Sweetwater 9-0

Guest Emgirl1602

They will at least make it to the semi-finals of the state. There they will have to go on the road to either (probably) Tyner or Lipscomb. This semi-final contest could actually be the championship game. The past two when Alcoa and Goodpasture hooked up the game was actually better than the actual championship game.

Do you have any respect for Sweetwater? Besides the girl that keeps getting on here that knows nothing about football and makes the wildcats look bad, they are very respectful on the field. When they played Oliver Springs,

i saw #6 help up one of the players that was injured for O.S. They have class and you shouldn't down a team like that. I've seen Tyner play also. They whine and cry all the time. They play for themselves.

Posted by TheCoach93:

Do you have any respect for Sweetwater? Besides the girl that keeps getting on here that knows nothing about football and makes the wildcats look bad, they are very respectful on the field. When they played Oliver Springs,

i saw #6 help up one of the players that was injured for O.S. They have class and you shouldn't down a team like that. I've seen Tyner play also. They whine and cry all the time. They play for themselves.

I don't like Stlitner, but I'm siding w/ him here. He didn't disrespect Sweetwater, he's giving his opinion, one which I happen to share (except I think Sweetwater will be going to Goodpasture). I watched the OS-Sweetwater game. Sweetwater has a very good team, but they aren't great. They're the best in East Tennessee, but E.T. is kinda weak this year. The Wildcats will make the semis, but one of the recruiting D-I's or Tyner will get the better of them.

[Edited by OSHSman on 10-27-02 8:11P]

For one thing, East Tennessee isn't weak. The 2 best 2A teams in the state are both undefeated and they both are in East Tennessee. Tyner and Sweetwater.Tyner is gonna run through Lipscomb, then meet Goodpasture and then slaughter them. Tyner and Sweetwater is going to be a very good game. Don't be surprised if Sweetwater beats Tyner and then goes on to beat whoever if West Tennessee. Since we are entitle to our opinions,which mine are facts, West Tennessee lacks the athletes and skill to face a Tyner or a Sweetwater. By the way, your opinion doesn't matter. You are just sour that O.S. lost to a good football team. Take a beating like a man. We make no excuses here in Walker Valley.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that Tyner will slaughter Goodpasture...they are very strong this year. I'm not saying that Tyner won't win, but I think it will be an extremely close game if it ends up being played. I mistakenly said the other night that Goodpasture would win 2A...and I was definitely wrong in guaranteeing that with Tyner lurking around the corner. I do, however, think that these two teams are the top 2 in 2A. It should be very fun to see how things play out.

If you will read my post and read it carefully you supposed Coach93--I said don't be surprised if the Sweetwater and Tyner game is the REAL championship in week 14--the semi-finals. If finishing 13-1 and losing to and on the road, in my opinion--backed up with their victories, the best team in the state is disrespectful, then so be it--I can't help it if your feelinga are hurt. :o

There are no sour grapes with me. I wouldn't mind seeing Region 2 win the championship, but...I just don't see it happening.

A9, have you seen tyner play this year? Not that it diminishes your opinion if you haven't. I have been fortunate enough to see both teams. I'm not going to bash either team for that is a pleasure that I reserve for oliver springs :D. I haven't seen swater play a game that would win a championship game, but the game that tyner played Friday wouldn't win one either. There is still alot of football to be played, and I know that Coach Turner and Coach Rhodes (no kin to Dusty) are working hard to get their teams where they need to be. If the game does materialize, I think it comes down to three F's: Field Position, Fresh legs, and Fundamentals (advantage to the wildcats). As you say, this could be the championship if it materializes. I haven't seen the teams from the middle of the state or on the left end of the state play so I can't comment. But, I don't have to go around the world to know that the sky is blue everywhere and that Milan, GP and DL are always tough.

Just my humble but accurate insight :)