FCS vs. Wilson Central

Commanderbra

sounds like somebody's kid didn't get the invite to play in Possumtown, you are certainly a venomous individual

You haven't passed anyone buddy. Despite the horrible state of Lebanon's current program, people still have more respect for them. It's probably because they don't play in a district with Pickett County, Red Boiling Springs, and Clay County. All are teams that good AAA freshmen teams could easily beat. Like I said, I'd love for Lebanon to give you a reality check.

Let's not get carried away. When you go D2, you are not going in there with Ensworth, MBA, or Brentwood Academy. You are with DCA, Webb, Davidson Academy, and others like that. Those aren't exactly great competition either, but I will admit it is 10 times better than what you got now.

With your recruiting, it's not going to change much from what it is now. You will recruit kids who have a focus in baseball and won't get on the field early at your AAA schools. These kids that would rather play in front of 500 people at a FCS-DCA game instead of 6,000+ at a MJ-Beech, WC-Beech, or MJ-WC game. Big loss!

FYI, no one in Wilson County cares that you went D2 except Watertown because they don't have to play you now. You are irrelevant not premier.

I do find it ironic that you are getting festered and nasty when you "don't even care about what FCS is doing" LOL! I think the size of MJ would be an advantage but to say that their athletes are better and faster is simply not the case. Many of the boys at FC have been in the trenches at MJ and would start for MJ. Compare athlete to athlete and FC will be on the level! Is it a "big loss" that they don't play in front of "6000" people (exact numbers or exaggeration?) but for what it emotionally costs many of those boys to put up with what they do from the coaches and staff..... I would say not really! Many past Portland athletes and parents could probably share horror stories too!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swan you type too much. Quit writing novels. Yes our schedule sucks, DUH!! Does it matter who Lebanon plays? No. We'd have beat them the last 4 years. FYI it doesn't matter who we play, it just matters how good we are. This year we'd be an average AAA school. Kids coming to friendship has nothing to do with how many ppl they'll play in front of, that was a stupid statement. We'll be playing Webb and possibly BGA next year and both would beat your team unless you rep MJ. Alos FYI, I never said anyone cared that we go D2. Now try not to get carried away with your next post. I'm done with this thread, we'll never get a chance to play these schools. They are too scared that if we actually did beat them then we'd take future players from them. Who can blame them though?

You haven't passed anyone buddy. Despite the horrible state of Lebanon's current program, people still have more respect for them. It's probably because they don't play in a district with Pickett County, Red Boiling Springs, and Clay County. All are teams that good AAA freshmen teams could easily beat. Like I said, I'd love for Lebanon to give you a reality check.

Let's not get carried away. When you go D2, you are not going in there with Ensworth, MBA, or Brentwood Academy. You are with DCA, Webb, Davidson Academy, and others like that. Those aren't exactly great competition either, but I will admit it is 10 times better than what you got now.

With your recruiting, it's not going to change much from what it is now. You will recruit kids who have a focus in baseball and won't get on the field early at your AAA schools. These kids that would rather play in front of 500 people at a FCS-DCA game instead of 6,000+ at a MJ-Beech, WC-Beech, or MJ-WC game. Big loss!

FYI, no one in Wilson County cares that you went D2 except Watertown because they don't have to play you now. You are irrelevant not premier.

Good grief! For someone that claims FC is inferior and to claim that no one cares about FC, you sure have spent a lot of time and thought ranting about FC. You have stated yourself that you are a coach, therefore, your posts sound petty and like jealousy. I know that you will claim you are not, but the fact remains if you didn't care, then you would not even respond to Volzchamp's posts or anyone else's for that matter. FC will continue to get good student/athletes that would benefit the 6A schools in the county and you guys will get good ones too. FC will try to continue to compete for championships and you guys can compete for your goals.

I sometimes look at change differently than others. Id like to think with a touch of nostalgia. As a Gordonsville alummi and fan, in some ways losing Fcs to D II and probably losing the rivalry is almost like losing Castle Heights a second time. Always a tough opponent that made you better because you had to up your game to beat them.

Wow, after reading all of these wonderful, colorful posts I don't know if I can add to this discussion, or even if I should, but I will attempt it.

Why do FC supporters feel they always have to compare themselves to other public schools in the county? You the made the decision to leave public school and attend private school, I am assuming you felt that your student/athlete would fair better, socially, academically and in extracuriccular activities if you atteded a private school.

So why is it so important to you now to come back and discuss how a public school "is a afraid of scheduling you" Would it not make more sense if another private school "was afraid of scheduling you" The TSSAA class system is in place for reasons above and beyond the scope of Wilson Co. teams

Honestly, FC has a great bunch of players, could they beat WC who knows, maybe, I mean a blocked punt, an injury and anything can happen. Could they beat MJ sure I guess they could on a given night, maybe MJ has a bad game etc....

But to claim that FC is the premier program in the county becasue they won a state title and the other schools did not is incorrect.

You can only compare your class and how you did in your class.

I read where someone says " there are FC players that can definately play at MJ or WC" ..... I'm positive that is the case, however there are MJ players that can definately play at FC too ?

I see your point it would be great if these county teams could play each other. Right now MJ has the best team, then FC , WC and LHS....... in 2 years that could all change.

Maybe we should root for all county teams to do well in the playoffs ?

I remember last year, when MJ and FC were in the state baseball tourney, they both laid an egg.

Wow, after reading all of these wonderful, colorful posts I don't know if I can add to this discussion, or even if I should, but I will attempt it.

Why do FC supporters feel they always have to compare themselves to other public schools in the county? You the made the decision to leave public school and attend private school, I am assuming you felt that your student/athlete would fair better, socially, academically and in extracuriccular activities if you atteded a private school.

So why is it so important to you now to come back and discuss how a public school "is a afraid of scheduling you" Would it not make more sense if another private school "was afraid of scheduling you" The TSSAA class system is in place for reasons above and beyond the scope of Wilson Co. teams

Honestly, FC has a great bunch of players, could they beat WC who knows, maybe, I mean a blocked punt, an injury and anything can happen. Could they beat MJ sure I guess they could on a given night, maybe MJ has a bad game etc....

But to claim that FC is the premier program in the county becasue they won a state title and the other schools did not is incorrect.

You can only compare your class and how you did in your class.

I read where someone says " there are FC players that can definately play at MJ or WC" ..... I'm positive that is the case, however there are MJ players that can definately play at FC too ?

I see your point it would be great if these county teams could play each other. Right now MJ has the best team, then FC , WC and LHS....... in 2 years that could all change.

Maybe we should root for all county teams to do well in the playoffs ?

I remember last year, when MJ and FC were in the state baseball tourney, they both laid an egg.

Agree with some of your points.I was reading this thread with the same questions.Why did FC fans (instead of focusing on their playoff games) start a thread to try to pick a fight with WC and pretty much all the public schools in the county? Saying that they are "best in county',ELITE,"premier program", "only Wilson County Champions".Going on to say they could beat the other teams and throwing out insults.You guys were sure dishing out some insults but when swanman or anyone else says anything then he is jealous or full of venom? I agree FightinIllin,its a shame we can't all support all of our county teams.FC wonders why the county doesnt support them,this kind of thing is the reason.