DeKalb County at Livingston Academy

King21

Lol Glover. You know how good that LA team can be and the potential they have. You would think after the past two years now, DeKalb would admit how great, not good, McCoin is.

Speaking of McCoin, after watching the game last night and reflecting back on some of the statements and comments that were made about McCoin and his dad. I would like to throw this out. I played and bled with Danny McCoin when we went undefeated in the district and my son now has done the same with Brock. I think when DC players and coaches reflect back on this season they will think their biggest accomplishment of the 2012 season was the night they got to " shake Brock McCoin's hand"!!!!

Now that being said, i would like to say to the DC parents and coaches of the players that were on the field last night that played the game. My son told me, and he saw almost all of them up close and personal,that they were not only good athletes, they also showed alot of pride, dignity and class on the field. Yes there was trash talk i'm sure, but more respect of very worthy opponents from both sides. Looking forward to what i hope is the upcomming round 2 in a few weeks. if for know other reason than to show everybody on the "outside looking in" that yes there is a high level of football played in this district.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on Lucas Phillips from any DeKalb people

No word yet, but he's tough. He's a leader. With the playoffs coming up I don't see him missing unless he's just horribly hurt, which I didn't see that. If you recall the same thing happened against LA last year. He came out of the game and played against Giles the following week and did pretty well too. LA just has our number lol. MAYBE in the playoffs we will get ya back.

Disagree but everyone is entitled to their opinion.....funny how the same ref who was making crap calls was eventually disregarded and his flags were waved off more than once in the end. Must have been a Tiger fan. Good game by our Wildcats despite all of the trash talk and negative feedback we received before ever stepping on to the field. We overcame and played a great game. Good luck to both teams on their journey to state.

I was standing on the fence at the 10 yard line.. The side both plays were on. It was right in front of me. Neither call was close to questionable. The first one Sonni turned for the ball and the db wrapped around for the ball when it was still in the air. The second one you would have to have been blind, or (no offense when I say this...EVERYONE does it) when you see the flag fly you boo just because you know it was on your team and people around you are. Now back to the second call. Phillips scrambled avoiding pressure and threw it high enough he knew Sonni would probably win the jump ball battle. From the looks of it he was going to do just that, so the LA defender blatantly ran up and pushed him in the back and sent him forward before the ball got there.

The second one there was no question. I can see how some could argue the first, but from my understanding of the rule. You can't make contact before the ball gets there. If that's correct, then from what I saw I would just have to agree to disagree with them. I saw the ball still a foot or so away (it was close) but the defender draped over his back and reached for the ball before it hit him in the hands or anywhere.

Well, my view might have been better, and both have a right to the jump ball, the defensive back had his head turned, and both jumped straight up, (have a picture to prove it) and minimal contact was made. The 19 year old back judge threw the flag, thought it was a little rough I guess, you know, cause it's two hand touch, and gave DC yardage on a drive that would have ended the game on the TOD because LA would have put up another. Who cares. It doesn't matter. Livingston shut a lot of people up. Congratulations. Do your job and we'll meet at Hog-Eye in two weeks.

King21. You seem to know an unbelievable amount about every sport at Livingston. You've said you played football there. I'm sure you have lots of pride in your alma mater, but how is it that you know so much about so many players from not only Livingston but other schools too. And you also said you know people in Smith County. I think you even named the classy ones there. I think most of the classy ones you named happen to be from Livingston. You know so many people. Practically all the district coaches in football and basketball. I'm just wondering how it is that you became such good friends with so many people in so many different towns. I'm not doubting your knowledge, but how did you get so connected?

And you call people on here names. I don't think anyone doubts that Livingston is really good. McCoin, Hayes, and company deserve the credit they get and are very good. However, I'm not sure that anyone deserves as much praise as you give your quarterback. You're making Livingston and McCoin out to be world beaters. They'll have to win the state or they'll never live up to your talk. I'm not saying anything negative about you or Livingston or any other person or school, but what makes you such an authority figure on everything? What gives you the right, whether or not someone is right on or way off, to call people on coacht fools?

Nothing. My opinion. I did miss your first post. Thanks though, I try to be as friendly as possible and man, there are some phenomenal people in this area. From basketball to golf, most of these coaches are G-R-E-A-T.

If you pray, pray for Lattimore. Man, what a nasty hit.

Edited by King21