Region 1-AAA (District 1 and 2)

TommyMan37604

Totally forgot the win over DB so 1-8. As for SH loss its still a loss. If I am not mistaken I think SH had one maybe two starters out for that game. I know at least 44 was out for sure cause she missed the first part of the season.Big8 is playing all their games at one site. Uneven playing fields make for some tricky situations. I am sure the "time off" will help those IMAC coaches game plan. I will be sure to speak to each one a the Big8 tourney in a couple of weeks.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to make excuses for the Sci Hill game. They won. My point was simply that Morristown West put a scare into them. I also think the top half of the Big 8 (overall) is better with SH, TN, DB and possibly Boone compared to an IMAC which is a two-team league at this point. I will add Seymour's downward spiral since Christmas has been a surprise.

And why not reward the top two finishers in a district? Nobody says anything when the SEC tournament awards first round byes. High school districts have done it for years as well.

Finally, don't be so concerned with what coaches do with their time. I'm pretty sure they have already scouted potential opponents for the Region.

...I actually prefer the format. Not because it's protecting a team...but rather, it limits the 60-30, 50-20 games you have to sit through. It also shortens the amount of time it takes to complete the tournament.

Heading into the final of reg. season play. DB has a tuff end to their schedule and might just cost them a top 3 finish. So here are things in D1

1. SH 2 THS 3.DB for now 4. South for now 5. Boone 6. Volunteer 7. Central 8. Crockett

D2 I think is like this 1. CC 2. MW 3. Seymour 4. Jeff Co 5 Sevier. 6. Cher 7. Mo East 8. SD

I hope we have a few good games this post season. I am really looking forward to the region. CC is rolling along nice and quite. What would they have for anyone in D1?

Well after last night and the South choke job. D1 is set

1 SH vs. 8 Crockett

2 THS vs 7 Central

3 DB vs 6 Volunteer

4 South vs 5 Boone- seeding could change with coin flip but it doesnt matter

I will say the 4 moving into the region will be SH , THS, South if they can rebound from the Volunteer loss, and wait for it, Volunteer with the upset on DB.

Biggest disappointment to me this season has been Boone. I live in Gray and all I heard was how good they were gonna be after last season and with a new coach. Well, they looked good at times and aweful at times from the 10 or so games I seen them play. The other has been Volunteer.

Surprises was DB I really thought they would be 6th and not 3rd. So good job on their effort this season.

Edited by TommyMan37604

Update on IMAC (D2-AAA)...

The top three seeds and eighth for the district tournament are set.

1. Cocke County (can win first outright championship since 1980s with win over South-Doyle)

2. Morristown West

3. Seymour

8. South-Doyle

4-7 go something like this:

Jefferson County is 4 seed with...a win over Cherokee

Sevier County is 4 seed with... a Jefferson County loss to Cherokee

Cherokee is the 6 seed with... a win over Jefferson County

Morristown East is the 6 seed with... a win over Morristown West or a Cherokee loss

So, the matchups will look something like:

First Round...

5. Sevier County/Jefferson County vs. 8. South-Doyle

6. Cherokee/Morristown East vs. 7. Cherokee/Morristown East

Quarterfinals...

5/8 Winner vs. 4. Jefferson County/Sevier County

6/7 Winner vs. 3. Seymour

Semifinals...

5/8/4 Winner vs. 1. Cocke County

6/7/3 Winner vs. 2. Morristown West

Championship...

5/8/4/1 Winner vs. 6/7/3/2 Winner

The D2AAA tournament begins today (Monday, February 11).

6) Morristown East vs 7) Cherokee

5) Sevier County vs 8) South-Doyle

East/Cherokee winner plays Wednesday, February 13, against 3) Seymour

Sevier/SD winner plays Wednesday against 4) Jefferson County

Semis are on Friday, February 15. East/Cherokee/Seymour winner gets 2) Morristown West. The Sevier/SD/Jefferson winner gets 1) Cocke County.

Championship and consolation are on Monday.