Oak Ridge 2013 Schedule?

boyfromsi

I didn't get to know Blade when he was here but since he was here and did a good job I hope he does fine at Independence. But I won't spend a minute worrying about how that team does. Some of you love to amuse yourselves with your own comments, even when they are anti-Oak Ridge. To each his/her own so have at it. I choose to ask questions about our team and pull for our team and our coaches, and I'll exercise my right to do that just like those of you who are either anti-OR or caught up in your own comedy. That being said, I'm excited but apprehensive about the coming season. The seniors who left were a strong group who did most the playing for the last two years so we will be a very inexperienced team.

Let me say this Cat. Not for a minute do I think that Sweet is anything but Pro OR. I think that he was able to sep his issues with Blade while he was here. I don't think that speaking ur mind abt a Coach makes u anti. If that is the case every one on here is anti OR.

I have no issues with Blade. Good coach. It's just he is gone now. Only problem i had with Blade is kids didn't enjoy playing for him. And lets be real, that's not good. And before you say anything BR. Hale was tough on kids, too. But, they loved playing for him and would've ran through walls for him, too. A lot of kids didn't even like Scott as a person from what i hear and when that is happening this day an age, it's not good. A lot of kids didn't like Armstrong either. But, lots of things have changed from 1956 till now. Say what you want and complain that kids are not as tough now as they used to be (which i agree they're not), but in todays world a coach can't get away with the things Jack got away with.

Edited by SweetScience

I agree with you BR that SS is pro OR. I actually think that you are too but you love to come across as anti. You actually prefer to ruffle folks feathers on here. I can understand that. Some take you too seriously and you like that. It's a public forum and you can be what you want. Just as some who are serious about OR football on here and are bothered with your negative comments. I personally enjoy the variety although I think some go a little overboard with the negative stuff.

I have no issues with Blade. Good coach. It's just he is gone now. Only problem i had with Blade is kids didn't enjoy playing for him. And lets be real, that's not good. And before you say anything BR. Hale was tough on kids, too. But, they loved playing for him and would've ran through walls for him, too. A lot of kids didn't even like Scott as a person from what i hear and when that is happening this day an age, it's not good. A lot of kids didn't like Armstrong either. But, lots of things have changed from 1956 till now. Say what you want and complain that kids are not as tough now as they used to be (which i agree they're not), but in todays world a coach can't get away with the things Jack got away with.

Some kids did not like Urban Myer. They said that he picked his favorites. I have heard that Woody Hayes was not one that you could approach. Saban_ Spurrier the list goes on. You can't please all of them. Or their Fathers. Edited by bladerunner

Some kids did not like Urban Myer. They said that he picked his favorites. I have heard that Woody Hayes was not one that you could approach. Saban_ Spurrier the list goes on. You can't please all of them. Or their Fathers.

College and High School are 2 different things. We are dealing a lot more with parents in HS then in college. I don't like it, but it's just the truth.

I agree with you BR that SS is pro OR. I actually think that you are too but you love to come across as anti. You actually prefer to ruffle folks feathers on here. I can understand that. Some take you too seriously and you like that. It's a public forum and you can be what you want. Just as some who are serious about OR football on here and are bothered with your negative comments. I personally enjoy the variety although I think some go a little overboard with the negative stuff.

I see your point. This is my school. If I think that a Coach is great- I will say it. . If I think that a Coach is bad news. I will say it. I get tired of hearing abt kids not enjoying themselves. I did not enjoy two a days. I did not enjoy the long hot practices. But you know, it made me better. And not just as a football player. I can't want it more than the kids do. Blade wanted to win period.

I see your point. This is my school. If I think that a Coach is great- I will say it. . If I think that a Coach is bad news. I will say it. I get tired of hearing abt kids not enjoying themselves. I did not enjoy two a days. I did not enjoy the long hot practices. But you know, it made me better. And not just as a football player. I can't want it more than the kids do. Blade wanted to win period.

Yeah, and Gaddis doesn't? what coach doesn't?

I am sure that Gaddis does wnt to win but people are not slamming him on here. They are putting down Blade.

Newsflash:Blade isn't OR's coach anymore. Who cares? Unless your his wife or family member, that is. For me, i will support the team and coaches we have now. Have fun supporting the 2009-2012 Wildcats, BR.

Edited by SweetScience