BIG 7 CONFERENCE 2013

ArtVandalay

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand BA had a list of schools to call. They are trying to upgrade their schedule and next year should be as tough of a schedule as they have ever had at the school. BA and science hill have a good dialogue even though the schools have never played in football. BA wrestled there this year and in the past have played in SH basketball tournaments. So the schools know each other well. I believe this is a multi year deal with home and home as well as

Participation in other sports too. I will be at the game just hope It's a tough game that helps both teams prepare for later in the year. It's halfway into the season so both teams should be clicking. The top half of BAs schedule through science hill is brutal. The following schools were called. Whitehaven, DB, Oakland, Riverdale, Alcoa, Beech, Mount Juliet, all local big schools...schools in ga, Alabama and miss were also contacted as well as Bowling Green Ky. It's tough putting together a schedule

. Glad this game worked out. I think SH will be favored but should be a fun game.

Thanks...but I wasn't implying anything, just wanted to read the article.

The other interesting tidbit I took from this article was the coaches opinion on playoff's and scheduling:

"The problem is that our playoff system simply does not allow you to fill the schedule with tough opponents that might be in your back yard because there are a certain number of wins you must have, overall, to make the playoffs," Rector said.

"That part is very frustrating to me because we had to turn down what would be good games, solid opponents, good gate receipt possibilities because there would be a decent to high chance we might get beat and therefore exclude us from the playoffs. The days of playing anybody, anytime are simply over for most schools."

I wonder if this is going a home and home series?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was looking at DB's schedule today and I really like the way it is set up for this coming year.You never know how good the teams you schedule will be ,but DB did do a great job of trying to get some tough teams worked into the mix. August 22, 2013 vs. Farragut Home August 30, 2013 vs. East Hamilton Away September 6, 2013 vs. Volunteer Home September 13, 2013 vs. Sevier County Home September 20, 2013 vs. David Crockett Away September 27, 2013 vs. Ooltewah Away October 4, 2013 vs. Daniel Boone Away October 11, 2013 vs. Tennessee High Home October 18, 2013 vs. Sullivan Central Away October 25, 2013 OPEN WEEK November 1, 2013 vs. Science Hill Home

• 2 weeks later...

TENNESSEE HIGH SCHEDULE:

Thursday, August 22 -- Johnson County

Friday, August 30 -- @ Sullivan South

Friday, September 6 -- OPEN

Friday, September 13 -- @ Virginia High

Friday, September 20 -- @ Sullivan Central

Friday, September 27 -- Elizabethton

Friday, October 4 -- Science Hill

Friday, October 11 -- @ Dobyns-Bennett

Friday, October 18 -- Daniel Boone

Friday, October 25 -- @ David Crockett

Friday, November 1 -- Volunteer

Well this doesn't apply to the Big 7 this year but the primary rezoning option offered by the Sullivan County School Board tonight was the combination of Sullivan North and Sullivan South into one high school. That would result in a 9-12 population of about 1500 students which would utilize one of the school buildings. The other building would house all of the middle school students in the "West" zone. The resulting school would certainly be a member of the "Big X" Conference again. Thoughts?

I don't know how most of the North and South fans would feel about it,I know a few would hate the ideal.But I'll have some fun with the future,since there isn't much being wrote, I might as well go big.There are countess names that would fit such a school.I could see the Times sports page in a few years going something like this.The Stallions of Sullivan County High will try to stampede the Tribe at J Fred Johnson this saturday night while an expected crowd of 25,000 should once again be at this yearly shootout.The defending state champs of Dobyns-Bennett had their toughest two games against the Stallions last year.With the new playoff format and championship locations being set the week before at the most prime location for each title game.We could once again see a crowd of 150,000 at the Bristol motor speed way for a rematch of last years thrilling 56-55 DB victory over the powerful Stallions.They will both enter the week as top 5 nationally ranked teams.........By the way,any news on spring practices in the area and any good matchups

Edited by BatmanDB

I don't know how most of the North and South fans would feel about it,I know a few would hate the ideal.But I'll have some fun with the future,since there isn't much being wrote, I might as well go big.There are countess names that would fit such a school.I could see the Times sports page in a few years going something like this.The Stallions of Sullivan County High will try to stampede the Tribe at J Fred Johnson this saturday night while an expected crowd of 25,000 should once again be at this yearly shootout.The defending state champs of Dobyns-Bennett had their toughest two games against the Stallions last year.With the new playoff format and championship locations being set the week before at the most prime location for each title game.We could once again see a crowd of 150,000 at the Bristol motor speed way for a rematch of last years thrilling 56-55 DB victory over the powerful Stallions.They will both enter the week as top 5 nationally ranked teams.........By the way,any news on spring practices in the area and any good matchups

As long as Science Hill has ended the streak in this twilight zone future, have at it.

Well this doesn't apply to the Big 7 this year but the primary rezoning option offered by the Sullivan County School Board tonight was the combination of Sullivan North and Sullivan South into one high school. That would result in a 9-12 population of about 1500 students which would utilize one of the school buildings. The other building would house all of the middle school students in the "West" zone. The resulting school would certainly be a member of the "Big X" Conference again. Thoughts?

Can only imagine the consternation in the coaching offices over this. If North and South are combined, it is imperative that from the AD on down, the new school looks outside the system. It would be terrible mistake and a disservice to the communities to keep any current coach as the head man or woman.

This could turn out pretty good if they do things right.

And surely they won't be the Sullivan West Stallions. That needs some kind of contest or vote to overcome the challenged ones in Blountville.

As long as Science Hill has ended the streak in this twilight zone future, have at it.

What I wrote was big,but your talking about the impossible ! Just kidding,SH had that victory within easy reach last year and the football gods said,let the Hill wander 40 years in the desert looking for that elusive victory over DB 16640630.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by BatmanDB

Well I was wrong about one thing regarding the potential North-South merger. Apparently if it happens, it will be next school year (2013-2014). With the football schedules already set I guess they would play South's schedule since there are a few bigger schools mixed in there like Tennessee High and Daniel Boone. There are several common opponents however so a few teams in NET (Three Rivers Conference. Schools) would have 1 less game next year. In any event, we'll know by the end of March.

I messed this up but it is in reply to a message from BatMast.

I was a part of the Lynn View and Ketron consolidation in 1980. The best coach got the AD job then. Not sure what would happen this time but I really like Coach Norris. I'd think that it would be difficult to someone from outside the system at this time of year.