Bearden at Dobyns-Bennett - Round 1 of 6A Playoffs

DBGRAD70

Art look for #21 to play in round 3. Trust me #8 is good to go!!!!! The Tribe is ready roll!!!!!

That is GREAT NEWS!!! You know the Coaches and Players are just chomping at the bit to have another big game.

And you guys that think any of the posters on Coach T has any kind of impact on a game, your sadly mistaken. I have thoughts and my opinion on what I would do or what I think DB will do and I post them. If you got ideas and thoughts, post 'em...some do and some just set there waiting for someone to post a thought or idea and they pounce....a bunch of boneheads and morons. Go spend $8 and get a good seat...and cheer for the Indians to beat the Bulldogs!!

And if I was a bettin' man...I'd bet the Indians play it close to the vest

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does past season tell us about this game. History shows that DB has entered the playoffs on a roll but they seem to find a way to lose these games. Would it be an upset if Bearden wins ?

Will be interesting to see how this game turns out.......

How could it be considered an upset? If you take out Hardin Valley, you have 7 teams in the upper bracket with a combined loss record of 7 games. There are no upset games from here on out, just upset stomachs.

That is GREAT NEWS!!! You know the Coaches and Players are just chomping at the bit to have another big game.

And you guys that think any of the posters on Coach T has any kind of impact on a game, your sadly mistaken. I have thoughts and my opinion on what I would do or what I think DB will do and I post them. If you got ideas and thoughts, post 'em...some do and some just set there waiting for someone to post a thought or idea and they pounce....a bunch of boneheads and morons. Go spend $8 and get a good seat...and cheer for the Indians to beat the Bulldogs!!

And if I was a bettin' man...I'd bet the Indians play it close to the vest

Roll Tribe Roll

Smart move editing that post. Would hate to see you get kicked off CoachT for being a "Bonehead & Moron. icon_rolleyes.gif

You can always tell when it is playoff time the tribe faithful start getting a little testy. Is there any chance this team could be a 1 and done?

Bearden won't come out and play on coacht....so our dis functional family has to try and get along.

You will see who the real fans are in the stands Friday night. It will be cold so the garden club and the mayor will be staying home.

And Sasquatch, we have seen it all in the playoffs, nothing would surprise me.

Roll Tribe Roll

You can always tell when it is playoff time the tribe faithful start getting a little testy. Is there any chance this team could be a 1 and done?

lol, I feel like Spurrier, or a player getting pestered by some buthole reporter when answering this, but here we go, I was wondering how long it would take before a hater got on this thread ...but if you want an answer... its possible for anyone to go out in the 1st round in this bracket except Maryville. Next dumb question

Leave it to Tossed Salad to be negative. The Tribe are ready as usual for a Friday night showdown. This game will be won by the team with the most heart and determination. And that's it. Were going to leave it all on the field. I'm ready to kick it off. ROLL TRIBE

lol, I feel like Spurrier, or a player getting pestered by some buthole reporter when answering this, but here we go, I was wondering how long it would take before a hater got on this thread ...but if you want an answer... its possible for anyone to go out in the 1st round in this bracket except Maryville. Next dumb question

DB 91 and spear prove my point, You guys are on edge and totally took my post the wrong way. I'm not trying to hate on DB I'm pulling for you. I honestly DON'T think there is any way this DB team loses in the first round. That SH game and the way you came back was the best thing that could have happend to this team. If things don't go perfectly the players will have that belief that they can get it done.

You guys need to relax and enjoy ride it will be a good one.

Edited by tosssweep

Im not sure that as a Bearden faithful that we have to 'come out and play'. Ive given you my opinion of the Bearden team. Im not sure what else there is to say. DB's opponents have an overall win/loss record of 54-46. Bearden's opponents have an overall win/loss record of 4-56. DB has 5 teams that they have played that are in the 6A/5A playoffs and Bearden has a total of 4 teams that they have played that are in the 6A/5A playoffs.

Im not sure how this game is going to play out. If Bearden plays the way they are capable of playing then they can win this game. If DB plays the way they are capable of playing the way they can win this game. This game is a toss up in my eyes. Tradionally speaking, DB hasnt fared well in the playoffs as they have during the regular season. Maybe this year will be different.

Final AP High School Football Poll (Oct. 29)

Class 6A

Record Pts Prv

1. Maryville (14) 10-0 176 1

2. Siegel 10-0 149 2

3. Whitehaven (2) 10-0 140 3

4. Dobyns Bennett (2) 10-0 124 4

5. Mt. Juliet 9-1 97 6

6. Oak Ridge 9-1 90 7

7. Science Hill 9-1 63 5

8. Brentwood 9-1 56 8

9. Bearden 8-2 44 T9

10. Sevier County 9-1 23 T9

6 out of the top 10 teams in the final AP poll for 6A are in Quadrant 1. This goes to show you that this is by far the toughest Quadrant in all classes for the state playoffs. Any team can beat anyone. That is what is so exciting about the playoffs this year.

Im not making any predictions, because I don't play the game and Im not in the locker room. Im just hoping that both teams play well and injury free. I will cheering for Bearden because that is where I graduated from and have lived my entire life. If they lose, as long as they gave their all and gave 100% for 4 quaters, that is all that you can ask for them to do.

I been kicked off before. See you at the game WaCo. I am curious what you think about the game Friday with Bearden? Wide open or conservative play calling by DB?

Roll Tribe Roll

Thats a question you would have to ask the coach. They won't let me draw up the plays. I can tell you what I think should happen. DB should go wide open and use what is working or they will lose. Bearden should be the best defensive team we have faced this year. I don't see us winning using conservative play calling. You do that against teams that can't beat you.

Hey..... Something you could do to deside which DB fans are worthy of your praise is have a sign in sheet for everybody comming into the "season ticket holders reserved section". You can't possibly keep up with who all is at the games and be able to watch the action on the field. Maybe thats where your missing some things. Just trying to help.icon_e_smile.gif