TRIVIA....

Vandychris

An interesting subject has come up through last nights Summertown win vs LCHS.

When is the last time a Summertown GIRLS basketball team defeated Lawrence County?

What is even more intriguing is where you can find such information. I checked the TSSAA website and couldnt find such information, nor could I find anything relative to all time series records between any two teams.

Any help in locating such information would be very appreciated and probably beneficial to several posters on this site.

Thanks ahead of time!!!!

An interesting subject has come up through last nights Summertown win vs LCHS.

When is the last time a Summertown GIRLS basketball team defeated Lawrence County?

What is even more intriguing is where you can find such information. I checked the TSSAA website and couldnt find such information, nor could I find anything relative to all time series records between any two teams.

Any help in locating such information would be very appreciated and probably beneficial to several posters on this site.

Thanks ahead of time!!!!

I'm sure the school would have some sort of records, but per coacht schedules it hasn't been since 2001 unless I just overlooked it!

Checking via newspaer microfiche at the library prior to november 2010 they hadnt played since the 1994-95 season and LCHS won both games that season...prior to that I know they didnt beat them from the 1990-91 season up to that point. Summertown did however knock off a #1 ranked Wayne County during the district tournament in 1995....I am guessing it must be at least 25-30 at the minimum

I think the 88-89 season was last Clifton victory over WC...the two teams split during reg season then WC defeated Clifton in OT during the 2-3 game of dist tourn that year at Cwood which was huge for reg tourn bc it put WC and a Mia Daniel-led #1 in state Cwood in opposite brackets...Cwood and WC faced off in reg finals and the Lady Cats upset Cwood, coached by Hal Clark, at Cully and made it to state tourn...Clifton was very good that yr and had Stephanie Warren, Alicia Bumphus, Cindy Kelley, Lori Simmons, Nicki Kelley and can't remember the rest...