Portland @ Centennial

PPride

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have seen film on portland and their qb is horriable he cant throw the ball very well,he can run some but we will stop that.we will win 35-7

Horriable???? Yep, that's a Cena fan for you! :) You need to go to the wrestling forums. Oh, wait, Cena is a fake wrestler! You wouldn't know what you were talking about there, either.

Centennial has been outcoached a few times this year which makes me a bit nervous for this game, it appears that their coaches do not believe in making adjustments throughout the game. Hillsboro ran the same three plays the entire second half minus the long touchdown pass and they didn't change the defense. On the other side of the ball, Centennial ran the same deep comeback probably seven times and found success in the first half but Hillsboro caught on and the last three were incompleions with the final one being a pick that ended the game. They had the talent to beat everyone they've played excluding Brentwood and possibly WC. I know nothing about Portland except that, from looking at their scores, they've played some good teams pretty tough and their district is probably a little better than 11AAA this year. That being said, I think that if Centennial brings their A game for four quarters they should win. i

If Centennial opens up the offense like they did against Brentwood and put up at least 28 they should win.

Wow, cant believe my week as been so busy, I havent had time to be on here enough to post. I know absolutely nothing about Centennial, but from what Ive heard. So I guess my guess is as good as any, lol. The boys seem fired up for and their enthusiasm tonight at the bonfire was great to see. In my eyes, win, lose or draw its been a great season for these young men. 12 weeks ago, us parents were just praying for a win, now we are in our first playoff game in 7 years. I pray we make the most of it. High school sports are so cyclical, ya just never know when you will make it back. I feel if they play like they have for most of the season, we should have a great chance of winning. BUT, as I have said all year, due to our size, number, and amount of seniors we dont have, they have to play perfect football. Minimize the penalty's and turnovers, capitalize on the other teams mistakes, and make our own luck. I told my son how fortunate he is. A Freshmen, and in his first season they make it to the playoffs. Think about all those boys ahead of him, that never had that chance. Know that feeling and never forget it. Praying for a safe game for both teams, and safe travels for everyone going down to the game........and yes I will have another 2000 photos on facebook, just hope they are better than what I took last week, lol.

Wow, cant believe my week as been so busy, I havent had time to be on here enough to post. I know absolutely nothing about Centennial, but from what Ive heard. So I guess my guess is as good as any, lol. The boys seem fired up for and their enthusiasm tonight at the bonfire was great to see. In my eyes, win, lose or draw its been a great season for these young men. 12 weeks ago, us parents were just praying for a win, now we are in our first playoff game in 7 years. I pray we make the most of it. High school sports are so cyclical, ya just never know when you will make it back. I feel if they play like they have for most of the season, we should have a great chance of winning. BUT, as I have said all year, due to our size, number, and amount of seniors we dont have, they have to play perfect football. Minimize the penalty's and turnovers, capitalize on the other teams mistakes, and make our own luck. I told my son how fortunate he is. A Freshmen, and in his first season they make it to the playoffs. Think about all those boys ahead of him, that never had that chance. Know that feeling and never forget it. Praying for a safe game for both teams, and safe travels for everyone going down to the game........and yes I will have another 2000 photos on facebook, just hope they are better than what I took last week, lol.

Im not sure whom said CHS coaches cant coach- rector owns a Gold Ball and is the top 10 coaches in Tn -

Now CHS thar last 7 games they were 3-4

they have issues stopping the run and they can score, but the give up lots of pts however

in last 7 games they gave up (pts)

Centennial has been outcoached a few times this year which makes me a bit nervous for this game, it appears that their coaches do not believe in making adjustments throughout the game. Hillsboro ran the same three plays the entire second half minus the long touchdown pass and they didn't change the defense. On the other side of the ball, Centennial ran the same deep comeback probably seven times and found success in the first half but Hillsboro caught on and the last three were incompleions with the final one being a pick that ended the game. They had the talent to beat everyone they've played excluding Brentwood and possibly WC. I know nothing about Portland except that, from looking at their scores, they've played some good teams pretty tough and their district is probably a little better than 11AAA this year. That being said, I think that if Centennial brings their A game for four quarters they should win. i

If Centennial opens up the offense like they did against Brentwood and put up at least 28 they should win.

Elaborate on the lack of adjustments. What play was Hillsboro running? What defense was Centennial in or what should they have been in? I wonder if its a theme

GAME DAY!!! This is it ladies and gentlemen! Tonight, two large cats leave it all on the field. All Panther fans have a safe trip down. All Cougar fans, get ready for the ole single-wing. If you haven't seen it, it's impressive. The fun part is trying to figure out which guy in purple and white has the ball! Good luck to both teams, but, as always, more luck to my Panthers! :) I pray both teams have an injury free game.

Edited by PPride

I think it's important for the Panthers to not just be satisfied to make the playoffs, but to be hungry for the win. My guess is that Centennial will have a tough time figuring out the single wing early. Beech had a tough time early, but was able to keep Portland from scoring. If the Panthers can get some points up early, I beleive they hold on for the win. Go get 'em Panthers.

Edited by tandem

Elaborate on the lack of adjustments. What play was Hillsboro running? What defense was Centennial in or what should they have been in? I wonder if its a theme

Hillsboro would blitz in the second half and they would run the ball right into the obvious blitz. And when they are giving up long run after long run they still fail to put more than 7 in the box. And other minor things of the like