AAA A/AA split is approved for 2013-2014 & DII 8 man bracket

CoachBlair

I concede. You guys are right. I'm sure you wrestled and coach at the highest levels. It is too bad the TSSAA didn't get your opinions before making their decisions. I'm going back under the bridge (down by the Russell Fork) to spend my days reading Chairman Mao, drinking 40's, demanding accommodations and destroying the sport. I have been one upped and out named dropped. Please enjoy your house and disregard lack of success of the small schools in the past. If they don't like it, they should have more kids so they'll have more people in their school. As I have obviously never been the best as you stated, I will bow out of the argument.

P.S. Enjoy the small school tournament next year

I hope you are not in the position to pass your defeatist attitude down to anyone, especially kids. And you miss the WHOLE point, if the small schools aren't satisfied with their success, doubling the size will NOT help. Doubling effort and commitment, just might.

Here's my final suggestion to you taketop: when things are not going as well as expected, look within, believe it or not you might just find it within yourself to overcome adversity without advocating a rule change to compensate your lack of success. If you can't find it within, do us all a favor and get out of the gene pool.

I hope you are not in the position to pass your defeatist attitude down to anyone, especially kids. And you miss the WHOLE point, if the small schools aren't satisfied with their success, doubling the size will NOT help. Doubling effort and commitment, just might.

Here's my final suggestion to you taketop: when things are not going as well as expected, look within, believe it or not you might just find it within yourself to overcome adversity without advocating a rule change to compensate your lack of success. If you can't find it within, do us all a favor and get out of the gene pool.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm quite happy with my success or lack there of. I guess it depends on how you measure it.

It appears that those coaches supporting the split here have decided they simply cannot eat at the trough with the big dogs.

I think maybe they should take it a step further and lobby the BoC for 1:30 periods for this classification.

Further they should medal the top 20 in each weight class, so Johnny can feel good about his season.

Also there should be a coach of the year trophy for this division for every five teams that participate and they should rotate them each year so each coach gets to take it back to their school, have their picture made with it, and place it in their trophy case for that year.

As someone stated earlier, they have killed our sport for this state.

The funny thing is they turn around and compare us to states like Ohio and other wrestling powerhouses. We are Tennessee, we have barley over 100 schools that wrestle and less than 1/3 of those care anything about wrestling. Are the coaches suddenly going to care now? Are administrators suddenly going to care more about our sport now? Wrestling is about passion and working hard and if you didnt do it before you arent going to start now because there is a small classification. Our state will be a joke for many many years to come. But hey, now at least the largest of the small schools can say they are state champions. we didnt solve any problems, we just allowed schools like Hixson, Central, Pigeon Forge to now have a shot because they have a few less kids than the large division. If you are going to create a small school at least make it for truly small schools like 500 or less students.

"The funny thing is they turn around and compare us to states like Ohio and other wrestling powerhouses. We are Tennessee, we have barley over 100 schools that wrestle and less than 1/3 of those care anything about wrestling"

If Ohio followed our mold, they'd have minimum of 6 divisions and Pennsylvania a minimum of 10.

Actually, I stand corrected - we now have THREE divisions (I almost forgot). That means Ohio would have 9 divisions (at least) and Pennsylvania a minimum of 15 divisions.

Edited by russianbear

"The funny thing is they turn around and compare us to states like Ohio and other wrestling powerhouses. We are Tennessee, we have barley over 100 schools that wrestle and less than 1/3 of those care anything about wrestling"

If Ohio followed our mold, they'd have minimum of 6 divisions and Pennsylvania a minimum of 10.

Exactly!!

It appears that those coaches supporting the split here have decided they simply cannot eat at the trough with the big dogs.

I think maybe they should take it a step further and lobby the BoC for 1:30 periods for this classification.

Further they should medal the top 20 in each weight class, so Johnny can feel good about his season.

Also there should be a coach of the year trophy for this division for every five teams that participate and they should rotate them each year so each coach gets to take it back to their school, have their picture made with it, and place it in their trophy case for that year.

As someone stated earlier, they have killed our sport for this state.

There should be an award for the best haircut. I don't think the smaller schools have nearly the same opportunity when it comes to hair design and barber selection. This will certainly level the playing field.

It would be great if we could add a 1 minute rest period in between periods also, maybe with the cheerleaders doing a little skit like a half time show.

The TSSAA BOC has made their decision and I for one of the few am fine with it. Between reftn, humorwrestling, conspirator and karelin I hear a lot incessant whining about how the decision will ruin the sport. BS. It does no such thing. The wrestlers, parents, coaches, administrators, school boards and fans have that power as much if not more so than the TSSAA BOC. The BOC merely made a decision based on what was presented as a matter of opportunity and equitable division to do what EVERY OTHER SPORT IN STATE does. Track, Cross Country, Tennis and Golf all have had for years the same division and to my memory not a single sports sport has complained about it being watered down or ruined. The kids are still given the same chance , as they have always had, to compete during the season at tournaments and dual meets.

We have a current A/AA duals formats and no one has screamed so much as once since that the opportunity for those teams to have a small school state title has diminished or lessened the meaning of being a team state champion.

Semantics and statistics (based on weak comparisons at best) aside does nothing to promote and build the very sport we all love. We all seek to have the best level of support, competition, respect and visibility we can for the kids not for anything less!!!

We can make the most of this opportunity (and that is exactly what it is) or create division.

"We can form a single united body, while the enemy must split up into fractions. Hence there will be a whole pitted against separate parts of a whole, which means that we shall be many to the enemy's few.

From Sun Tzu's "The Art of War"

My two cents worth.....now let the bantering continue