BA-MUS Live Webcast

WesVLT

Next day tapes.....Same way you guys install a jumbotron. Money, cash, $$$$.

Guess you never had a kid play sports. If you did you would understand. So What does it matter if you win, lose, or tie. If your kid was playing you watch will it. It's a memory good, bad, first game or last game of the kids life. You love your kids and his teammates so you watch. What's the big deal?

Just as an FYI, the game replay was up on TSSAA Network internet site on Saturday morning.

Just for my own education for the grounding call at the end of the game. Is it that you can not spike the ball from the shotgun? Does the penalty include a time run off?

Just as an FYI, the game replay was up on TSSAA Network internet site on Saturday morning.

Just for my own education for the grounding call at the end of the game. Is it that you can not spike the ball from the shotgun? Does the penalty include a time run off?

You can't spike the ball from the shotgun only under center. As for the clock I believe that since the clock was running before the penalty that it then runs after the ball is made ready for play. So when the R blew the whistle to make it ready the clock ran and BA was not aware it would run and huddled.

You can't spike the ball from the shotgun only under center. As for the clock I believe that since the clock was running before the penalty that it then runs after the ball is made ready for play. So when the R blew the whistle to make it ready the clock ran and BA was not aware it would run and huddled.

Your assessment of the clock situation is correct. The officials ran the clock, but the offense was unaware. However, they stopped the clock to confer, then abruptly ended the game. It was an odd way to end things.

Your assessment of the clock situation is correct. The officials ran the clock, but the offense was unaware. However, they stopped the clock to confer, then abruptly ended the game. It was an odd way to end things.

Actually the clock had already run out when they conferred. The clock had stopped on the penalty with 4 seconds left, the ball was placed, and moments later you can see the ref in the end zone (behind the BA players) signal that the clock had started. BA, obviously unaware of this, was still mulling around 4 seconds later when the same ref waved to stop the clock and trotted up to the line for the "conference." You mentioned "shirtless children" running onto the field. Because there were all zeros of the clock. Yes it was odd and unfortunate for BA.

Hindsight is 2020. The probablilty that those 4 seconds would have made much difference is pretty remote. Not many teams score an 80 yard td on the last play of the game even though it's possible. In my humble opinion ( and I say this with 100% support for BA's coaching staff ), I believe BA should have called a time out right away after Rodgers failed to pick up the first down. I understand waiting to see if MUS brings out the kicking team but I dont think they would have kicked the field goal even after a quick time out. It was 4th and 1.5 to go and I just dont think MUS would have taken the gamble to go for it. I just do not see why you would let the play clock run all the way down. If MUS misses the field goal you have only 59 seconds to run off the clock and the game is over. If they make it, which obviously they did, you give your team a minute to go down field and potentially win the game.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

• 2 weeks later...

Wes- I watched the rerun of the broadcast on You Tube. You did a great job and added so much more information about the players from both teams that we never get from any of the radio guys on any of the teams. You were prepared and impressive...they need to give you a color guy where you can slow down.

On the other hand, the game was one of the best I have seen in this division in six years. I knew that BA was getting gashed with the pass this year and they will not forget this one and the coverage mistakes they made to a fine MUS team. CJ will get better on the corner which he does not play as well as he does at receiver. I was surprised that BA did not get the ball to him on screens or short passes with open space around him...that is where he is best.

Wes- I watched the rerun of the broadcast on You Tube. You did a great job and added so much more information about the players from both teams that we never get from any of the radio guys on any of the teams. You were prepared and impressive...they need to give you a color guy where you can slow down.

On the other hand, the game was one of the best I have seen in this division in six years. I knew that BA was getting gashed with the pass this year and they will not forget this one and the coverage mistakes they made to a fine MUS team. CJ will get better on the corner which he does not play as well as he does at receiver. I was surprised that BA did not get the ball to him on screens or short passes with open space around him...that is where he is best.

Thanks for the kind words. My brother Will (a BA sophomore) typically does the color commentary, but he was out of town on a forensics trip. My voice was so tired, I barely talked for about four hours after the game!

Losing Annoor to injury hurt the BA defense -- the secondary wasn't the same without him. I'm looking forward to seeing this young group grow. Next year could be really fun.