5a Quad 2

Swipes

I think quad 2 is LC's to lose. They look like the best team of the 8, plus they are the most battle-tested. I actually think their toughest test in the quad could come against Anderson County in the 2nd round. I think a LC-West state semifinal/rematch would be fun to watch.

My 1st round winners:

Columbia over Sullivan South - Columbia is a good team, plus I wonder how much SS wants to play this game.

Tullahoma over White County - Honestly, WC shouldn't even be here.

Anderson County over Ooltewah - This is a toss-up, IMO, but I think AC gets it done. I really felt like AC could be a major thorn in the side of some teams come playoff time, depending on their draw. If SS had gone to quad 1, and Knox West was moved to quad 2, AC would have drawn LC, and I had that picked as my upset special. We could still see that matchup in the 2nd round, but I don't think AC will sneak up on anyone if they beat Ooltewah.

Lenoir City over Walker Valley - Walker Valley is overmatched. LC should cruise.

I agree, I think AC is one of the best 5-5 teams that there is. I looked at how close the loses were. That one makes me a little nervous if we both make it to the second round. Also, a rematch in the third round with Columbia could be a good one. I am sure they will have revenge on their minds after we were the 7th or 8th seed that beat them in the first round last year.

I agree, I think AC is one of the best 5-5 teams that there is. I looked at how close the loses were. That one makes me a little nervous if we both make it to the second round. Also, a rematch in the third round with Columbia could be a good one. I am sure they will have revenge on their minds after we were the 7th or 8th seed that beat them in the first round last year.

Great point, dcnk. Never can overlook the revenge factor.