Middle Tennessee - Dominant!

Impactdad22

Chattanooga has club teams?

ERSA Express 97 Girls, now currently known as ERFC Evolution 97

*2012 Bash in the Boro Champions

*2012 Tennessee Div. II Championship Qualifier

*2012 Tennessee Div. II Champions

*2012 Southeastern U.S. Region III Championships Semi-Finalist

Booger can xspand mo, if you needs better anser to question :mrgreen: ......and that was just last year

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are also ranked 10th in the State in their age group and 270th in the country!! Very adequate! Good luck this year!

Thanks for the plug Impact :thumb: ....actually I think they are ranked 5th in the state.....the 10th place ranking i believe is soccer-in-college, which has about as much value as the HS rankings on this site (a lot of those teams want even register games unless they are wins)....the team actually beat out 2 of the teams directly in front of them on the soccer in college site for the state championship at the end of the season this year.....Got Soccer is more accurate and has some credibility........sorry G, I know there is another forum for the Travel/club/select teams to ramp

Actually, soccerincollege is a fairly good barometer to measure the abilities of teams in this state and around the country. Gotsoccer.com ranks teams based primarily on tournament points and soccerincollege.com ranks teams based upon their total schedule (tournaments, league play and other games). A decent team can play in a smalltime, local tournament and win and receive more "points" than a superior team that plays in the National or Premier League against the Country's top talent and loses by a goal or so. A team that plays major tournaments in Washington, DC, Raleigh, Disney, Las Vegas, etc. (with dozens of college coaches in attendance) but does not reach the semifinals or finals gets no points in Gotsoccer.com but can still be ranked as one of the top teams in the nation in soccerincollege. That being said, I wish the ERFC Evolution 97 team the best of luck this season!

• 2 weeks later...

Booger has expressed the problem with Chattanooga soccer very well. People around here think being the first in D2 means something.

I am pretty confident that when those girls won that D2 championship, it meant something.....actually, Booger is pretty sure that when those girls won the D3 Championship it meant something......and hopefully, just hopefully and with a lot of luck, they might just win a D1.....my guess is, that Championship may not mean a heck of a lot more to them them when and if it happens than those others did......this is just the girls that Booger is talking about now......

What these girls and their coach did in the beginning, was place themselves in a position to grow, develop and maybe win some kind of Championship or 2 along the way....in the beginning, they were not placed in, are giving this title of a D1 team where everyone could walk around living on the false assumption they were of greatness and elite stature; while at the same time truly playing D2 or maybe even D3 level soccer.....Most of the girls on the team have a pretty good understanding of the value D1, they have played their fair share of them......what they know for sure is it does not mean you can play or coach the game any better than a D2 team.......

We will see! The girls will be playing in that very, very talented and elite divsion of soccer called D1 this year (and may not win a game), but they have 2 Championships and almost a Regional Championship......Yeah, it means something......I'm just saying

Merry XMas to all from Booger :mrgreen: .

As the father of daughters that have won Div 3, Div 2 and Div 1 Championships, I know that ALL of the championships are important to the girls, the parents, coaches and teammates. A Championship is a Championship. You are the best at that level and congratulations are in order. The competition rises as you proceed through the ranks and Div 1 has been amazing for the past few years. I wish you success, Booger, as you venture into new territory! It should be a fun ride!!

As the father of daughters that have won Div 3, Div 2 and Div 1 Championships, I know that ALL of the championships are important to the girls, the parents, coaches and teammates. A Championship is a Championship. You are the best at that level and congratulations are in order. The competition rises as you proceed through the ranks and Div 1 has been amazing for the past few years. I wish you success, Booger, as you venture into new territory! It should be a fun ride!!

Aman to that Impactdad22. Championships are good at any level and they have 2 of them. Not to many in CHATTANOOGA can say that. Hopefully the girls can compete well enough this year to at least make the D1 Tourney, at least that is the goal the 1st year. This team does a pretty fair job of focusing on realistic goals and not living outside their capabilities.

• 6 months later...