• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My All Region Players from mTp:

#20 #44 #5 #4

#5 could very well be a mvp candidate: 70 catches 1201 receiving yards 9 TD

Honorable mention

#30 #10

If #1 was around he would be MVP

#5 definitely deserves a lot of considetation for the spot. He also helped salvage what was left of mTp's season being a good go to guy for mTp's freshman QB.

Heard from a darn good source last week, #1 still had 2 colleges interested in him if he doesn't do time.

I guess it safe to say this is the last region 6 thread at least for 4 years, good luck to district 11

Yeah it stinks but its time for a change. I talked to Green man he said collinwood will play Lewis Co, Forrest, Adamsville, WC, PC, Loretto, Corners ville, Columbia Ac, and two more I don't remember. But Mt pleasant wouldn't return calls. Might have been Parsons Riverside too.

Yeah it stinks but its time for a change. I talked to Green man he said collinwood will play Lewis Co, Forrest, Adamsville, WC, PC, Loretto, Corners ville, Columbia Ac, and two more I don't remember. But Mt pleasant wouldn't return calls. Might have been Parsons Riverside too.

Wait what's going on? Did our region go away or something I haven't been in the mix laltley

COLUMBIA DAILY HERALD

By JUSTIN LAMB

jlamb@c-dh.net

MURFREESBORO — The TSSAA’s Board of Control approved the district alignments for the 2013-17 seasons, but not without some significant changes.

Three of the four changes from the TSSAA’s staff recommendations, which were released last week, occurred in Class AA.

Two of the changes involved area teams in Class AA as Fairview and Lewis County were shifted from District 12 to District 11. Also in Class AA, Loudon was moved from District 5 to District 4, while Tellico Plains will move from District 5 to District 3 in Class A.

The changes to District 12-AA were at the forefront of the meeting as the board voted on five different motions involving the league. Prior to the meeting, the district was set to consist of Cascade, Christ Presbyterian Academy, Fairview, Giles County, Lewis County, Marshall County, Page and Spring Hill.

All the changes to District 12-AA didn’t sit well with Spring Hill principal Richard Callahan and athletic director Jon Paul Jones, who both declined to comment on the record about the moves.

The controversy surrounding District 12-AA started when Cascade first attempted to leave the district, but a motion to move the school into District 7-AA, which consists of teams in the Eastern time zone in southeastern Tennessee, was not seconded.

Initially, the board approved a motion to move Fairview into District 9-AA, but after agreeing to place Lewis County in 11-AA there was a second vote involving the Yellowjackets. In the second motion, which was also approved, Fairview shifted from District 9-AA to District 11-AA.

“Our whole argument was that we wanted to get back to our old rivals,†said Fairview athletic director Ricky Jones. “We were told the only way we could get moved was if we went to 9-AA. I was happy either way. I think the TSSAA did what was right.â€

The reconfigured District 11-AA now has nine teams: Camden, Creek Wood, East Hickman, Fairview, Hickman County, Lewis County, Montgomery Central, Stewart County and Waverly.

The final motion involving District 12-AA had CPA moving to District 10-AA, which consists of Nashville-based schools, but it was denied. CPA will remain in District 12-AA along with Cascade, Giles County, Marshall County, Page and Spring Hill.

Lewis County athletic director Bryan True, who is also a member of the Board of Control, said geography was the main factor in teams wanting to leave District 12-AA.

“With Hickman County and East Hickman leaving, we’d be driving right by those schools to get to (the other District 12-AA schools),†True said. “We requested months ago to go to 11-AA.â€

Another significant change for the 2013-17 seasons was the disbanding of Region 6-A for football which had previously combined Districts 11-A and 12-A. The board voted to leave the districts separate surprising the affected coaches.

Columbia Academy, Cornersville, Mt. Pleasant and Richland are the only football-playing schools in District 11-A, while Collinwood, Loretto, Perry County and Wayne County remain in 12-A. The move left coaches scrambling to fill numerous open dates.

After a series of phone calls, coaches from District 11-A and District 12-A, decided to play each other in non-district games for the next two seasons. That arrangement will likely change in 2015 when Summertown fields a varsity football team for the first time.

“It started a mad dash, but we got it done,†said CA football coach Mike Mizer. “We are going to play the four teams from the other side because we didn’t want to get stuck traveling forever to play a game or having to play up (in classification).â€

Districts for Columbia Central, Summit and Zion Christian remained unchanged by the board from the TSSAA’s original proposal.

Columbia will be in District 8-AAA along with Coffee County, Franklin County, Lawrence County, Lincoln County, Shelbyville and Tullahoma.

Summit is in District 11-AAA with Brentwood, Centennial, Dickson County, Franklin, Independence and Ravenwood.

Zion Christian will remain in Division II-A, but its district alignment will be decided at a later date by the TSSAA’s Divsion II committee.

In other board moves, the Girls’ State Soccer Tournament will be moved from Chattanooga to the Siegel Soccer Complex in Murfreesboro for the 2013-14 and 2014-15 school years.

Follow Justin Lamb on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/JustinLamb34

By that article, mTp, Richland and Loretto go back to single A.

District 11A - mTp, CA, Cornersville, Richland still scheduled to play each other- but all drop from their schedules Collinwood, WC, PC, Loretto all of which will make up District 12A....

Unless these new District schools coaches work it out to actually still play each other on their now open dates on schedules or they choose to play other single A schools elsewhere or choose to schedule and play up/against AA, AAA schools.

Edited by Big Bigby

By that article, mTp, Richland and Loretto go back to single A.

District 11A - mTp, CA, Cornersville, Richland - all drop from their schedules Collinwood, WC, PC, Loretto all of which will make up District 12A....

Unless these new District schools coaches work it out to actually still play each other on their now open dates on schedules or they choose to play other schools elsewhere playing up/against AA, AAA schools.

Mt. Pleasant and Loretto will still be 2A in football and Class A in everything else like the past 4 years, but Richland will drop down to 1A. I'm pretty sure WC is going to play MP, Richland, and CA in 2013-14. Not sure about Cornersville though.

Edited by 1RT

Mt. Pleasant and Loretto will still be 2A in football and Class A in everything else like the past 4 years, but Richland will drop down to 1A. I'm pretty sure WC is going to play MP, Richland, and CA in 2013-14. Not sure about Cornersville though.

Ok.... I thought that was a little suspicious considering mTp enrollment numbers shouldn't have dropped enough to warrant single A. Just thought TSSAA had waived a magic wond or something..... Good to know WC will still be on schedule.