West at Powell

WestHigh4Life

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok hopefully Trey Dodge and Zach Stuart are playing for West this week because they left the south doyle game Friday with injuries and Stuart has been dinged up since the Lenoir City Game...Both guys are good run stoppers on defense and also play TE for special packages on offense, so not having them is crucial besides the fact they are Senior leaders...

That being said I expect both to play since this could be their last game as a West Rebel..This game is going to come down to penalties, turnovers, and field position. If West protects the ball and cuts down on the penalities, then it will be up to Powell to stop them which they are more than capable of doing. However, a good defense doesn't need help from an offense to shoot themselves in the foot. I know both teams are going to try to control the clock by running it and both are effective at doing that. I expect this game to be close and I expect Ryan Francis to be the difference with his experience and his will to win.

I say West 20 Powell 17.

Go Rebels!

Well I'll be dog gone, all the naysayers say District 3AAA is weak and yet, and yet, and yet, here we are with Powell owning West and Oak Ridge playing the Rebels close at least for one half in each of those games. What be done gives? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I'll be dog gone some more: Ooltewah that Anderson County went up on 14-0 but lost to because of injury to their QB and some other key players is right now owning Lenoir City 21-7! Another example why D3AAA wasn't so weak as all the commentators said.

Edited by Moronicus

Actually what Francis was hearing was the Powell defense simulating the snap count all night. That;s why West had so many penalties on offense that prevented them from ever getting on track. The refs finally called it iate in the game, but it was way too late, then they kept on doing it. If anybody doesn't believe that was exactly what was going on, then go ask your own coach. I talked to Derek Rang himself about that at length after last years game. Remember,he was on West sidleline for that one, Go ahead, ask him.

Well what will the excuse be this year?