be the runner up in FRA's division? Any clues yet?

Who are you for and who do you like?

May have to go take a peak at the FRA vs DCA game tonight.

Gman

Gman

Well FRA beat DCA last night 59-40. Amazingly the parking was a lot easier than I had expected. And I would venture to say that the Wildcats may have had as many fans as the Panthers last night. The match-up lost it's luster a little though when you noticed DCA's sparkplug Carson Outlaw on crutches and looking noticably good in Ezell Harding Crimson. Well for the first quarter it just looked like the pint-sized Wildcats might just give the Panthers a battle. However in the first half the whistle happy refs were calling everything and soon both bigs for DCA were quickly saddled with 3 fouls. Though the first half the calls were pretty even...the fouls on the FRA end were pretty much distributed among the mass of players that the coach plays and they looked to go at least 10 deep during the game. While Marberry seemed to struggle offensively he was still dominant in the paint swatting shots and using that long frame to grab a lot of rebounds, Flagger University bound and former Gym Rat Kessler Bell dominated the inside for the Panthers scoring a game high 19 pts to lead all scorers. Chance Bouldin and another Gym Rat also chipped in 14 knocking down a couple of 3's. Kenny Cooper added 10 pts and I thought Dalton Ponchillas (8) back to back 3's in the 3rd quarter prevented DCA from making any type of miracle run down the stretch. Tori Smith added 2 pts for the Panthers to complete the scoring.

Got a chance to the Clay Hertel DCA's new guy on the block and though his shot was a little off (due to tall trees in the paint) he seems to be a good solid all-around player. Joshua Joy had a good game handling the point for the Wildcats he and Hertel shared high point honors for the Wildcats with 11. Warden (6) and D Ewin (4) were saddled with early fouls which may have affected their game but were good to play as many minutes as they did considering. Jake Singer I thought played fearless in driving to the basket and was rewarded with 8 pts for the game. I enjoyed seeing John Charlton on the court, a former Seeker...who says little guys can't play this game. The game was only 10 pts at the end of the 3rd quarter a 15-6 fourth quarter made the game appear more lopsided than it actually was.

It is a nice change in watching other kids play...as a dad in the stands sometimes you get a little nervous and intense while rooting for your son and daughter, however, there is nothing better than watching your own play.

Keeping it cool always and thanks for all you guys who have made the effort to say thanks for what this message board is all about or that I hope it is all about...cause it should be all about the players.

Keeping it positive always...

Gman

Not sure ... but it seems like I am talking to myself on this board lately...but since the fans asked...will give you a quick run down of the Ezell Harding - Knox Webb game last Friday. The 2nd quarter Webb outscored Ezell 23-12. I believe 8 of those points came in the 45 seconds that Austin Gee was out of the game after picking up his 3rd foul. Unfortunately by the time the kid got back in the game...the damage was done.

I am pretty sure that Knox Webb had a huge rebounding advantage as our two big men only had 5 rebounds combined for the game, Austin had 6 by himself. One of our big men, like Austin was saddled with 3 fouls early too. Even with Burton Sampson hampered with 2 fouls early he managed to score 25 pts mostly in the interior. Justin Jenkins added 23 more around the basket as well. Bottom line they outscored us by 17 in the end.

With the win...Knox Webb seems to be in the drivers seat with victories over us and DCA. I want to believe that FRA, DCA, Knox Webb, and Ezell-Harding will make it to the Region Tournament, however, as we know last year...the HOTTEST Team at the end of the season wins...hope it is us.

Friday's game at DCA should be a good game and will go a long way to decide who might finish #2 on our side of the Division. On a side note for his career my son, Austin, will look to surpass the 500 assist mark in the game. With the 1,000 pt accomplishment earlier this season...500 assists...is good accomplishment as well. Or is it? Either way...we have been having a lot of fun watching him this senior season...what in the world am I gonna do next year? Anyone got any ideas? Sniff, sniff.

Keeping it clean, but not very dry!

Gman

Not sure ... but it seems like I am talking to myself on this board lately...but since the fans asked...will give you a quick run down of the Ezell Harding - Knox Webb game last Friday. The 2nd quarter Webb outscored Ezell 23-12. I believe 8 of those points came in the 45 seconds that Austin Gee was out of the game after picking up his 3rd foul. Unfortunately by the time the kid got back in the game...the damage was done.

I am pretty sure that Knox Webb had a huge rebounding advantage as our two big men only had 5 rebounds combined for the game, Austin had 6 by himself. One of our big men, like Austin was saddled with 3 fouls early too. Even with Burton Sampson hampered with 2 fouls early he managed to score 25 pts mostly in the interior. Justin Jenkins added 23 more around the basket as well. Bottom line they outscored us by 17 in the end.

With the win...Knox Webb seems to be in the drivers seat with victories over us and DCA. I want to believe that FRA, DCA, Knox Webb, and Ezell-Harding will make it to the Region Tournament, however, as we know last year...the HOTTEST Team at the end of the season wins...hope it is us.

Friday's game at DCA should be a good game and will go a long way to decide who might finish #2 on our side of the Division. On a side note for his career my son, Austin, will look to surpass the 500 assist mark in the game. With the 1,000 pt accomplishment earlier this season...500 assists...is good accomplishment as well. Or is it? Either way...we have been having a lot of fun watching him this senior season...what in the world am I gonna do next year? Anyone got any ideas? Sniff, sniff.

Keeping it clean, but not very dry!

Gman

How will this game decide #2 when Knox Webb holds victories over EH and DCA and from what everyone is saying FRA is the team to beat?

Congrats to your son on his accomplishments.

Thanks WarEagle and Boogie...we enjoy watching Austin as well :popcorneater: . WarEagle the East/Mid has gone I think to the same format that the West used last year. The Region is divided into two sections. In one is Knox Webb, DCA, Ezell, MJCA, SAS, Kings Academy and I guess the other is FRA, Davidson, USN, Webb-Bellbuckle, Riverside, and Zion Christian. So I am referring to just our section (and this is probably not what it is called).

I believe the top 3 teams in our division have wins over the others and both of us DCA and Ezell have losses to Knox Webb...so this is how I came up with battle for #2. Personally I would love to see the teams mentioned in the top 4...but you never know for sure.

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

• 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone realizes that they are playing for 2nd in this Region. FRA will cruise into the state tournament. Im not sure anyone else from this region will be able to play with ECS, Lausanne, or any of the other top teams from Memphis. Ezell is a joke, with their "new regime" over there I would imagine a coaching change in the near future would be a big possibility.