DeKalb Co. Season Thoughts

TigerPride23

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something special? We will have to wait & see about that. Charge at the end is a no call, alot more contact allowed on other plays like sonni groping whoever is in the middle. Used to be a foul anytime you reach over a post player on an incoming pass but the way he & coach martin pitch a fit I guess I would be afraid too! 1st time in a long time Ive seen refs get booed off the crt in LA at half & end of game. Even the zombies in the social event area of reserved seats made some sounds & they never cheer! It is what it is, LA did get out hustled. Great game to #3 & Ramsey.

It can't be a no call if the kid is standing there waiting for mccoin to run into him. It wasn't a bad call. You obviously don't know your basketball. DC is doin something special considering they are the ONLY team in the district to go into LA and beat them on there home court. That's actually happened the past 2 years. And sonni fouling? Do you not see #3 for Dekalb get killed 4 times at the end of the game and not get a call?

Something special? We will have to wait & see about that. Charge at the end is a no call, alot more contact allowed on other plays like sonni groping whoever is in the middle. Used to be a foul anytime you reach over a post player on an incoming pass but the way he & coach martin pitch a fit I guess I would be afraid too! 1st time in a long time Ive seen refs get booed off the crt in LA at half & end of game. Even the zombies in the social event area of reserved seats made some sounds & they never cheer! It is what it is, LA did get out hustled. Great game to #3 & Ramsey.

SOMEONE was booed off the court after we won last yr...whether refs or our team...who knows? Either way, a call at the end of a game like that should have been irrelevant if you guys had put us away when we were down by 10-12. I was very surprised to see them keep running with us at that point...and yes I know it was late 1st early 2nd quarter. But still, I would expect a team to be more deliberate with their play calling at a point like that.

Edited by dctiger

SOMEONE was booed off the court after we won last yr...whether refs or our team...who knows? Either way, a call at the end of a game like that should have been irrelevant if you guys had put us away when we were down by 10-12. I was very surprised to see them keep running with us at that point...and yes I know it was late 1st early 2nd quarter. But still, I would expect a team to be more deliberate with their play calling at a point like that.

Has anyone else noticed how often Livingston fans think officials are unfair? If there was contact then it wasn't a no call. However that call had gone, someone would have been unhappy. Give Livingston credit, they are good, but if theire game isn't easy then some of their fans go crazy on the refs. How classy is booing refs out of the gym two years in a row? Maybe LA's coach should have used those other four fouls while Dekalb was holding the ball so that putting them in the bonus might have been possible in case the refs cost them the game on a blown charge. So many little things could change the outcome of games. Maybe Livingston should focus on those and save themselves the embarrassment of coming unglued on the refs. I mean the last few years Livingston has had the biggest team in maybe the midstate and are also the most picked on by the officials? Theres a lot of ball to be played but outside of a few last second shots in the last couple of years, LA seems to have lost its district dominance. Good luck to both teams and maybe refs won't cost LA any more games.

Edited by B-O-B-C-A-T-S