CAK hosts Loudon, Part II

FootballDad

Time for Loudon to pack it up. CAK rolls

CAK - 49

Loudon - 7

Thanks choochoo for the vote of confidence but I believe we will rest most of our offensive guys when we are on D unless we get deep into the game and it's still close. Thats what we did last time we played Loudon and practically did the same the entire season, outside of a few series against Darlington and LaVergne and of course the entire game with your Tornadoes. Due to that I believe Loudon scores 21-28 pts.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That D is getting better and better

Choo Choo, I think the CAK and Alcoa fans are just going to have to talk about each others games because there isn't much going on with either thread. Neither of us can be complacent or we could get a scare. In reality there isn't too much to say other than .... whats cooking? Hope you guys sell a bunch of those yummy band burgers and we will sweeten things up with several gallons of nanner puddin. hungry.gif

Choo Choo, I think the CAK and Alcoa fans are just going to have to talk about each others games because there isn't much going on with either thread. Neither of us can be complacent or we could get a scare. In reality there isn't too much to say other than .... whats cooking? Hope you guys sell a bunch of those yummy band burgers and we will sweeten things up with several gallons of nanner puddin. hungry.gif

Very true not much going on at all bring the puddin and i will buy the burgers.

Very true not much going on at all bring the puddin and i will buy the burgers.

I was reading the MC thread and got a chuckle out of the Polk & McMinn Central fans hurling insults at each other about what round of the playoffs they get eliminated in. I didn't realize they liked each other so much. icon_mrgreen.gif Actually I've meet several supporters of each school and they are all good guys who love their teams. Football can make us all a little testy I suppose, especially at playoff time. But honestly, its tuff being put in the same Quad with Alcoa every single year. We know all too well how those guys feel. It can be demoralizing. Many of these teams could make some noise in other Quads but geography prevents it from happening. Fortunately we have been able to make things interesting with you guys lately. If we can make it to round 3 I'll see if I can get some fresh nanner puddin together and I'll meet you at the band burger stand thumb[1].gif

I can't really explain it, but every time CAK has traveled to Loudon we have had a less than stellar performance, even in victory. But when that game is at CAK we have controlled the game from start to finish. That hasn't been true with our other road games. We usually play well, even in defeat, when we are on the road. Regardless, I am glad this first round game is at home and not @ Loudon.

Football Dad, just wandering about the health of the good reciever you have who is going to UT. Is he available for the playoffs? I believe there is another player on the team going to the vols as well? I don't get much vols day to day news here, but what have you heard as far as a change at UT? Will a possible coaching change have any effects on the player(s) going to the vols?

Football Dad, just wandering about the health of the good reciever you have who is going to UT. Is he available for the playoffs? I believe there is another player on the team going to the vols as well? I don't get much vols day to day news here, but what have you heard as far as a change at UT? Will a possible coaching change have any effects on the player(s) going to the vols?

Thanks for asking masked man. The receiver you are asking about is #25 Josh Smith. Yes, he is healthy now after breaking a collar bone in our second game against Darlington (GA). He played last week both ways but is still a bit out of shape. He is a difference maker because of his speed, you have to double him or its TD City, and even with double coverage he is still a threat. Alcoa limited him some, but he did well to just be coming back from a major injury. He saved a dozen touchdowns at FS. We have another receiver (#16 Davis Howell) who is ever bit as good but he just doesn't have the speed. The other CAK kid going to UT is #63 Brent Kendrick and he plays OL & DL (6'5" 290). Both dads have told me nothing has been leaked to them about any coaching changes and things with their kids status with UT seem to be secure. However; we all know a coaching change can certainly disrupt things quickly and its possible these kids, and any other recruit for that matter, could be affected if a coaching change does take place at UT.

I watched the CAK/Alcoa game and was very impressed with #25 & #16. However, I wasn't impressed with #63's efforts on the field. He done a lot of walking getting on the field and off the field and between plays. Seemed kind of lazy (although skilled) just wasn't impressed with the way he carries himself. Did it have something to do with him not used to playing both ways? That takes a lot out of a kid, especially if they are not used to it

I watched the CAK/Alcoa game and was very impressed with #25 & #16. However, I wasn't impressed with #63's efforts on the field. He done a lot of walking getting on the field and off the field and between plays. Seemed kind of lazy (although skilled) just wasn't impressed with the way he carries himself. Did it have something to do with him not used to playing both ways? That takes a lot out of a kid, especially if they are not used to it

#63 did not like having to face #55