Good Night for Blount County Girls in 4AAA

GovMan

Heritage won yesterday to go 1-1 in tourney. Will play again today. Impressed with Thomas and Johnson at guard. Also Wolfe and Knight with good post play yesterday and Pryor the day before. If the Coach would just leave them be...who knows. I still think there will be girls leave the program but I hope not. I will be there cheering you on!

Alcoa looks to be peaking. Newman had two outstanding games and they are 2-0. She can put on a show. Cant say enough about the Freshman guards Shields and Trout. They can light it up outside. Impressed more and more about Trouts total game. Their coaches do it right. Should be a good championship game if Newman and the rest of guards come to play. Hope I get to stay for it!

Looks like the the new topic should be "Bad Week for Blount County 4AAA.

â– William Blount loses by 39 to Seq (is that score real?)

â– Heritage loses 2 games at Christmas tournament to teams that Alcoa beat.

â– One of loses was by 14 ...Alcoa beat same team by 21 !

Girls basketball is strange next week could be entirely different !

Looks like the the new topic should be "Bad Week for Blount County 4AAA.

â– William Blount loses by 39 to Seq (is that score real?)

â– Heritage loses 2 games at Christmas tournament to teams that Alcoa beat.

â– One of loses was by 14 ...Alcoa beat same team by 21 !

Girls basketball is strange next week could be entirely different !

Very interesting, would really like to see a match up between Alcoa and

Heritage now. Does anyone know why 2 Blount Co. teams wouldn't play

each other?

Farragut vs Heritage. Heritage has the ability to play with good teams like Farragut, but they must be disciplined the entire game, not just the first quarter. Farragut has a great post. The Pryer girl has proved she can score when they bring the ball to her, that coupled with the Knight girls athletic ability makes the inside a good match up for them. If Heritage starts throwing up 3's this game will be over. I doubt Heritage averages 20% outside the arch, but that's where they go each game. Stay with your inside and shoot your 3's off the pass not the dribble and you could look good in the new year.

With all due respect to Midnightghost, but we in District 4 are entering the Real part of the season. Heritage has been exposed. It has the potential to beat the lesser Knox County teams in our district, but is not up to playing a complete team like the Lady Admirals!

They should not feel bad about this, because the only team in town worthy of giving us a game this year is Fulton. Heritage should put aside its phantom fantasies. They have limited talent at post, but don't play solid defense and their guards can't handle pressure or shoot off the dribble. These are all areas where the Lady Ads excel.

It astounds me that Midnightghost brags about Heritage after losing to an undersized team that everyone knows will be roasted by our girls next week. But, at least this year, that school to the east isn't so foolish as to think its girls can compete with the Lady Admirals. That team has one decent player but not much experience or depth. Without real upperclass leadership or much competition on their schedule, those girls can't hope to hang for four quarters with a complete and battle-tested team like Farragut. But at least they know it.

You would think that the rest of the teams in District 4 would have also figured out their place by now.

The Lady Admirals win with class--and look great while doing it!

Edited by ladadad

With all due respect to Midnightghost, but we in District 4 are entering the Real part of the season. Heritage has been exposed. It has the potential to beat the lesser Knox County teams in our district, but is not up to playing a complete team like the Lady Admirals!

They should not feel bad about this, because the only team in town worthy of giving us a game this year is Fulton. Heritage should put aside its phantom fantasies. They have limited talent at post, but don't play solid defense and their guards can't handle pressure or shoot off the dribble. These are all areas where the Lady Ads excel.

It astounds me that Midnightghost brags about Heritage after losing to an undersized team that everyone knows will be roasted by our girls next week. But, at least this year, that school to the east isn't so foolish as to think its girls can compete with the Lady Admirals. That team has one decent player but not much experience or depth. Without real upperclass leadership or much competition on their schedule, those girls can't hope to hang for four quarters with a complete and battle-tested team like Farragut. But at least they know it.

You would think that the rest of the teams in District 4 would have also figured out their place by now.

The Lady Admirals win with class--and look great while doing it!

Wow, I read this post and thought, how do you respond to something this arrogant . It would be so good for you, if Bearden did beat Farragut. For you to say the teams should have figured out their place, come on, Farragut still has a lot of games to play. They almost lost to Catholic and they have to play them again, anything is possible. Even the Lady Ads, could get beat on any given night.

Look great while doing it, what the heck does this mean?

Big fan of the kids on the Farragut squad but ladadad has got to be baiting or just needs meds. Farragut is one of the top 4 squads in our area. (Webb gave them all they wanted twice in preseason).

That being said...Right now I think the 4 teams that would best represent come playoff time would be in order....Webb,Farragut/CAK,Fulton

Went to Heritage and Maryville game. Frankly, neither team very good right now. Hard to watch Maryville. They have one player. If Heritage didnt have chemistry problems, they should have easily won this game. Johnson playing well. Post have talent but kind of up and down. Still waiting on my mountaineers to turn this thing around. Leah Thomas is solid.

WB playing well. Nice win over LC. Like their scrappy play. Henry,Talbott,Click leading the way. Another young team.

Alcoa another win. Young and loaded with talent. Still need a post. Would have been a great fit if the Knight from Heritage would have ended up there. However Coach Johnson always has the girls ready and they respond well. No chemistry problems there! Hope to see their next home game and will report.