Board of Control NOT much Balance

coachfoozeball

Well let's see. We have an organization that let's the Board of Control do the voting for the largest money making tournament (that being the T$$AA Football State playoffs) and we have a HUGE problem. First off, they send surveys and then report that the coaches/schools, maybe overall in close margins but overwhelming in many areas, wish for the old 5 class system for football. Well this board then votes 5-4 to keep 6. Well let's take a look at how we call ourselves a 3 class state for athletics (D-I) and two for (D-II) but then we divide into 6 for the D-I. So, if we were going to make real decisions then I would assume that ALL classes would be represented in the vote. Well: According to who is listed today as the Board of Control members there are 0 -6A, 3-5A, 1-4A, 3-3A, 0-2A, 1-1A, 0 -DII . One area (area 7) was listed as vacant.

So we made a vote for the ENTIRE state but only had representation allowed to vote from 4 of the 8 divisions (50%). And on top of that six of them come from 5A or 3A schools. This is very interesting INDEED.