Rhea County Football 2013

EagleLegend1

I hope you don't think I thought we were good last year? We were better than 2-8 though. I promise you we would have played cookeville for a district championship if we had been in that district last year! Just because we'll win this year doesn't mean we'll be much better than last, just a easier schedule. You can't argue that. Kids have to want to play for their HC.

Anybody see the Chattanooga Times article this AM where they interviewed Jason Fitzgerald and Andy Kelly? Nice interviews. Impressive young men. Too bad Fitz had such poor support from Rhea County Administration that he decided to go elsewhere. After reading the article I sat back in my recliner and counted how many good ball coaches Rhea County has either run off or made so miserable they left. It was pretty impressive and included several sports. Way to go, Rhea County. Maybe no one will notice that future records could be due to us being in a weak district.That said, I hope our teams do well and I will certainly pull for them. And I wish luck to our former coaches who are now working in school districts that appreciate their value.

Well majority I guess we'll have a conversation just between us. The district is weak, we should be able to throw our cleats out on the field and win 5 or 6. Cookeville won the district at 5 and 5 last year. Wow

First of all, welcome to district 6. Looking forward to playing Rhea year in/year out.

I would expect ya'll to be competitive. You're right it's one of the weaker 5-6A districts in the state, right now.

I wouldn't put too much into Cookeville winning the district with a 5-5 record last year though. There were reasons for that. First you gotta know that there were only 5 teams in district 6 last year. Cookeville went 4-0 in the district by a combined score of 136-34. So Cookeville had 6 games out of district. Beat Lebanon, and lost to Brentwood, Tullahoma, Mt. Juliet, Riverdale & Beech. Pretty tough. Shoulda beaten Tullahoma, and was tied with Mt. Juliet in the 4th quarter before the wheels kinda came off.

The Cavs have a new Head Coach, OC & DC (Jimmy Maynord & company from Smith County) so I would expect them to be much better going forward.

By dumping Coffee County & adding Rhea County & Stone, I think it has the potential to make the district better in the long run. Plus we're back to 6 teams which is good.

I want the district to be tougher. Cause due to geography the Cavs are stuck here and can't do anything about it.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing ya'll October 4 at Eddie Watson Field here in Cookeville.

First of all, welcome to district 6. Looking forward to playing Rhea year in/year out.

I would expect ya'll to be competitive. You're right it's one of the weaker 5-6A districts in the state, right now.

I wouldn't put too much into Cookeville winning the district with a 5-5 record last year though. There were reasons for that. First you gotta know that there were only 5 teams in district 6 last year. Cookeville went 4-0 in the district by a combined score of 136-34. So Cookeville had 6 games out of district. Beat Lebanon, and lost to Brentwood, Tullahoma, Mt. Juliet, Riverdale & Beech. Pretty tough. Shoulda beaten Tullahoma, and was tied with Mt. Juliet in the 4th quarter before the wheels kinda came off.

The Cavs have a new Head Coach, OC & DC (Jimmy Maynord & company from Smith County) so I would expect them to be much better going forward.

By dumping Coffee County & adding Rhea County & Stone, I think it has the potential to make the district better in the long run. Plus we're back to 6 teams which is good.

I want the district to be tougher. Cause due to geography the Cavs are stuck here and can't do anything about it.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing ya'll October 4 at Eddie Watson Field here in Cookeville.

The boys should be pretty good this year. Want be world beaters but should be competitive. And yes looking forward to the October 4th game.