Dresden Lions 2013

TNFootball

I'm a football kind of fan, but his visit did occur and he didn't work out with the QB or receivers. He talked to the head coach and an assistant and wanted to transfer, but wanted to know where he'd fit in and if he could. They basically told him he had a good thing at Dresden with that program on the rise and that he'd have to sit out a year. I was just curious if he was still there. He is a good player and will be very dangerous to any team that he lines up against. As far as Hoggy there, he needs to stick to his "distribution" of magic...and hope it keeps working for him until a parent gets involved.

If working hard and pushing these young men to work as hard as they can to get better is "distribution" of magic, then the parents will continue to support hog. Just because Dresden beats westview two years in a row doesn't mean that it is magic. Sounds to me like westview needs some of that magic in their coaches.

Not sure what was going through the Swafford's mind at that time but it is what it or so they say. He is an awesome player and we are glad he is still with us. I'm expecting a hard fought battle with two teams that respect each other but dont like each other much. Figure it will be very chippy until the refs take control.

You can bad mouth Hog all you want but we are proud he is a Dresden supporter and I'm sure if he was a Westview fan you would have a few more people talking about your football program on the T. Pretty sad your the only one who ever talks Westview football.

Not much to say.

We have a junior and the freshman battling for the starting qb job. Freshman will be a stud for sure in a year or two. He's tall, strong arm and makes good decision but he's still a freshman. I wonder how well he can handle high school hits because he is still 160 to 170. I'm not writing off the junior just yet. Should be intetesting for the next week or two. Nice problem to have and we normally don't have two qbs to choose from.

I heard you guys were going to have a freshman qb this year. I talked to a coach from another school and they said he threw for like 2000 yards last year in middle school. Said he was fast too!!! What's the scoop???

you need to talk to another coach because that one is misinformed. he is slow!!!!!

He would definitely rather throw the ball as tuck and run it. I wouldn't call him slow either but he isn't a speedster.

Personally I think he could be, key word is "could" be a Luke Ward type QB. He will be 6'3" or 6'4" and probably 4.7 40 when he is a Jr or SR. He already has a pretty stout arm. I repeat just my opinion and we all know what opinions are like.......

I was kidding about dresser being slow. I just think there is a lot of talk about a freshman qb that has not played a single down of high school football. I believe he has all the potential to be an excellent qb but the talk should be about a talented, hardworking senior laden team. They will have to lead this team if they are going to win games. They will have to guide these young players. I do think there will be three freshman seeing a lot of playing time and maybe even starting. They are all talented and have worked very hard this summer. If they can step up along with these seniors it could be a very good year for the lions.

I agree 150% to your post. These older kids will have to protect whoever our QB turns out to be. Our defense will be nasty with what we have returning. All we will need is a QB good enough to keep a defense honest and not turn the ball over. Biggest question for me is O line play. Weve got kids who need to grow up fast and get mean.

Seniors better step up and lead!!!!!!

Edited by ysoangry