Dekalb and Livingston - Stats? What is the rest of the story?

smithvilleballer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not questioning their determination, or dedication. I know they will work and work all through fall break, but nothing matches the intensity of a real football game. Two weeks away from school and a real game just can go the wrong way. I don't want to see a repeat of last year. We are much better than we were last year, on both sides of the ball. BUT as stated bye weeks haven't been good for us in the past few years. I'm not making excuses, LA was very good and deserved their win last year, but I have to say I feel we were definitely much better than a 42-7 loss. We looked horrible. Hopefully they will practice hard, stay healthy, and use this time wisely to take in what the coaches have to tell them and get ready.

I have no dog in the DC/LA fight. That said, my beloved Dragons fell to both of your ball clubs and I wish you both well.

Keys to winning: DEFENSE. Period.

Dekalb...wanna win? Stay in your lanes and dont give up the edges. Rush McCoin. Dont get juked by Creed Hayes, he's excellent at making you miss.

Hogeye...wanna win? Your secondary will have to have the best night of its life. Dont let Molander even see the ball, let alone touch it. He's a weapon on defense as well, he remains the ONLY player I've seen all year that has run down our Moore and Huddleston from behind.

Should be a great game. We've got Smith County that night and we owe them one from last year.

I have no dog in the DC/LA fight. That said, my beloved Dragons fell to both of your ball clubs and I wish you both well.

Dekalb...wanna win? Stay in your lanes and dont give up the edges. Rush McCoin. Dont get juked by Creed Hayes, he's excellent at making you miss.

Hogeye...wanna win? Your secondary will have to have the best night of its life. Dont let Molander even see the ball, let alone touch it. He's a weapon on defense as well, he remains the ONLY player I've seen all year that has run down our Moore and Huddleston from behind.

Should be a great game. We've got Smith County that night and we owe them one from last year.

I was actually hoping to get to see him in a foot race with them. The play when one of them (I can't recall which one) broke a huge run and was going down the sideline was almost unbelievable. Molander was on the right sideline and they were going down the left he cut across and caught them. I knew he was fast, but that burst of speed seemed to really make me wake up and say wow he really is fast.

We will be waiting.

We need some game predictions and game analysis from some York and Smith Co fans since both teams have faced both teams. I would be real interested to see what Coach Brown at York and Coach Maynard at Smith Co thought. Just for fun. Is there a poll we can start on this thread. I believe what someone posted earlier whoever plays the best defense wins. Takeaways and what u do with those takeaways.

Here is some stuff for the chain to chew on. These are aggregate stats from games played against mutual opponents (Smith County, Upperman, White County, Cannon, and York).

Points For: DC 226 LA 209

Points Against: DC 46 LA 80

NET POINT Differential: DC 180 LA 129

Rushing Yards: DC 1,021 LA 1,156

Rushing Yards Against: DC 395 LA 770

Passing Yards: DC 1,247 LA 809

Passing Yards Against: DC 361 LA 426

NET YARD ADV: DC 1,512 LA 769

Looks like LA has a slight advantage in running game on offense with DC having an advantage in the passing game. DC statistically has the better defense against both the run and the pass but how many points and yards have come against second teams from each school. That is not factored in here. Can DC stop Creed Hayes and McCoin on the ground? Based upon attempts it does not look like LA throws much but the average completion is for huge yardage? Are these home run balls or yards after catch situations? Can LA get to Phillips who is completing 67% of his passes on the year?

DC passes to set up the run. LA runs to set up the pass. Weigh in high school sports fans. What style has the advangtage and does either team have the manpower to dominate the line of scrimmage?

Whats your point? They play at the end of the season. None of this matters. I know your excited that your team is fairing well this season and congrats. But stats don't matter. Only that one game matters. Good luck.

This should make for an interesting chess match... the spread offence is hard to defend .. mainly because u have to be patient and stay in your lanes and rely more on your d line to produce pressure on the qb... a solid running game is just as hard to defend when you have a beast like mays to tackle and offensive line that is very good in front of him to open holes and wide receivers that are quality blockers on the outside . good luck to both teams not only in this game but in the playoffs also I am sure you will both represent 8AA very well this year

Random thoughts, game analysis and prediction per request:

Both offenses have the necessary fire power to hang a winning amount of points, and could probably trade TDs back and forth all night. This one is absolutely hanging on the defense and special teams.

From what I saw, I dont think LA can keep up with Dekalb's ability to stretch the field vertically. Its hard to cover from the line of scrimmage to the goal line and to shut down Dekalb thats pretty much what you have to ask of your defense.

Dekalb's defense appeared disciplined against our veer (I REALLY hate the veer, fyi) and their tackling was pretty darn good. Missed tackles on Creed Hayes killed York, I dont see that happening to Dekalb. Dont give him the edge or he's GONNA hang six on ya.

I'm not going to make a who-scores-what prediction, but I'll say Dekalb's team speed, ridiculous offensive firepower and disciplined defense gets it done. If it goes the other way, I'd be straight up shocked.

I know some have given credit to it, but not enough...if the gameplan for DeKalb is to make McCoin throw it, that's not a great gameplan. I am positive there are many passing plays in the Livingston playbook and McCoin is a pretty fine quarterback throwing the football and has some great athletes to make plays for him if need be. I think both teams can almost throw defense out the window. One defense will make a big play to help their team. Overall though, I think we're looking at one of those Big 12 Shoot-Out games.