BRAC 2013

GreenPap

Not very impressive cgalum12. West Greene hasn't won a game and their average margin of loss is about 22pts a game. They are having a tough year. Greeneville beat CD by 14 and I heard it was on of CD's best played games of the year according to some. SG beat Claiborne. Kind of looks to me like it will be:

1. Greeneville

2/3 CD/Gap

4 Grainger

5 SG

6 Claiborne

7 WG

Edited by GreenPap

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't disagree with your guesses as to how they will end up Greenpap. I was at the Cd=Greeneville game. Greeneville started on fire, hitting like 4 3's early in the first qtr. Cd fought back but Greeneville defended their lead well. By the 4th qtr Greeneville was playing not to lose and CD made a decent run, getting the margin down to 7 I think. Lots of talent on CD's team but it just seems disjointed, like they just cannot put the pieces together. I don't know but I think they are capable of beating Greeneville. That is not the same thing as doing it though. All said, it was a rather boring game to watch. I had anticipated a real back and forth, not really caring which team won. I was disappointed in that.

Maybe CD played a bad game in the game I saw against Grainger, but I left that game thinking CD wouldn't play with Greeneville. I'm thinking CD has a couple of shooters and if they are on they can play with or possibly beat anyone in the conference, but if they aren't on, they can lose to any of the top 6.

I thought Elizabehton was the team to beat in the other district, but it's looking like it may be Sullivan East. East lost to Greeneville by 2 but they have evidently improved.

South Greene just lost too much last year to graduation. They haver only 1 senior this year. Just a young team that has improved, but once they get behind it just seems they cannot catch up. But they will be back to a regular competitor. Next year they move down to Single A from AA though. It is where they belong, since they have just over 400 students I think. Coach Hoese is a real competitor that gets players motivated. I would bet he gets them into shape for next year, but yes, I am afraid they just aren't competitive in the BRAC this year.

As to West Greene, I just don't know. They always seem to do worse than they are capable of. Maybe they can figure out the way to become more competitive. Being a fan, I don't like watching blowout games even if my team is winning.

South Greene just lost too much last year to graduation. They haver only 1 senior this year. Just a young team that has improved, but once they get behind it just seems they cannot catch up. But they will be back to a regular competitor. Next year they move down to Single A from AA though. It is where they belong, since they have just over 400 students I think. Coach Hoese is a real competitor that gets players motivated. I would bet he gets them into shape for next year, but yes, I am afraid they just aren't competitive in the BRAC this year.

As to West Greene, I just don't know. They always seem to do worse than they are capable of. Maybe they can figure out the way to become more competitive. Being a fan, I don't like watching blowout games even if my team is winning.

Just a question here not a hater. I like a couple teams in your district, but do any of you think any of your top four teams have a shot at beating any of district ones Teams this year in regions? Just looks like the district is down alot this year. Greenville has played the toughest schedule by far and thats what helps them come tourny time, Gap has a nice win over a down catholic team but there schedule is awful. CD and Grainger look to be the 3-4 teams and I dont think they can pull the upsets at region. Just asking, and wish them good luck.

No I do not think the BRAC will be able to compete when the tournaments come around. Truth is the BRAC wasn't competitive last year and they are worse this year. Greeneville has several players that can shoogt if they are hot, as does CD. But I don't think either of them stands a chance against Region 1 teams. I wish they were but I don't think it will be pretty come tournament time. None of the BRAC will make a substate is my prediction. They just aren't consistent. I probably should not include C Gap or Grainger since I have not seen them play. Thje Greene County teams, just not that good imho. But that's why they play them. I just don't think it will go the BRAC's way this year.

But at least I get to watch them play each other a few more games until then. So it's all good.

I'm not so sure about that. Sullivan East is in control in Region 1 and Greeneville has a win over them albeit by 2 points. It appears that Elizabethton is a pretty solid team as well but they lost at home to Sullivan E. I'm thinking Greeneville can beat anyone in that district but they are probably the only team that can.

Edited by GreenPap

I'm not so sure about that. Sullivan East is in control in Region 1 and Greeneville has a win over them albeit by 2 points. It appears that Elizabethton is a pretty solid team as well but they lost at home to Sullivan E. I'm thinking Greeneville can beat anyone in that district but they are probably the only team that can.

You have a good point there.. So many teams I simply have not seen play this year myself, I just think that District 1 has such a tradition of being tough to beat that I assume that the BRAC cannot play them this year. It will be interesting to watch. I did get to watch N Greene and S greene last night. And Grainger against S Greene on Friday. I just don't see much in the BRAC, although that was my first time seeing Grainger this year and they look like they could be better than I thought before watching them. Of course, they were playing S Greene, who are definitely down this year and not a team to measure someone else by.

Greeneville might be better than the 3 or 4 games I have watched them this year. I just thought they were better last year. But that is why they play them, and I look forward to seeing how it all plays out.

• 4 weeks later...