D2 AAA playoff picture

panfan

Am I crazy or are there 5 teams with 2-1 region marks in D2 AAA:

??BA, MBA, McCallie, CBHS, MUS??

Games in week ten for these schools:

CBHS vs. MUS

Ryan vs. BA

MBA vs. McCallie

I am by no means brilliant, but since one team has to win and one has to lose (and since we all know Ryan could not beat BA's middle school team), won't there be three 3-1 teams in this region in a three way tie no matter what next week?

What are the tie breaks? Best overall record? Ok,if McCallie, and CBHS were to win, that would be a three way tie with them and BA.

CAN SOMEONE BREAK THIS DOWN FOR US!!!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by panfan:

Am I crazy or are there 5 teams with 2-1 region marks in D2 AAA:

??BA, MBA, McCallie, CBHS, MUS??

Games in week ten for these schools:

CBHS vs. MUS

Ryan vs. BA

MBA vs. McCallie

I am by no means brilliant, but since one team has to win and one has to lose (and since we all know Ryan could not beat BA's middle school team), won't there be three 3-1 teams in this region in a three way tie no matter what next week?

What are the tie breaks? Best overall record? Ok,if McCallie, and CBHS were to win, that would be a three way tie with them and BA.

CAN SOMEONE BREAK THIS DOWN FOR US!!!!

Panfan, looks like to me that yes there will be 3 teams with 3-1 records and the tie-break will be head-to-head, then overall record. Probable winners next week would be McCallie, BA and MUS. So in overall record looks like McCallie and BA would be 8-2 and MUS 7-3. This eliminates MUS so drop back to head-to=head and McCallie beat BA so McCallie 1st, BA second and MUS 3rd.

Posted by TheEgoHasLanded:

What if CBHS beat MUS? Would that have any bearing on things?

If CBHS defeats MUS then there would be three teams all with 8-2 overall records. The next step would be teams whose opponents have won 50% or more of their games -- at first glance - (and a quick glance only) BA would win this tie-breaker. Then it would be BA first, don't know about the rest.

BA played an out of state opponent that is not affiliated with the TSSAA... Perhaps that might not count towards things and have no bearing. I know that the commercial appeal does not except stats if a team plays a MS team from here (or at least they haven't in the past), Sure they count the win but you never know (I am just speculating)...

BA played Harding and did not finish...Harding is like 6-2...when they decided to play Pope John Paul...that was not a varsity game was it (considering PJP doesn't have a varsity). So we can assume that BA might get two of their games thrown out...since one was not against a TSSAA team, and the other was not against a Varsity team.

Posted by TheEgoHasLanded:

BA played an out of state opponent that is not affiliated with the TSSAA... Perhaps that might not count towards things and have no bearing. I know that the commercial appeal does not except stats if a team plays a MS team from here (or at least they haven't in the past), Sure they count the win but you never know (I am just speculating)...

BA played Harding and did not finish...Harding is like 6-2...when they decided to play Pope John Paul...that was not a varsity game was it (considering PJP doesn't have a varsity). So we can assume that BA might get two of their games thrown out...since one was not against a TSSAA team, and the other was not against a Varsity team.

The BA-PJPII game was a varsity game officially. This scenario is one of the reasons BA was anxious to schedule it after the Harding cancellation. The St. X game was a loss, so it is not relavant, because the tiebreaker is number of victories, not winning percentage.

The way I read the TSSAA rules (a confusing task at best!!) if MUS beats CBHS, and everything else goes according to form, McCallie would be #1, BA #2, MUS #3. If CBHS beats MUS, BA would be #1, CBHS #2, and McCallie #3. If MBA beats McCallie (it could happen) then BA is #1, CBHS/MUS #2, McCallie #4.

Don't quote me on that, however!! :confused:

[Edited by itzme on 10-26-02 9:48A]

Right now, the only thing we know for sure is that Baylor will be the #6 seed, and Father Ryan won't be in the playoffs.

IF MBA and MUS win, it would be 1. BA 2. MUS 3. MBA 4. McCallie 5. CBHS

IF MBA and CBHS win, it would be 1. BA 2. CBHS 3. MBA 4. MUS 5. McCallie

IF McCallie and MUS win, it would be 1. McCallie 2. BA 3. MUS 4. CBHS 5. MBA

IF McCallie and CBHS win, it would be 1. BA 2. CBHS 3. McCallie 4. MUS 5. MBA