TSSAA Board of Control Class AAA Changes

Jet Pride

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true the BOC voted secretly on this when it had voted publicly all morning long? If so, what are they trying to hide? Did the TSSAA violate its bylaws by refusing an appeal when the school's numbers don't put it in the classification in which the school is being forced to play?

Edited by TomJoad

Sullivan Central had to count 25-30 kids at an alternative school where kids from all over the county get bussed there. The likelihood of any of those kids playing athletics is 0%. Central would be a middle/lower of the pack 4A football, but now they will continue to have to play much larger 5A/6A schools and get beat like a drum. Whoever the TSSAA is looking out for, it is definitely not the kids' best interests. It's very disappointing.

Sullivan Central had to count 25-30 kids at an alternative school where kids from all over the county get bussed there. The likelihood of any of those kids playing athletics is 0%. Central would be a middle/lower of the pack 4A football, but now they will continue to have to play much larger 5A/6A schools and get beat like a drum. Whoever the TSSAA is looking out for, it is definitely not the kids' best interests. It's very disappointing.

AC had the same issue. I'm curious to know TSSAA's explanation on why these appeals were denied. Not sure if we'll get a straight answer though.

They should have allowed Rhea to move. If anything it would balance out District 6 better. I mean district 5 now has 8 teams in it with East Ham coming up. While district district 6 is still only a 5 team district. I would love to see more balanced districts as far as the number of teams go, but it dosnt look like thats going to happen.

Are the alternative school students coming from elsewhere already being counted in some other schools' enrollment numbers? I don't see how they would be counted at two different schools.

It doesn't sound like a good decision but my guess the reasoning is not encouraging any borderline schools to send a few of their students to alternative school while the count is being made, if they can possibly be a factor in moving down.

Are the alternative school students coming from elsewhere already being counted in some other schools' enrollment numbers? I don't see how they would be counted at two different schools.

It doesn't sound like a good decision but my guess the reasoning is not encouraging any borderline schools to send a few of their students to alternative school while the count is being made, if they can possibly be a factor in moving down.

Good points. Ive been trying to articulate these same points. From what I understand is, If u send 25 kids to alternitive school from Sullivan south, they are south students. If theres 25 there from Sullivan North, their Norths students, no matter where the Physical Location of the Alternitive school is. They cant be counted in both schools enrollments.

I tried to say this on another thread, and I think Im correct on this. Students dont just dissapear, there some schools responsibility.

Edited by CarolinaCrazy