A/AA State Tourney

Sportsfan85

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Franklin Road Academy Lady Panthers, in the most exciting game EVER, defeated CCS in two sets of penalty kicks. As a fan, I must say it was a rollercoaster of a game!! The CCS fans, players, and coaches conducted themselves with the utmost class. In the end, the Lady Panthers overcame ALL odds...even those placed on them by the referees (HORRIBLE!) and chixian, an "intelligent" soccer fan on this message board who predicted a ridgeway win in "no contest" by "at least 2 goals" wow, was he wrong!!! Congrats, champs!! We love you!!

Not so fast sportsfan85...first, remember these were predictions for fun, not guarantees and I see you waited till after the games were played to make yours...no guts...second, you say I'm a "he"...your wrong on that count too...third, you put intelligent in quotes...who said I am? (obviously I'm not from the predictions made!!)...way to go FRA and especially their coach! They obviously played with great passion to pull off several upsets and that's what makes soccer so exciting!

Hey Chixian, maybe I was caught up in the moment. It took alot for you to admit you were wrong on your picks, but I guess it would have been hard to say you were right. That's why we don't make predictions, and let the play shake out on the field. I understand they were for fun, and that's all good. But still, you say that FRA pulled off some "upsets" Well, maybe they don't look at those wins as upsets. That's precisely why this team is so special. They believe they can beat anyone, and I wouldn't put it past them. This is one awesome team!

Posted by chxian:

Well put and I couldn't agree more with you sportsfan85!...do you know what kind of team FRA has coming back next year and if they are in a good position to repeat? Nothing against Ridgeway but it's good to have a different team win it all.

I am the Coach of Ridgeway High and i agree FRA played a great game. They have so much heart and intensity. Congratulations to all the members of that team and to their coaching staff. It has been an enjoyable run in A-AA. We move up to AAA after this year. From our team to the ones we competed against thank you. You have showed A-AA is a division to be proud of. See Ya

Posted by 4time:
Posted by chxian:

Well put and I couldn't agree more with you sportsfan85!...do you know what kind of team FRA has coming back next year and if they are in a good position to repeat? Nothing against Ridgeway but it's good to have a different team win it all.

I am the Coach of Ridgeway High and i agree FRA played a great game. They have so much heart and intensity. Congratulations to all the members of that team and to their coaching staff. It has been an enjoyable run in A-AA. We move up to AAA after this year. From our team to the ones we competed against thank you. You have showed A-AA is a division to be proud of. See Ya

You, sir, are a class act. I must say I was a little shocked that some of your girls chose not to shake hands at the end of the game, but I definitely noticed which ones did. Looking back on the situation, it was a very emotional game, and being dissapointed is understandable, especially for seniors. But for you to come out and say that about our FRA team was very classy. You have a great team, and good luck in AAA next year.