Tri-County Seven

3rfan

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Elizabethton-they return a talented group of ladies. It will be a real battle with unicoi for the region. 2. Unicoi-same as the cyclones as they return a lot of talent.3. The lady Highlanders should get a lot of production from their posts this year and once again be top dog in district one. 4. Hampton-they have the weapons to challenge cloudland this year. Should be an exciting match up at van huss. 5.Johnson Co-they may have finally turned the corner. 6. Happy valley-don't know much about the lady warriors yet. 7. Unaka-may be wrong picking them at the bottom. Don't know

Dont worry king this troll will eventually move along. Now as far as rankings go there has been quite a few surprises with Cherokee about upsetting Elizabethton and Cloudland losing their first 2 right off the bat,but I will try to be as fair as possible and please feel free to agree or disagree.

1.Elizabethon-Still in my opinion is the team to beat.Having said that losing Hodge will be a big factor for the Lady Cyclones in alot of battles this year.

2.Happy Valley- Coming off to a good 2-0 start the Warriors seem to be a contender this year in their conference.

3.Hampton- The lady dogs just finished up the weekend going 2-1 with wins over South Greene and Smith County.Their only loss was to a very tough Cookeville team.

4.Cloudland-Lost two straight to a good Sullivan South and Sullivan East team.But with the talent Cloudland has I dont see them being down to much once the season rolls along.

5.Unicoi County- Got a good win over Sullivan Central but lost to a medioccur Volunteer team.

6.Unaka- Lost to a good Sullivan South team and followed up with a win over David Crockett.Could be a tough team in the conference that others might take for granted.

7.Johnson County- Battled South Greene down to the wire only falling short by 7 points.They are the most inproved team in this area hands down.

Edited by grassroots176

Sorry all, I have been asleep at the wheel. Thanks 3rfan for picking up the slack. I believe we have more parity from top to bottom than ever before. I think Elizabethton will stay at #1 or #2 all season, but we will see lots of movement from #2 through #7. Here are my week #1 rankings having only seen Elizabethton so far:

1. Elizabethton- Returning five senior starters makes them #1 (Morgan DePew, Reazyn DeMoss, Savannah Madgett, Whitney Roberts, and Lauren McCurry). The loss of Hodge hurts depth, but there is youthful talent (Bowers, Marosite twins) on the bench. Bradley and Isaacs provide guard depth. McCrary and Robinson can also play on the wings off the bench. This team goes about twelve deep, has a great point guard, solid posts, and smooth shooting wings. I look for a deep post season run.

2. Unicoi County- Going with tradition here and super point guard Emily Edwards. The loss of Gardner hurts the inside game. True and Laughren are the only other two players I know much about. Coach King is in her first year and hopes to continue the Lady Devils winning ways. I suspect they will be in the mix all year and should improve as they go along.

3. Hampton- Coach Tolley has a stable full of talented guards ( Dorothy Dugger, Alexis Bowers, Monica Olvera). Danielle Guinn is is tough and versatile. Paige Montgomery will play one post and showed promise last year. I do not know who the other posts are. They will need to develop to compliment the guards.

4. Cloudland- Brooke Rhodes is a D 1 post. Courtney Wilson is also a very good post. Cloudland lost some very good guards from last years' team for a variety of reasons and they will be missed. I will have to see the young guards play before really being able to assess where the Lady Landers are. Coach Birchfield and Coach Chambers develop players well, so they should be ok.

5. Happy Valley- New Coach Larry Abel has talent and this team could crack the top three this season. Guards MacKenzie Blankenship and Shalee Perry are very good. Jenna Eaton, Katie Hodge,and Kaitlyn Kinser can play. They also have some talented young kids that I have not seen. If they toughen up and play better defense, this team could have a great season.

6. Unaka- This could be the Lady Rangers year to make some noise. Alicia Colbaugh and Autumn Bradshaw are quick and talented guards. Kassie Winters can score from anywhere. Brittany Lawson and Brandi Ensor are solid rebounders and post scorers. I do not know much about their depth. They can score, but defense has been a problem. Hopefully, a year of growth will make them stronger and more physical on defense. Coach Wright has reason for optimism and could take this group a long way.

7. Johnson County- We all enjoyed watching this team grow and compete last year. They have gone through some tough rebuilding years, but are ready to enjoy some fruit from their labor. Coach Whittemore has some weapons. Brook Brown is a good point guard. Brionna Reece and Sarah Swift can score inside. Brandy Dugger can also play. The Lady Horns are long and athletic and play hard. They will beat several of the teams above them and could move up. I look forward to watching them play.

Edited by coachh17

You have Unicoi way to high.They just lost to a not so talented Volunteer team.Even with Cloudland 1-2 I would still put them ahead of Unicoi.In my opinion I believe I might have threw Happy Valley up a little to high even though they are 2-0 I would probably flip flop them and Hampton and move Hampton to the 2 spot.

Edited by grassroots176

The lady landers are gonna struggle w/o the girls they lost,their guards have only played mop up duty in games that were over.Its gonna be hard to replace Clark very talented.maybe by Christmas the guards will be ready,they still have two very good posts but if they can't get the ball it's hard to score.

Unicoi lost to Volnteer by 1 after blowing a 20 point lead obviously the Falcons dont care about the devils "tradition" and lost last night by i believe 24 to gatlinburg Pittman. Granted they are young but by the end should be in the 3 rivers mix. Hampton has played 3 tough games vs.AA South Greene(W), AAA Cookeville(L) and a tough AA Smith County(W) squad by 20+ who only lost 2 games all summer. If they can get some decent post play they could go pretty deep in the post season as well. They face another tough AAA foe in Morristown West, who lost to a shorthanded Science Hill by 1, today at Grainger County Tourney. I think Happy Valley could push Elizabethton and Unicoi nice guard play and Hodge at the post is pretty good too. Unaka like hampton has the guards but post is questionable. Cloudland, with losses to Sullivan's South and East, well it remains to be seen. Any team that returns 5 starters should do well and Eliabethton is that team. If chemistry holds up, they tend to turn on each other when things don't go well, and Depew stays out of foul trouble, no back ups with her scoring ability, they'll be just fine and if they don't start reading the headlines about how good they are suppose to be. Needed OT to beat Cherokee and have a good TN High team Friday & Sullivan South Saturday at Happy Valley. Hope Johnson County continues their improvement may have a shocker or two again this year.

Edited by bballfan05